[request] Invisible "Naked" Armour/Clothes

I am big fan of Devious Devices, but you know what I am not a fan of? Clothes clipping through those devices, or devices removes certain armour pieces because of sharing the same body slot. So being bound used to mean "being completely naked and vulnerable to death."  So I would like a set of "armour/clothes" that would allow the devices be unhindered, but the armour still offers it's practical uses for protecting the user (as well as enchantable).

Now I know about the Naked Mage mod, but while it seems to allow what I am looking for somewhat, those items come pre-enchanted and you wear it by "drinking" it. Which is fine for the people that like the mod, but I don't. I would like something along the lines of "Emperor's New Clothes." In which it's actual clothing, but transparent. Something I can enchant freely, and not be limited to what amounts to invisible versions of mage robes that you'd get from Court Wizards. 

Thanks in advance.

I am big fan of Devious Devices, but you know what I am not a fan of? Clothes clipping through those devices, or devices removes certain armour pieces because of sharing the same body slot. So being bound used to mean "being completely naked and vulnerable to death."  So I would like a set of "armour/clothes" that would allow the devices be unhindered, but the armour still offers it's practical uses for protecting the user (as well as enchantable).

Now I know about the Naked Mage mod, but while it seems to allow what I am looking for somewhat, those items come pre-enchanted and you wear it by "drinking" it. Which is fine for the people that like the mod, but I don't. I would like something along the lines of "Emperor's New Clothes." In which it's actual clothing, but transparent. Something I can enchant freely, and not be limited to what amounts to invisible versions of mage robes that you'd get from Court Wizards. 

Thanks in advance.

You can open the mod in the CK, copy one of the bodies and remove the enchant so you can add your own. Technically you can do something similar in any mod so you save an esp slot - just make a new item and don't add any art files to it. You'll need to add keywords so you can enchant it but nothing stops you from putting on ArmorCuirass and ArmorBoots. Toss on ArmorHelm and Armorgloves if you want it to qualify for the light armor 100 point perk to reduce damage.

Well, that was actually pretty easy to do. Easier than I thought it was going to be. Usually, I am kind of scared using the Creation Kit, mainly because the only thing I am ever able to do is make simple mods like Craftable Soul Gems, or Craftable Lockpicks, or turning Grelod the Kind in to a Vampire (to give Lawful Good characters a better justification to kill her on their way to destroy the Dark Brotherhood). 

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Glad I could help. I've done a lot of keyword changing on mods, adding races or other things on items, or changing slots (how I got picked as the maintainer by Kendo for one of his other mods).

One of the things you can do is make a copy of the Esp before you change it, since I don't think anything else is touched when you're just edited the info. Get into dialog (SEQ files) and NPC facial / hair changes (exporting nifs or get a grey face) and you have other issues, but just changing armor isn't hard.  Only thing you gotta watch is whether the ArmorAddon needs to be changed as well, and hit Cancel when you look at meshes and textures unless you changed what you wanted to change.

Archived