"What mod is this?" Thread

hello :rolleyes:

Would like to know more about this body mod and clothes' date=' and where i get! or have someone a link please!

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3069047&page=1&extra

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-3148410-1-1.html

[/quote']

oh no, not again, i almost forgot about this mod....

It was brought up some weeks ago in this very thread' date=' starting with this post here.

Since the author doesn't seem to be willing to share the mod, it won't probably ever be available to the public :(.

I was working on something like that a little while back, didn't figure anyone was interested so I didn't really pursue it too far... [video=youtube]

Would like to know more about this body mod and clothes' date=' and where i get! or have someone a link please!

[/quote']

It was brought up some weeks ago in this very thread' date=' starting with this post here.

Since the author doesn't seem to be willing to share the mod, it won't probably ever be available to the public :(.

I was working on something like that a little while back, didn't figure anyone as interested so I didn't really pursue it too far... [video=youtube]

thank you for show this video! i would be interest on this race! looks really nice!!:)

Another question about the SKS Ren Hair:

How to get smooth edges? I heard something about soft alpha channel? Am i supposed to 'blur' the n.dds in photoshop? Thanks to Psol the texture are great but i still can't create the smooth edges, like all the SKS hair pictures.

15yd5ix.jpg

Another question about the SKS Ren Hair:

How to get smooth edges? I heard something about soft alpha channel? Am i supposed to 'blur' the n.dds in photoshop? Thanks to Psol the texture are great but i still can't create the smooth edges' date=' like all the SKS hair pictures.

I will try again at this question.

if you mean smooth edges in the whole pic then it is the antialias that smooth out the edges in game.

If you mean only the hair then you can color select and refine the edges in the RGB channel.

btw I have converted all SKS hair styles to be less shiny.

Just forgot to upload them though.

[/quote']

I was working on something like that a little while back, didn't figure anyone as interested so I didn't really pursue it too far... [video=youtube]

thank you for show this video! i would be interest on this race! looks really nice!!:)

yang yang convertion to DM is too large for my liking. But.. i suppose that's what kim hyung tae's 'marvel comic' body is all about?

Kim was pretty much inspired by Jim Lee. So all his figures are American body built on Korean beauty.

Well, making the edges of the SKS Ren Hair smooth/soft is really hard. I edited all the dds files by making the edges little blurry but i still do not have a ponitail like the spoiler underneath, if anyone know wich mods are needed for smooth SKS Ren hair edges.. please share!

15yd5ix.jpg

Good news is the normal hair textures are really realistic because Ploms did a less glossy thing.

Well' date=' making the edges of the SKS Ren Hair smooth/soft is really hard. I edited all the dds files by making the edges little blurry but i still do not have a ponitail like the spoiler underneath, if anyone know wich mods are needed for smooth SKS Ren hair edges.. please share!

Good news is the normal hair textures are really realistic because Ploms did a less glossy thing.

you need to set the NiAlphaProperty in nifscope and adjust the settings, there are a few more things that need to be done as well. i think it was tesadventurers forums that had a few good tutorials on hair, my advice is to look for those

Well' date=' making the edges of the SKS Ren Hair smooth/soft is really hard. I edited all the dds files by making the edges little blurry but i still do not have a ponitail like the spoiler underneath, if anyone know wich mods are needed for smooth SKS Ren hair edges.. please share!

you need to set the NiAlphaProperty in nifscope and adjust the settings, there are a few more things that need to be done as well. i think it was tesadventurers forums that had a few good tutorials on hair, my advice is to look for those

Haven't found them yet, and what do you mean 'adjust the settings?'

I'm new to Nifskope.

Update: I guess the problem lies in-game. The Nifskope vieuw is like it has to be and the textures are good. My computer is a little low end (i can run oblivion on high but i don't have alias) anyone else willing to make a screenshot of his or him SKS hair?

NVM' date=' can anyone combine these mesh and texture so it can be used in custom race ear slot?[/quote']

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?97stwhwkcj114a3

Notice the folder structure is like this: Data/Meshes/Characters/Custom Race and Data/Textures/Characters/Custom Race, anybody who wants to put it anywhere else will have to rename the last folder of the file path. I found having a separate folder with race resources rather useful, so I kept the path originally found in the Nif.

There were some unnecessary elements in the archive. I got rid of the 'effect' block which just adds a strange additional layer like a black aura. The Nif now consists of only two blocks and uses two textures. Please try it out and see if it's to your liking!

NVM' date=' can anyone combine these mesh and texture so it can be used in custom race ear slot?[/quote']

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?97stwhwkcj114a3

Notice the folder structure is like this: Data/Meshes/Characters/Custom Race and Data/Textures/Characters/Custom Race, anybody who wants to put it anywhere else will have to rename the last folder of the file path. I found having a separate folder with race resources rather useful, so I kept the path originally found in the Nif.

There were some unnecessary elements in the archive. I got rid of the 'effect' block which just adds a strange additional layer like a black aura. The Nif now consists of only two blocks and uses two textures. Please try it out and see if it's to your liking!

appreciate your effort but it's not good enough. with 2 textures it still can't be used for race's ear slot. it'll crash in change race menu. you just deleted a fur effect block.

i'm looking for a way to merge those mesh blocks and textures into one. apparently it'll need some advance 3d remodel skills that out of my league so i'm looking for help here

Aww, sorry about that! I really hoped it would work. It's probably because of a missing egm file, I had this problem before with a custom race.

As an equippable amulet or tail slot item the ears will work though, I suppose (they worked in the original mod at least).

Anyone here speak Russian? I need the answer to this Riddle,

Мы день не спим, Мы ночь не спим, И день и ночь Стучим, стучим?

preferably in Russain so that I can pass a bot check.

I tried using google translate but that seems to make a mess of it

Anyone here speak Russian? I need the answer to this Riddle' date='

Мы день не спим, Мы ночь не спим, И день и ночь Стучим, стучим?

preferably in Russain so that I can pass a bot check.

I tried using google translate but that seems to make a mess of it

[/quote']

Yup, the answer is "Часы" (Clock) :)

Юморяне по клавиатуре' date=' if i am not mistaken. Another answer is Часы (clock). still uncertain since it's a riddle.

[/quote']

it's certainly "часы" - it's a child's riddle

lol GSBmodders, where did you get that XD

Юморяне по клавиатуре' date=' if i am not mistaken. Another answer is Часы (clock). still uncertain since it's a riddle.

[/quote']

from a russain forums on 3d modeling and rendering, they have a tutorial there on blender 2.63 that has helped me out but I have questions that the tut cannot answer. Mostly on clarifying words that google is turning into garbage.

Now of course I am about to face plant my head into the desk because the damn security question has changed

[/quote']

from a russain forums on 3d modeling and rendering, they have a tutorial there on blender 2.63 that has helped me out but I have questions that the tut cannot answer. Mostly on clarifying words that google is turning into garbage.

Now of course I am about to face plant my head into the desk because the damn security question has changed

just post it here or PM me :)