Exploding in a cloud of bats?

raptor4d4

Not sure if this fits here or wherever but I've got something weird going on with my game.  Periodically when I strike an enemy there's an exploding sound accompanied by my enemy turning red/black for a moment and a cloud of what appears to be bats exploding from their bodies.

I have absolutely no idea what's causing this.  My character isn't a vampire and I think the only vampire mod I have installed right now is Better Vampires.

Does this glitch sound familiar to anyone?  Anyone know what mod or whatever is causing it?  It's a bit annoying, especially when I'm trying to take combat screenshots. 

This sounds like the night cloak ability from better vampires. It is given to npc vampires as an ability as well.

they will use it if anobody gets into melee range,  It's not necessarily from your weapon... it is them using the ability because you have closed in to range.

1 hour ago, myuhinny said:

Are you using a specific weapon from a mod or is it just a in game weapon. Have you tried other weapons to see if it's just a certain weapon that is doing it? Load order might also be helpful for people to see what you have installed.

I'm just using vanilla weapons.  In fact, the last few times it happened I was using Bound Weapons. 

1 hour ago, flutie said:

I actually do have that second mod installed, Daedric Chainmail.  But I don't have it equipped right now.  I don't even have it on me. 

Archived