5 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

i fixed a fare number of MNC animations and most of my own SLAL Pack, if needed the tail animations i have made can be copied over and renamed for other (non-paywalled) SLAL packs [...]

Maaaybe we should start bugging the animators to add tail anims to their packs?

Since you (re)implemented the MNC ones and created the others and the ones for your own pack, you should have a relatively good idea on which tail anims are currently available and could come up with a reference list or something like that. The easier it is made for other animators, the higher the chances of them actually doing it, right?

10 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Maaaybe we should start bugging the animators to add tail anims to their packs?

Since you (re)implemented* the MNC ones and created the others and the ones for your own pack, you should have a relatively good idea on which tail anims are currently available and could come up with a reference list or something like that. The easier it is made for other animators, the higher the chances of them actually doing it, right?

the full guide tends to scares them away.:cry:

edit: i publicly uploaded the guide here:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4903-3ds-max-tail-animation-guide/

go to Data\meshes\auxbones\tail\animations\MoreNastyCritters and arrange icons by date modified, that should give you a idea of which one of my* new tail animations i find to be the most cross compatible. the ones i made for my own SLAL Pack are much more custom fitted to my animations so they may not work out well with other animations.

*i remade most of MNC's preexisting tail animations as well, so i pretty much made/own all the tail animations at this time (except for "HorseC4").

• 2 years later...
On 8/16/2017 at 1:21 PM, MadMansGun said:

Actually a few months after i wrote that i re installed my whole set up and it was working again. Looking for a solution for SSE or i never would have seen this post, ill go add to that as well in case anyone else is looking for something like it.

15 hours ago, cbvbadlarry said:

Actually a few months after i wrote that i re installed my whole set up and it was working again. Looking for a solution for SSE or i never would have seen this post, ill go add to that as well in case anyone else is looking for something like it.

Hol up you mean its running for you on SSE?

• 6 months later...

If a tail is its own actor, wouldn't some form of basic "avoid collision" AI be possible? Dragon Combat Overhaul reworks the AI of dragons to be aware of other dragons, of the player (among other things) to choose which attacks to perform, which moves to make, etc. Wouldn't the same for moving individual bones work? I am no expert at all when it comes to Skyrim animations, but having this sort of behavior running on its own would allow animators to not worry about tail placement, right? Is it even a conceivable thing?