Game won't load

I suddenly got an error from f4se saying I'm using a newer version of fallout than this version of F4SE supports. If this version just came out, please be patient while we update our code. In the meantime, please check f4se.silverlock.org for updates.Runtime 1.10.20, F4SE 0.4.2. Can anyone tell me what happened? I haven't downloaded anything or change the game. Just woke up and wanted to play the game. Works fine on my laptop where I noticed an addition to the start screen for Creation club. Please help!!

I suddenly got an error from f4se saying I'm using a newer version of fallout than this version of F4SE supports. If this version just came out, please be patient while we update our code. In the meantime, please check f4se.silverlock.org for updates.Runtime 1.10.20, F4SE 0.4.2. Can anyone tell me what happened? I haven't downloaded anything or change the game. Just woke up and wanted to play the game. Works fine on my laptop where I noticed an addition to the start screen for Creation club. Please help!!

New update for Fallout 4 was released this morning, which means it's now version 1.10.2.

The f4se version currently out is only good for the previous version 1.9.4. You just have to wait until the f4se updates to support the current build the game is running on.

I've been the same way, feeling deprived of my wasteland experience... I was forced to actually experience the true horror known as reality....

I was sooo pissed that I failed to notice Steam downloading the update in the background for Fallout 4. I was even more pissed that stupid update for Creation Club broke my F4SE. 

Long story short, here is the new link: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/f4se/comments/6x0txj/fallout_4_194_download_reupload/

GD link from that post doesn't work, too much user traffic.

I tried the old fix with only the 3 files (fallout4+launcher+libscepad) but got a CTD while building stuff in a nearly empty settlement. Which should never ever happen.

I was sooo pissed that I failed to notice Steam downloading the update in the background for Fallout 4. I was even more pissed that stupid update for Creation Club broke my F4SE. 

Long story short, here is the new link: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/f4se/comments/6x0txj/fallout_4_194_download_reupload/

GD link from that post doesn't work, too much user traffic.

I tried the old fix with only the 3 files (fallout4+launcher+libscepad) but got a CTD while building stuff in a nearly empty settlement. Which should never ever happen.

Wait, I'll try and report do I CTD. If it will work, I'll upload it on something and share the link. Stay tuned. 

I checked my INI files & found that the command to allow mods had been DELETED from my INI files.

Isn't that just ducky? My game will no longer load at all. Gonna hafta do a fresh install.

Grrrrrrr........

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Just use this program Fallout 4 Configuration Tool - By Bilago

It will make all the necessary INI tweaks for you, and set the INIs to read-only. Also contains all relevant tweaks and game settings in its menus.

Otherwise you will repeatedly get the problem with mods not working, load order shuffled, custom settings gone etc.

I checked my INI files & found that the command to allow mods had been DELETED from my INI files.

Isn't that just ducky? My game will no longer load at all. Gonna hafta do a fresh install.

Grrrrrrr........

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Just use this program Fallout 4 Configuration Tool - By Bilago

It will make all the necessary INI tweaks for you, and set the INIs to read-only. Also contains all relevant tweaks and game settings in its menus.

Otherwise you will repeatedly get the problem with mods not working, load order shuffled, custom settings gone etc.

I'll give it a try, but I heard it won't run in Windows 10........

:(

I'll give it a try, but I heard it won't run in Windows 10........

:(

Works fine for me.

Note:

- the tool asks you if it should set up the game for modding, and write-protect your INI files (which you should accept), after that the in-game settings menu has no effect same like some permanent console commands. In fact nothing else than than NMM and the FO4 configurator can mess around with the files after that.

So you have to change things like sound volume etc. in the Configurator Tool as well.

- if you run F4SE and want to use the tool as game launcher (maybe when you test different settings from its menus), remember to replace the game executable with F4SE in its own settings menu

Archived