Periods, Am I Right, Ladies?

21 hours ago, Dinosaurus said:

~~

Towards the main topic. i am hoping there will be a toggle to turn off menstrual cycle tracking and the debuffs that come along with it in Wicked Whims. But having it still possible for sims to get pregnant. Turbodriver's comments/responses here seem to suggest periods are going to be made 100% negative/bad experience for female sims, and only a hassle (a constant struggle with the debuffs). That sounds awful and not fun at all. i would hate to have to give up on using Wicked Whims if "menstrual cycle" wasn't an optional toggle.

My periods are NOT a 100% negative experience. There are times (as other women, and men here have noted in this topic) that i feel a deliciously wonderful arousal during my period and orgasms feel extra amazing. That is even with me NOT having a bloody-fetish. i tend to be squeamish about having sex with someone during my period (i personally think it's yucky - but again to each their own!), but i will privately masturbate sometimes during them because sometimes the horny feeling is *that* strong that it surpasses my "grossed out" feeling of the blood... and i swear i feel like orgasms then are extra strong then.

Further, as someone mentioned, sometimes you can feel absolutely *fantastic* during a period. The first day of my period is a "light" day and i tend to feel GREAT. This is because for about 2 days *before* bleeding starts i feel absolutely miserable. In fact, 2 days before my period i tend to feel moodier and more grouchy than on ANY of the *bleeding* days. So typically when the first day of bleeding happens i'm like "YAY!!! Phew! All those grouchy emotions are flooding away, i feel so relieved!" ...

And of course once my period is over i am also happy since i know it won't be for another month-ish before i have to deal with pads and tampons and squicky (to me) blood again.

BUT! Anyways, sorry my post is so long (and i know i'm kinda late to respond). But i'm hoping, maybe - just maybe - at the end of a period a female sim gets a "positive buff". i dunno. Something. i guess it is a bit disappointing to me that it will be 100% a negative time for female sims (which again, for me, doesn't super-sound fun).

i think early on in the thread ebonyx totally nailed how the buffs/debuffs should be. Short of mentioning a possible "horny" buff.

~~

Lastly i love Wicked Whims and hope my post isn't taken as some big criticism. i am not meaning it to be that way. i think this mod is great and i really appreciate all the work Turbodriver and all the animators put into things to make this mod come alive! And i also appreciate Turbodriver starting this thread to even ask about menstrual stuff.

Wow, this is some big criticism!

But I get what you're saying, you want more variety in periods.

Depression mood, migraines, craving meat, sweets and chips. Increased horniness because sex and exercise help with cramps. However the person the sim is with might be horrified with seeing blood while having sex. However you might have some Sims who might be turned on like any Vampire Sim. Have friendship loss unless its a female friend. Depending on the level of cramping she might not be able to get out of bed or out of her coffin on her own because it's too painful to move. I love the idea. Also "period pants" because of a leaky tampon or pad. That will cause embarrassment. She can also talk to other females about her period and ask questions like do I have period pants. Which as a female I feel comfortable asking any of my close female friends but I would never ask a guy that question. I would think for a Vampire they would need more plasma to drink and be in their Dark Form during that time Higher chance of attacking non vampires to satisfy The Thirst which is harder to quench.  You might have a non vampire sim craving plasma like a Vampire normally does. When a female sim is on her period she might be only able to initiate rough sex interactions but be able to accept any sex interactions because it relieves cramping. 

Sooo I'm a transguy and about the T thing... from my experience I didn't have any periods past my first shot, but this is probably because I started very, very young. Like at age 15. I'm 19 now for reference.

Most transguys have periods for awhile and can still get pregnant after T, as some transguys have become pregnant several years on T. Though I think it's most likely due to missing doses long enough for the hormonal cycle to restart.

I'm thinking perhaps all sims with the ability to get pregnant will have periods. Makes it easier to implement. 

Besides, with regards to the whole gender thing (and my male pregnancy fetish XD), I suppose male sims will be referred to he and female sims, she.

Btw, for the short time I had my period (RIP my period: You will never be missed) I would be hit with such horrific cramps that I had to be hospitalized. Would be good if the intensity of period cramps varied depending on the sim in question. 

Up to the days to my period, I would be extremely upset. Like, burned your hotdogs? Cry uncontrollably. Friend snubbing you? I want to have a mental breakdown. Cat hates you? Curl up in fetal position on the floor.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2018 at 2:48 AM, TomgirlBabydoll said:

If it's not too much to ask, could we have the option to toggle periods on/off? Nothing wrong with it, but I really don't like my sims being uncomfortable all the time. Nope, don't need that stress. Besides, I think you know what most of us downloaded the mod for... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just change the Pregnancy Mode from Menstrual Cycle to Simple Pregnancy.

• 2 months later...
On 18.04.2018 at 10:22 AM, ForgottenFairy said:

It would be cool if the female sims can take pills, heating pad or something or at least have someone make a mod for the cramps to lessen it like in real life.

An overhaul of cramps, as well as ways to affect them, will be introduced soon.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...