Creature framework doesn't show up in MCM

Seraph7289

Title say sit all, it doesn't show up in MCM at all, never registers. I'm not sure if it's because i only have a couple mods installed for it. (Sexlab Werewolves and HDT Werewolves) or if there's something else, tried reinstalling it, and disabling and enabling it, nothing seems to work.

Jaxonz MCM Kicker

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57795/

Or open consol

This can often be resolved by opening the command console and typing:
setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1

This can happen for a few reasons,

1) You have too many scripted mods that need real time to actually function at all.

This is when you will have to wait as often as 5 minutes if its even going to happen due to having too much stuff cluttering up the papyrus script system, more often than not this is the real issue.  Doesn't mean you have an issue or will have an issue but be wary cause you may experience performance issues that can lead to real issues like stack dumps.

Try to make sure you have optimal FPS at around 50 to 60 to as the script system is actually tied to your frame rate so making optimal FPS means less problems.  Yes I have just implied that graphics overhauls can stress out papyrus as well, since its all tied together.

2) It could be that save is already trashed and all saves stemming from it are fubar anyway, overmodded game with a lot of script heavy mods even if well made can lead to stack dumps, heck without the 4GB patch activated from SKSE or SMSE, or ENB Boost, or Crash Fixes files well that's easy to actually accomplish in the vanilla game without mods.  You can trash a game with light amount of script mods from having too low FPS due to graphics overhaul mods.

3) Sometimes the author just forgot to script a proper fire up sequence for the MCM.

17 minutes ago, Gameplayer said:

This is when you will have to wait as often as 5 minutes if its even going to happen due to having too much stuff cluttering up the papyrus script system, more often than not this is the real issue.  Doesn't mean you have an issue or will have an issue but be wary cause you may experience performance issues that can lead to real issues like stack dumps.

Try to make sure you have optimal FPS at around 50 to 60 to as the script system is actually tied to your frame rate so making optimal FPS means less problems.  Yes I have just implied that graphics overhauls can stress out papyrus as well, since its all tied together.

2) It could be that save is already trashed and all saves stemming from it are fubar anyway, overmodded game with a lot of script heavy mods even if well made can lead to stack dumps, heck without the 4GB patch activated from SKSE or SMSE, or ENB Boost, or Crash Fixes files well that's easy to actually accomplish in the vanilla game without mods.  You can trash a game with light amount of script mods from having too low FPS due to graphics overhaul mods.

3) Sometimes the author just forgot to script a proper fire up sequence for the MCM.

Neither of those worked, all mod menus were re-registered but creature framework still doesn't show up.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3524-sexlab-more-nasty-critters-install-guide/

Creature Framework Troubleshooting:

"Creature Framework API reference not found" error and/or the MCM for Creature Framework is missing:
you need to install the .bsa file from Sexlab Aroused to fix this problem.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1421-sexlab-aroused-redux-december-05-2016/

2 hours ago, Gameplayer said:

Out of date is not the same as non-functional.

in this case it can be:

Creature Features assets are already in SexLab Nude Creatures, and SexLab Nude Creatures assets are already in MNC, so adding it will cause more problems, it wont fix anything.

Creature Framework & JContainers was removed in MNCv10 because the versions that are included with MNCv9 are badly outdated, whenever someone installs MNCv9 it causes a accidental downgrade that can mess up everything (Eg: no MCM menu).

but for all i know this could just be a mod manager or user install error.

11 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

in this case it can be:

Creature Features assets are already in SexLab Nude Creatures, and SexLab Nude Creatures assets are already in MNC, so adding it will cause more problems, it wont fix anything.

Creature Framework & JContainers was removed in MNCv10 because the versions that are included with MNCv9 are badly outdated, whenever someone installs MNCv9 it causes a accidental downgrade that can mess up everything (Eg: no MCM menu).

but for all i know this could just be a mod manager or user install error.

I think you misunderstand, I didn't open this tech support thread.  Im not the one with the problem, I could fire up Skyrim and play today without an issue if I wanted to.

My present installation of Skyrim has gone through two successful start to high level playthroughs so I have reason to be confident about whats installed on my end.

As far as the OP is concerned, Im not a mind reader, without a complete load order there was no way for me to know that he did not install a critical mod to make his installation run properly.  He asked a question pertaining to why is an MCM not firing up and I gave common reasonable answers, that's the most anyone can ask for given the presented question.

Sorry if you feel badly that Im not using your mod, but I have other things I do besides keep up to date with Skyrim mods...

These mods that I make don't make themselves and every now and then I like to play other games and go to work, so that doesn't leave a lot of time for trying out other stuff.

Im done with this thread, his issue is in your hands now.

Good Day.

• 1 month later...

Archived