Blender Texturing Question

tattooedillusions

I would normally try to figure this stuff out on my own either by trial and error or tutorials but neither have helped thus far. Google decided it didn't want to be my friend anymore. I'm TRYING to make and armor from scratch through blender. However it isn't a friend either. It's taken 5 days to get only to where I'm at right now and that's not far at all. I've got one ring done (navel) and I tried texturing it but strange things are going on. It's supposed to be gold (using the gold texture for the body piercings that were ported from FO3 that had the barbells in cross formation among others just for right now until I can figure this crap out). However in nifskope and ingame, from a distance it looks like turd brown like this:

copnifsamp1.jpg

Only when you get up close does it turn gold like this:

copnifsamp2.jpg

You'll notice also that for some reason it has grooves in it that aren't supposed to be there.

I was using the tutorial found here:

Creating an Armor for Fallout

I know this is an older tutorial for FO3 but haven't been able to find a decent up to date one. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks LL Community!

Let me start by saying I know nothing of nifscope and blender. So take nothing I say too seriously, just giving a "fresh eyes" perspective.

I can't make any suggestions about the color, but as for the "grooves" problem, it looks to me like pixelation. Maybe a higher poly count to smooth it out?

Hey Kainschilde thanks for the reply and throwing in your 2 cents. I too thought it had something to do with poly count so I went back in blender and added another subdivision and smoothed it again but no dice. What sucks is that I just saw a video that mentioned the grooves happen sometimes and how to fix it but of course I can't find that video again and can't remember what I used in the search bar because I've used so many different terms over the last few days. I tried looking up blender unwanted groove and of course wouldn't you know it evidently there's a blender game called Unwanted so that's all that came up ha ha. Thanks again for your input.

Not a problem I appreciate the attempt. That's one thing I've noticed about this place compared to other forums is that people here at least try to help even if they only know a little. Small amounts of info adds up.

Well What I can Suggest is , Delete the Existing Material of the Belly Ring in blender . and And Import an Existing FONV Mesh . Link the Belly Ring Material to the imported FONV Mesh . Delete the Imported Mesh and Export your Model . Change the Texture Paths in Nifscope and then try .

Cheers

Edit - For the Grooves , You Have to Set Smooth Highlighted .it looks like you have set it to solid

If the Grooves , Still Appear you have to UV Unwrap your Model in Blender it Self and try other unwrapping options

Not a problem I appreciate the attempt. That's one thing I've noticed about this place compared to other forums is that people here at least try to help even if they only know a little. Small amounts of info adds up.

Well What I can Suggest is ' date=' Delete the Existing Material of the Belly Ring in blender . and And Import an Existing FONV Mesh . Link the Belly Ring Material to the imported FONV Mesh . Delete the Imported Mesh and Export your Model . Change the Texture Paths in Nifscope and then try .

Cheers

Edit - For the Grooves , You Have to Set Smooth Highlighted .it looks like you have set it to solid

If the Grooves , Still Appear you have to UV Unwrap your Model in Blender it Self and try other unwrapping options

[/quote']

Success!! Thanks man. I actually had to start from scratch again because the damn file wouldn't import back into blender. I did it slightly different because I didn't see this until after I started again. I first imported the barbell piercings to see what his settings were. That tutorial failed to mention to set certain color settings to black, white and white. So I totally skipped that part. Another thing (my fault) was that I didn't paint the uv map and put it in my folder to overwrite the texture file that was with the other mod. So now it's "golden"! Thanks guys I really appreciate it. So does my computer because it was about to go through a wall ha ha. Now, more piercings to add and then a bunch of chains!! I'll be doing this one mod for 10 years before I get it done.

Cheers!

Archived