[Starbound] Modding Guide: Add Support to Sexbound API for Custom Species.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I've been trying to add support for a custom race, however despite changing all the sprites, the character keeps using human expressions during the animations, causing brown eyebrows to appear instead of the matching color.
I've tried looking around, but I can't seem to find what's causing this, normal emotes work fine, but the ones triggered during sex animations seem to just use default human ones.

Does anyone know how I could fix this?

• 1 month later...

I have a quick question, i did the steps up to the NPC type patch for the bunera race but i kept getting this error when i went to startup starbound & play as my bunera OC.

screenshot.68.jpg

Anyone know what's going on?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there! Do you have of you have any advice on how to seek permission from Steam Workshop's mod authors when it comes to patching their modded races into SxB? 

I'm currently working on a patch for the Kyterrans, which fall under the guidelines of this mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1103027918

The dev gives me free range to alter assets, and upload addons without consulting them, so I'm good to go for this one.

But for future reference this is something I've actually been curious about. Is there any good way to go about doing it? Because you can't exactly just message someone on the workshop just like that. And approaching a dev in their mod's comment section isn't really an option when your project is 18+ xD

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2020 at 1:37 AM, xXRuthless_VoidXx said:

I have a quick question, i did the steps up to the NPC type patch for the bunera race but i kept getting this error when i went to startup starbound & play as my bunera OC. Anyone know what's going on?

Open .../Starbound/storage/starbound.log and search [Error]. If you tell me the last line that is returned from this search, I may be able to help you.

In the race patch I'm making, for some reason the sex emotes do not read the body color correctly even though the colors change just fine when using emotes normally. Any ideas what is causing this?

For extra clarification, the colors used in emote are white and blue. If I make a character that is black and red, the emotes show up as white and red during sex, but black and red outside of sex.

Update: It only happens for the player. NPCs show the correct color.

On 1/22/2021 at 11:29 AM, SkrubzAfterDark said:

Hey, new modder here, just wanting to ask. Is there a way to give your species custom sounds? Like, I'm making my own species to submit to the workshop, but I'm also making a support mod for here as well, and I want to add my own sounds for the support.

@SkrubzAfterDark   First off, you are gonna want to go into your species file and find the line "ouchNoises". This array should contain two items that are both file paths starting in the root folder (in this case, the folder with your metadata file) and leading to your .ogg's you use for custom sounds. The first item is the hurt sound used for males, the second is for females.

Next, you want to go to ./npc/base.npctype.patch (make it if you don't already have it) and add to that file:
{ "op" : "add", "path" : "/scriptConfig/chatSounds/<race id>", "value" : "male" : [<any number of .ogg paths>], "female": [<any number of .ogg paths>] }
That will give your race custom sounds when you talk to npcs of your race.

For sexbound, you want to make in your root folder a file named sxb_plugin.moan.config.patch and write in it:
[ { "op" : "add", "path" : "/moan/soundConfig/<race id>", "value" :
"male" : {
   "interval" : [2.0,4.0],
   "pitch" : [1.0,1.0]

"soundEffects": [<any number of .ogg paths>] },

"female" : {
   "interval" : [2.0,3.0],

"soundEffects": [<any number of .ogg paths>] } } ]
This will give you custom sound effects during sex.

• 1 month later...

Извините, я наверное тупой, но не понимаю, что делать с этими тремя архивами и куда их закидывать .. нужно создавать для них отдельные папки или закидывать все в сам мод sexbound? First time playing starbound

Edited by kanekiogava10
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm working on the sylveonoid and I'm running into a weird issue. I have completed most of the sprites but whenever entering a sex node, the colors of the character get messed up. Sexbound is changing the color of the sprites, and I have ensured that the exact same colors are being used from the base mod as in my sprites, yet the colors go wrong.

It seems it is trying to replicate the hair color palette. The sylveonoid species has a bodyColor section and a hairColor section, and it seems that sexbound is pulling from the hairColor section for any character color changes.

Is there a way for me to fix this within the mod, rather than needing to patch the original species mod?

On 4/30/2020 at 8:52 PM, Toruuk said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1600522737

Would someone be willing to make a compatibility mod for the Taurikin race? I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with any kind of code, and work too much to figure it out. Here is a resprite for the Taurikin mod. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1678944265

Much appreciated! Also;

3.png

PSD_sfw_alyx_solo.png

I have been waiting and waiting for the Taurikin race too!!! I have tried figuring out how to patch it myself... but that is like looking at an alien language!!!

On 12/30/2022 at 11:34 PM, Madsimmer666 said:

I have been waiting and waiting for the Taurikin race too!!! I have tried figuring out how to patch it myself... but that is like looking at an alien language!!!

Taurikin race is like the arachne race, can't be patched without big changes to sexbound bc head positions are hardcoded so races with wider sprites can't be patched.

On 1/3/2023 at 6:50 AM, VampireOfMarkarth said:

Taurikin race is like the arachne race, can't be patched without big changes to sexbound bc head positions are hardcoded so races with wider sprites can't be patched.

That's so sad! There are a lot of races that haven't got patched. I wish I could understand all of it so I could patch them. I am a stay at home mom, so I got nothing better to do lol. But I don't understand how to patch at all.

• 10 months later...
On 1/23/2021 at 11:27 PM, Ant Cant said:

@SkrubzAfterDark   First off, you are gonna want to go into your species file and find the line "ouchNoises". This array should contain two items that are both file paths starting in the root folder (in this case, the folder with your metadata file) and leading to your .ogg's you use for custom sounds. The first item is the hurt sound used for males, the second is for females.

Next, you want to go to ./npc/base.npctype.patch (make it if you don't already have it) and add to that file:
{ "op" : "add", "path" : "/scriptConfig/chatSounds/<race id>", "value" : "male" : [<any number of .ogg paths>], "female": [<any number of .ogg paths>] }
That will give your race custom sounds when you talk to npcs of your race.

For sexbound, you want to make in your root folder a file named sxb_plugin.moan.config.patch and write in it:
[ { "op" : "add", "path" : "/moan/soundConfig/<race id>", "value" :
"male" : {
   "interval" : [2.0,4.0],

"soundEffects": [<any number of .ogg paths>] },

"female" : {
   "interval" : [2.0,3.0],

"soundEffects": [<any number of .ogg paths>] } } ]
This will give you custom sound effects during sex.

hey im really trying to do this but it keeps bugging on me can you help me with a more concrete example?