Slave Master Follower: A Mod Concept (need advice)

So I've had this idea for a long time now, and since no one has made it yet and no one seems willing to, I thought I'd at least look into making it myself. Warning: I am a complete mod noob, I've never made one before.

The Concept:

A custom follower that is, in essence, the leader. He (for now, maybe a she in the future) enslaves your character and you do what he says. He basically becomes the main character, and you are his follower. He picks the quests, he talks to NPCs, he buys and sells things, and he's the one who decides what you wear (if anything), and what equipment you have.

The Details:

He'd be strong, assertive and dominant, with a cruel streak that only really comes out if/when you disobey. He can and will punish you for disobedience or failure, and it's not always physical pain. He might force you to be naked, or shave your head, or brand you, or humiliate you, or whore you out for cheap.

Obviously, you'd be forbidden from doing things without permission. You must ask to eat, sleep, pick up items, and more. He'd give you responsibilities like carrying his things, giving him items as needed, heal and protect him in battle, and naturally, providing him with sex whenever ordered.

There's a number of different ways he could come to own you. Maybe he defeats you in battle, or maybe he buys you at a slave auction. There's several mods this could plug into for that. Perhaps you just start the game that way through a LAL plugin, or maybe it's random and you never know when or where he will appear.

Story:

He'd have his own quest line, and the outcome would depend on how obedient you are and how helpful you've been. Maybe he's looking for someone, maybe for revenge. Maybe he's a sympathetic villain, or an antihero (a la The Punisher). Perhaps by the end of the quest line you may earn your freedom, or commit yourself to him even further. Maybe even marry him, though your Master/slave relationship would continue, even if/when he allows you more freedom of movement and choices (like picking quests).

What It All Comes Down To:

This would be a huge undertaking. It would be an even more complicated mod than custom followers like Vilja, because not only would you need to program their AI to interact with and recognize places and events, you'd have to cut off your character's ability to do anything without permission and create scripted events for literally every interaction that would normally have been ascribed to the PC. And naturally, it would require a ton of voice acting and include other custom NPCs. The storyline would have a lot of branches and multiple endings, and interactions with the Master would require a lot of scripting. Hell, just typing this makes it feel like way too much for me.

But come on. An interactive Master that leads you on his adventures? How amazing would that be? It's the dream of every submissive masochist who plays modded Skyrim. It would certainly make me a very happy girl, even if I already know how the story line ends.

What I Need From You:

I need your help. If I'm going to make this, I need tutorials, advice, pointers, and resources. I need to know not only how to make a follower, but make that follower do what I want.

I've already looked up some things, and I know the basics. But sadly, there are no tutorials on how to make a follower as complex as this (not that I've found, at least). So whatever help the community can give me, I'm all ears. Please, ALL, you're my only hope.

the concept is a good one, and has not been done fully the way you are talking about.  

suggestion would be to do this in stages. (this way you can learn as you go and at least be making progress)

stage 1 - make a basic follower and get him (or her) in game.  test to make sure he works as a normal follower to start.

stage 2 - give the follower advanced features (a basic questline), and start adding the features to make him a dominant follower.

at this point some mods that could be helpful to look at would be Mia's Lair {Sexlab Sex Slaves} - dominant Andrew, Cursed Loot - Leon, Leah,

Sasha (Dominant path), SD+, Submissive Lola, and Devious Followers Beta could also be helpful to see how they work (for ideas at a minimum).

stage 3 - make him fully dominant (if not already done), and increase his questline to be an advanced quest.  also at this point have him now do the talking

to NPCs, etc.

you could look at Sexlab Hormones to learn how to better restrict PC's ability to talk to other npcs

stage 4 - increase his questline to very advanced (so that his story is basically completed or very close to it).  include multiple endings at this point

(if you so choose).

stage 5 - figure out how to have him choose which quests he will do (with your help) and figure out how to give him a "life".  this is the hardest part...giving

him a life that is not a set routine and having him pick the quests you are helping him do.  my suggestion would be for him to stay in a hold for a

certain amount of time doing radiant quests, then move to a new hold (route or random) and repeat in the new hold.  not sure how to do this.

different mods have already done stages 1-4, but stage 5 would be the hardest to do without it being a one and done type mod.

hope this is helpful

iI have some suggestion about  your  plan.

In the quest, player should have multiple choices, and the selection will affect questline and scenarios. The choice of player affects both her own state, such as depravity and the relationship with her follower. After the mainquest, based on the relationship  and the  state ,it  should have multiple endings, such as the lowly slave, the pet of the master, the unequal husband and wife, etc.

That's definitely the plan. Everything from how much help you are in battle to how obedient you are when he gives you orders will add or take away from your relationship. If you're completely defiant, by the end of the quest line you'd be constantly restricted, perhaps with Devious Devices, and lead around on a leash. Perhaps he'd lock you in a cage whenever you go home, or lock you in a cell. This would work a lot like prison, where you have the option to try to escape via lockpicking or something. There's other ways he could be cruel to a disobedient slave, like tossing you in a cage with a dog that rapes you, or locking you in a pillory outside a town and letting strangers fuck you for free.

