Certain NPCs will not speak with me.

TheSenator

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

SexLab.esm

RSkyrimChildren.esm

ApachiiHair.esm

BSAssets.esm

BSHeartland.esm

EFFCore.esm

SkyMoMod.esm

Gray Fox Cowl.esm

ZaZAnimationPack.esm

daymoyl.esm

Cutting Room Floor.esp

SkyUI.esp

Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp

FISS.esp

SkyTweak.esp

Grimy Utilities Interface.esp

UIExtensions.esp

Dragon Stalking Fix.esp

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

IcePenguinWorldMap.esp

FNIS.esp

RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp

SexLabDefeat.esp

FireBurns.esp

StrapOnbyaeonv1.1.esp

AMatterOfTime.esp

AddItemMenu2.esp

BSHeartland - Meshes.esp

BSHeartland - Textures.esp

LegacyoftheDragonborn.esp

DBM_UnofficialFix_Patch.esp

3DNPC.esp

Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp

WARZONES - Civil Unrest.esp

Monster Wars.esp

Immersive Jewelry.esp

Rebirth Monster.esp

eqRLE_Core.esp

eqRLE_BrumaCombat.esp

Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim.esp

Mortal Enemies.esp

EFFDialogue.esp

Schlongs of Skyrim - Light.esp

TKDodge.esp

GreatWarSkyrim.esp

Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp

TKcombat.esp

ShenkThieveryOverhaul.esp

Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp

AKSkyrimUnderground.esp

MrissiTailOfTroubles.esp

TheChoiceIsYours.esp

FloraRespawnFix.esp

Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB - Flame Atronach Fix.esp

RSChildren.esp

RSChildren Patch - USLEEP.esp

Rebirth Monster - SIC Patch.esp

HothFollower.esp

EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp

SMIM-Merged-All.esp

GTFO My Room - Normal.esp

More Interesting Loot for Skyrim.esp

DBM_MoreInterestingLoot_Patch.esp

HothFollower UFO Patch.esp

EMViljaInSolstheimAddOn.esp

No More Ugly Effects.esp

DBM_ImmersiveCreatures_Patch.esp

Vigilant.esp

ElysiumEstate.esp

ForgottenCity.esp

mihailfiendishkeepers.esp

Darkend.esp

SL99Exchanger.esp

mihaildraconichydra.esp

daymoyl_DawnguardAddon.esp

DBM_CRF_Patch.esp

Missives.esp

Spellsword.esp

NoBleakFalls.esp

Dead Body Collision.esp

Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp

FNISspells.esp

SpellswordDawnguardDragonborn.esp

DBM_SkyrimUnderground_Patch.esp

dD-No Spinning Death Animation Merged.esp

NARC.esp

Crime Overhaul.esp

CrimeDecay.esp

DBM_RSChildren.esp

UltimateCombat.esp

InigoPerkPointGiver.esp

JZBai_Hidespots.esp

Skyrim Realistic Archery.esp

RideSharing.esp

honedmetal.esp

Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Bruma - Alternate Start.esp

da_alternate_start_extension.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

TGBC.esp

Sneak Tools.esp

Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp

Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp

I'm doing the questline for the m'rissi tails of troubles mod, and along the lines I ran into a problem where m'rissi(the follower) went missing. So I eventually did a placeatme just so I can get her back. I tried to do a prid, but it didn't work, which led me to believe the game pretty much erased her original version. Now, later in her questline, I was unable to talk to a NPC. Basically pressing E on the NPC did absolutely nothing.  I had to go through tes5edit and forces conversations with the say command and move on hoping things will be fine. Next new npc I talk to, the problem persists. I don't want to do this for every single NPC. Normally sneak tools causes this problem, but the issue still persists after uninstalling that+save cleaning. Also, I'm able to talk to other NPCs that are not related to the quest mod just fine. Any ideas?

hate to say it - but it sounds like that save is shot (due to you dropping a clone in to do the quest with).

there is a mod called  "Are you there" that can be a lifesaver in situations where npc goes missing. ( link not working )

it will let you teleport the base id {clone} or the refid (npc that you see in game) to you - without knowing the numbers.

the last time I had a similar problem I had to roll back the game to before I started the quest to save the game (due to all the dialogue and conditions not firing correctly with a clone).

edited to remove non working link'

When i have npc that only do ... when i try to speak to them

I use the Clean up buttons in Defeat mod

It seems to make them work again

Hope it helps :)

I've tried that. Nothing works. I don't even get a "...".

hate to say it - but it sounds like that save is shot (due to you dropping a clone in to do the quest with).

there is a mod called  "Are you there" that can be a lifesaver in situations where npc goes missing. ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76501/ )

it will let you teleport the base id {clone} or the refid (npc that you see in game) to you - without knowing the numbers.

the last time I had a similar problem I had to roll back the game to before I started the quest to save the game (due to all the dialogue and conditions not firing correctly with a clone).

Guess i'm screwed then. Thanks.

before you delete the save ..try the mod linked in previous post to see if you can use it to pull the correct (refid) version of your npc to you.

just make sure to pull the actor (not the base) when you use it and you might be able to get it to work.

if that does not work you will have to roll back to before you did the placeateme command.

there is a mod called "Are you there" that can be a lifesaver in situations where npc goes missing. ( http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/76501/ )

it will let you teleport the base id {clone} or the refid (npc that you see in game) to you - without knowing the numbers.

Umm.... Following that link I just get.

File not found

The file you requested was not found in our database.

for some reason the link will not work (this is the file) ...shrug I do not know why it is not working right.

areyouthere-76051-0-9.7z

there is a mod called "Are you there" that can be a lifesaver in situations where npc goes missing. ( http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/76501/ )

it will let you teleport the base id {clone} or the refid (npc that you see in game) to you - without knowing the numbers.

Umm.... Following that link I just get.

File not found

The file you requested was not found in our database.

for some reason the link will not work (this is the file) ...shrug I do not know why it is not working right.

I just googled the mod... Looks like you have transposed some of the numbers in the link. It should be 76051, not 76501.

before you delete the save ..try the mod linked in previous post to see if you can use it to pull the correct (refid) version of your npc to you.

just make sure to pull the actor (not the base) when you use it and you might be able to get it to work.

if that does not work you will have to roll back to before you did the placeateme command.

Hmm. Apparently, this did the trick. I dismissed the copy then used the mod to summon her. As soon as I summoned her with the mod, the NPC i'm currently stuck on immediately talked to me. Now there's this silly question remaining:

WHERE DID THE COPY GO?!

edit: turns out the copy was at the place i set as its home, so i went there and disabled it

Archived