Mod Idea: NCR Expanded

ElvenScoundrel

I've been thinking on this idea for a while now. Thing is, Legion seem more fleshed out equipment-wise than the NCR. What I mean by this is that they got more armors that identify them and their roles. The NCR, however, all they have are 4 variations of the same armor, and that's it. So, what I wanted to do was add 2 more armorsets to their repertoire, each denoting a combat role:

Light armor: NCR Scout/Sniper. It will probably consist of the Merc Grunt outfit with a few modifications to it. I'm still working on the idea on this.

Heavy Armor: NCR Heavy Infantry Armor. This will be a variation of the NCR Trooper Armor with armor on the shins, thighs and arms, as well as neck protection, and possibly a backpack.

The other thing I wanted to do is add NCR soldiers with these armors and their appropiate weapons to the Mojave. Heavy Troopers would be pretty rare, and I'd put them mostly in checkpoints and choke points, where they'd keep the enemy in line with their Light Machineguns. Scouts I was thinking they'd move in pairs, a spotter and a shooter, highly agile and keeping tabs on the Legion.

This is an idea I had to kill time and fiddle with Bender and get myself re-familiarized with it. What think you?

• 2 weeks later...

There's an NCR Reamrmed (Or something like that) on the Nexus' date=' that might save you the trouble of a new mod

[/quote']

I know of it, but all it does is change the appearance of NCR troopers. I'm not really changing their looks, but expanding upon them, make their structure a bit similar to the CL, where you got Frumentarii, Recruits, etc., as in they have different classes and they're outfitted in a way that reflects their rank.

What I'm planning to do with the NCR is give it more roles, which you'll see in the Mojave.

This mesh I'm working on will be of the NCR Heavy Trooper, a heavily-armored soldier who wields a Light Machine Gun, and is usually deployed to choke points and to better defend places lightly protected. I'm slowly working on this, since I'm playing Oblivion quite a bit lately.

I'd like to see this implemented, but, many of hte NPCs ingame do explain that NCR troops are pretty much all recruits and there are a few Rangers, a (Hopefully) simpler solution would be to change their levelled lists to spawn a ranger sargeant in each patrol, or a slightly stronger set of NPCs with assault carbines.

And don't forget that are already a couple of power armour troops with LMGs that are hardly anywhere ingame

Yes, which is why I'll be using them very sporadically. It won't be like the PA NCR Troops in the Hoover Dam, where they're using very rare power armor and because of their advantage they're only deployed to the most valuable landmark.

The NCR Heavy, like I said, will be very sporadically used throughout the Mojave, like chokepoints and certain roadblocks. Like, I'll probably add 1 to HELIOS-ONE, for example, right outside the main entrance, behind those sandbags.

The Scout is just a custom armor for 1st Recon I want to do, that makes 'em look more like a Recon unit than Generic NCR Trooper with red beret.

Don't forget to make skimpy/bouncy versions for the females :D.

Just kidding. I love this idea. It's like Bethesda/Obsidian spent years on CL, then looked up and realized they had 2 weeks left for release, and thought "Who cares about the NCR, just give all the same armor with some slight variations. Nobody will notice..." Hope to see this come to fruition...

That's PRECISELY why I'm doing this. They're pretty boring, the NCR. They all look the same, which is logical, given that they're uniformed, armed forces, but there's no variation in loadouts or anything.

I know nothing of making meshes bounce, but when I'm finished with this, anyone's free to work on that! Though, since I'm giving the NCR Heavy armor a metal chestplate instead of the typical leather one, I'm not sure how it'll bounce!

The NCR Recon armor WILL be light enough that bouncing will look good on it, since I plan on modifying the Merc Grunt armor for that, with a mix of the NCR armor's fatigue.

Archived