modding help please!

Hi, im relatively new to the geck and a few things are troubling me now:huh:

ive downloaded and tried sexout and it was far more than what i thought it would be. Simply awesome! Its just that... personally, i thought the dialogue could use some refinement. since having to deal with bethesda game since i was young....er, i thought u would take care of this myself!

Well this did not turn out well as i loaded up the geck and couldnt find an option to 'batch edit' the dialogues. Is there a way to change line for the sexout conversations altogether?? Please at least point me at the right direction!:-/

i thought i would look for some tutorials... But all the ones ive found were either stuff i already knew or irrelevant to this particular... problem of mine.

Well this did not turn out well as i loaded up the geck and couldnt find an option to 'batch edit' the dialogues. Is there a way to change line for the sexout conversations altogether?? Please at least point me at the right direction!:-/

i thought i would look for some tutorials... But all the ones ive found were either stuff i already knew or irrelevant to this particular... problem of mine.

There's no such thing in the GECK AFAIK, and also, sexout itself has no dialog. All the dialog comes from the individual sexout mod, such as sexoutsex, tryous, howabout, etc. Smalltalk and smallertalk (only use one of them!) add their own dialog as well.

There's no such thing in the GECK AFAIK, and also, sexout itself has no dialog. All the dialog comes from the individual sexout mod, such as sexoutsex, tryous, howabout, etc. Smalltalk and smallertalk (only use one of them!) add their own dialog as well.

Oh shoot it seems my seemingly explicit paragraphs were only verbose... Yes, I kinda knew the sexout itself was only the basis for the esp's and I did try loading up the individual esp's.

BTW, not trying to publish any of the things I modify, just making sure the dialogues fit my "taste", if u know what I mean lol

Well, I'd just try and see what happens, and edited some of the esp's, and it seems the changes made on an actor's dialogues apply to all the other actors too, eh? Pretty sweet... Soooo I would presume that if I wanted to have a conversation I could only find on a certain actor, I'd have to make up a whole new set of lines, am I right?

Damn, I feel bad 'cause it seems like I was asking with too little trial-and-error process ahead. Sorry and I guess my only redemption is to become a well contributing modder to the forum rofl

Thank you for your help!

It depends on what dialog you changed. Some NPCs share dialog, often they don't. Dialog topics are shared across all mods and quests, but individual dialog options inside a quest can check conditions such as the identity of the speaking NPC.

If you changed something that affected all of them, it probably was the GREETING or something, and affected every NPC in the game and is unrelated to sexout.

Archived