Nier Automata + Shader 3.1.0 + FAR 0.7.0.18

NightroModzz

So I've been at this all day and think that I have finally figured it out, and it was so basic! But want conformation as I've only made sure it launches, and I'm surprised that I could not find this explanation anywhere on the net.

The little instructions left by the FAR author on github are very outdated stating to rename files and is no longer required. Yet the author has the time to still be making new versions. The latest being less than a week ago.

I've tried renaming and multiple versions looking for compatibility. Going from won't launch, error; no memory, to some kind of warning sound instant crash. Going to crash logs, it said "WARNING! Exception denied" or something similar. I got that warning sound effect after switching the .ini names, etc of the shader and FAR mod.

What worked for me:

1) Install shader.

2) Install the FAR mod with SKIM64.exe

3) FAR will create a ReShade folder, but for me it does not get created until after attempting to launch the game a few time. After created, move the following files created by the shader; anything with dxgi, reshade-shaders, then put them in the ReShade folder created by FAR.

4) Maybe not required, but I added this at the end of the ReShade64.ini from the FAR mod.

[Import.dxgi]
Architecture=x64
Filename=dxgi.dll
Role=ThirdParty
When=Early

Hope this helps anyone, but will need to test further tomorrow since it's already 4:30 in the morning and spent most of my day on this! So far, it launches.

Now I just need to figure out how to install a texture pack, but don't know what folder to put it in. Makes Skyrim look like a walk in the park. The only texture tutorial I can find is on the Steam Forums. However, to me it just looks like a preview of the textures and takes you back and forth between the same links of the so called guides. The only real information it gives to start off with, is that it requires FAR.

So any useful information anyone is willing to share would be most helpful. I'm pretty sure a lot of people have difficulties modding this game with outdated, and lack of proper instructions.

Archived