If you're obedient and helpful, the relationship meter goes up and you have more freedom. Perhaps he allows you some free time in town, and at the highest levels actually lets you go out on your own, but with a curfew. If you don't obey that curfew, you're back down to constant supervision. Be good, and he might reward you with things like clothes, weapons, armor, even potions or alchemy ingredients (at lower levels, you'd be forbidden from even picking these up yourself unless ordered, and even then they'd all belong to him).

I like the idea of having choices in dialog and action that affect everything as well. He could ask you things about your preferences, and this would help set up the resulting relationship. You could tell him you like being flogged, and he would remember that. I'm thinking of having two separate sections, rewards and punishments. If you tell him you like being flogged, or tied up, or raped by strangers, or whatever, those things would be moved from the punishment section to the rewards section. If you beg him not to do something, then it's put in the punishment section. You could, in theory, tell him you like everything, but don't worry. There's permanent punishments that even the most masochistic slave won't enjoy, like being given boring tasks they have to complete before a certain time. I can speak from experience, masochists hate boredom.

There would also be pivotal dialog choices that permanently affect the flow of the quest line, though at the moment I don't know what those would be. Perhaps there are moments when you have the clear option of escaping or saving his life. Escaping could actually cause him to die, and that would end the quest line and you'd be free. For the player who wants a master, this might not be a hard choice, so maybe I'll find some other moral dilemma to give them. Maybe he has another slave who wants to be free, and you have the option to either release her or keep her locked up. If you release her you'll be severely punished, but she'll probably reward you later in some way. If you keep her locked up, he rewards you and your relationship with him goes up, but she then plots against you, which may cause problems down the line. There's other scenarios, and I'll figure it out as I go.

I'm still vague on the overall quest line, though. I mentioned in the original post that maybe the master is seeking revenge on a person or a group, but that's a tad cliche. Maybe he's looking for someone he lost, like a lover or a wife. Maybe they were kidnapped and sold into slavery, and he wants to free her. I'm really not sure, and I'd appreciate some ideas.

I want the master to be someone people want to belong to. He won't be an asshole, but he's definitely got a cruel streak. He enjoys punishing slaves that disobey, but he'd never do it arbitrarily. He's got a sense of honor and justice, but a warped one that doesn't see the problem with enslaving pretty women. He'd be confident and strong, both physically and mentally. He'd have a certain charisma that shows up in dialog with you and other NPCs, calm and under control but with an intimidating presence. He's not just capable, he's dangerous, and people know it.

I am, of course, open to any and all suggestions. I haven't started work on this yet, this is all still just pre-planning. I want to fully formulate the idea before I try my hand at creating this mod. And once I get to that point, I'm going to need a lot of help. Any assistance people can give would be greatly appreciated.

background

Most of the dragons were killed after the dragons' rule was overturned.Some dragons left the continent, and some  dragons hid themselve. These ancient dragons have great power and profound knowledge. After auduin's return, the ancient dragons gathered under his wing, hoping to rebuild the glory of the dragon. Because of character's action, auduin failed. The ancient dragons believed that the dragonborn was their nemesis, and it was impossible to revive the dragons without beating you completely. But killing the dragonborn directly would lead to divine wrath and interference. So they made a plan b, which would enslave the dragonborn, so that the character would not be able to fight the dragons.

quest

The candidates for the enslavement of the dragonborn should have enough motivation to enslave the character, for example, to save someone, to accomplish a certain wish, etc. The candidate should hated the dragon, or had a continuing interest in the enslavement, so that when the mission ended, the character would continue to be enslaved. In the questline, the candidate steps toward the target step by step, and the dragon is corrupted step by step. The dragons  will provide guidance and help to candidates during the quest, such as  how to destroy the spirit of the dragonborn. Depending on the player's choice, the candidate may find the dragon's plot - which will affect the final outcome. The final outcome depends on whether the candidate knows the truth, the degree of corruption of the dragon, the interaction of the candidate with the dragon and so on.

An interesting idea, though that does put a lot of focus on the PC. What I want is a follower that takes the lead, and the story is about him. You (the player) factor into his story, and your actions or lack thereof decide where the story goes, but you're not the main character of this quest.

I've already run myself through the usual cliches: He's out for revenge, he's searching for his missing family/lover/slave/whatever, he's seeking power, he's seeking treasure. I don't want him to be quite so common. I want the story to be unique enough to present the PC slave with enough choices and interaction so that you're not just a passive observer. I also want him to stand out as a character without being some superpowered Mary Sue. Perhaps he's cursed? Perhaps he's being hunted by a person or group, and he has to do something to stop it? I suppose he could be a wanted man, and why he's wanted and how he deals with it is part of the deeper plot.

Huh. Now that I think about it, I kind of like that idea. It certainly puts him in the attractive rogue category, which is often appealing to players who like this sort of thing. It could be something where you're never quite sure if he's innocent or not until towards the end of the quest line, and your actions decide whether or not he pays for his 'crime', whatever that is. Maybe people claim he killed someone, perhaps his own family. It could be like The Fugitive, and he's seeking to clear his name. You could do things like find evidence that supports either side and give it to your master or sneakily slip it to those hunting him. Maybe if he gets caught he has to stand trial, and you act as either a 'witness' on his behalf or testify against him.

On top of this would be the relationship meter that determines how much freedom you have, and that would affect how much you're able to do to sway the story one way or the other. That would get...really complicated.

The more I think about this mod, the more I want it, and the more intimidated I am about the amount of work it would take to make it happen.

• 4 months later...

Archived