weredeer's Disturbing and Unnecessary CC Sept 26th '17 now with Pestilence Skin

weredeer

Hey R-Lo and Were! 

I might not be here as much as I used to but I will try and keep that thread going. I just needed a break from the internet for a bit and a nice big fat temper tantrum did the trick lol Y'all know how it goes. And the game was really starting to piss me off with all the errors and crashes I was having. I damn near deleted it. It took me ages to find the mods that were causing issues but I have it ironed out now. I hope.

Good to see both of you!  

Thanks guys. shy.gif God wouldn't it be great with the farts. If you could make that particle effect that comes out of their head when they are leveling a skill and just move it down, swap out the sound for something festive and apply the swatch as "extreme violence" does with punching and murder. Should happen every 5 to 15 mins for eternity.... If I knew how all the parts worked I would do it in an instant.

Also, welcome back Velvet. I was worried that the weird sims thread might die without you. I'm just not weird enough to do it on my own. dodgy.gif

Haha and fire for our demons! Vampires could fart red mist or something. Hehehehe little bats. laugh.png

Hey R-Lo and Were!

I might not be here as much as I used to but I will try and keep that thread going. I just needed a break from the internet for a bit and a nice big fat temper tantrum did the trick lol Y'all know how it goes. And the game was really starting to piss me off with all the errors and crashes I was having. I damn near deleted it. It took me ages to find the mods that were causing issues but I have it ironed out now. I hope.

Good to see both of you!

Thanks guys. shy.gif God wouldn't it be great with the farts. If you could make that particle effect that comes out of their head when they are leveling a skill and just move it down, swap out the sound for something festive and apply the swatch as "extreme violence" does with punching and murder. Should happen every 5 to 15 mins for eternity.... If I knew how all the parts worked I would do it in an instant.

Also, welcome back Velvet. I was worried that the weird sims thread might die without you. I'm just not weird enough to do it on my own. dodgy.gif

Haha and fire for our demons! Vampires could fart red mist or something. Hehehehe little bats. laugh.png

Fire would be awesome if bystanders got charred :lol:

Hey R-Lo and Were!

Good to see both of you!

Haha and fire for our demons! Vampires could fart red mist or something. Hehehehe little bats. laugh.png

Fire would be awesome if bystanders got charred laugh.png

That would be funny as hell! 

Well as long as sims get hurt I am all for it!

Bahahaha right? We need more creative ways to remove our sims from the gene pools lol  I think drowning them in pee is probably one of my faves though. 

Hey R-Lo and Were!

Good to see both of you!

Fire would be awesome if bystanders got charred laugh.png

That would be funny as hell!

Well as long as sims get hurt I am all for it!

Bahahaha right? We need more creative ways to remove our sims from the gene pools lol I think drowning them in pee is probably one of my faves though.

How bout a "Lemmings" type scenario for Sims? :lol:

Posted some menstruation for the ladies! My gf was shocked that there was no menstruation cycle in this game and I gotta agree especially  with all the baby making going on. I mean without menstruation where are all these eggs coming from? It's the aliens isn't it? It's always the aliens...

Like glitter farts, i would love to see a mod apply the swatch once every game week where the sim experiences strong rotating emotions of anger, tension, flirty, and be generally uncomfortable all day clutching their stomach as if hungry. Not that all periods are that bad but, in game, I think most of us wouldn't mind seeing our sim struggle with biology a little bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Sharing a thing that i needed for myself anyway. I really wanted to retexture this item in a more specific and fanciful way, but every thing i did showed on multiple sides. I clearly do not understand and cannot fake proper mapping so I just Jackson Pollack'd it.

I have also been trying to understand specular mapping lately and as simple as it seems, I am simpler. I have been puzzling this tutorial http://sims4studio.com/thread/3735/add-specular-resource-item for days and cannot understand how she gets two CAS parts. Do i export together, separate? I figure i need a mask and a png greyscale or a dds as well as the original image, but are the mask and spec supposed to be in the same file? Also I cant really check my work in game because I get an error about me not referencing an instance. I am sure the answer is simple but I am very boggled and frustrated and wondering sometimes if it is worth all the trouble. I know it is so simple and i am just missing a detail and a little knowledge.  I hope I finally figure it out before i give up, because I really want my bloods shiny and slick.

Blah Blah hope somebody enjoys the red bench. :)

What were you trying to do with the blood alter? Sometimes objects will use the same singular reference texture for all areas of the object which makes it nearly impossible to edit just one section. I have ran into this more times than I can count and it is a pain in the ass :( 

well the idea isn't fully formed but blood dripping around the edges with a pool in the center. maybe some skulls and bones in the trim. I am definitely running into what you were. Without learning blender there are some things that are gonna be beyond me. Even with 3DS Max I was never too hot at mapping. There is a simpler bench I might take a look at.

The easiest way (for me at least) to find the references if they aren't obvious is to replace the texture with a random photo and examine it in S4S. That will tell you what is repeated, flipped, stretched and tiled. 

The easiest way (for me at least) to find the references if they aren't obvious is to replace the texture with a random photo and examine it in S4S. That will tell you what is repeated, flipped, stretched and tiled. 

Yeah, thats how i discovered it was displaying on three sides, and your comment about the "same singular reference" only confirmed it for me. For now what I did to that bench is satisfactory for me. Baby steps. I would rather be figuring out specular or barrelling ahead on a new project of which i have about 20 more ideas....

Yeah, thats how i discovered it was displaying on three sides, and your comment about the "same singular reference" only confirmed it for me. For now what I did to that bench is satisfactory for me. Baby steps. I would rather be figuring out specular or barrelling ahead on a new project of which i have about 20 more ideas....

<Female Alucard Voice> heheheeh ahahahaha Ah yes, Always nice to See Something Weird weredeer <claps, as her Sharp daggered teeth glint in the moonlight> I Applaud you.

Me - Now, if you Don't mind. i have Thing's to Do...

Velvet - You don't Do things

Me - Yes i do, i Take enthusiastic moonlight Stroll's through the Woods..

Velvet - And Kill homicidal Vampire Priests?

Me - Very Enthusiastic...

<Female Alucard Voice> heheheeh ahahahaha Ah yes, Always nice to See Something Weird weredeer <claps, as her Sharp daggered teeth glint in the moonlight> I Applaud you.

Me - Now, if you Don't mind. i have Thing's to Do...

Velvet - You don't Do things

Me - Yes i do, i Take enthusiastic moonlight Stroll's through the Woods..

Velvet - And Kill homicidal Vampire Priests?

Me - Very Enthusiastic...

That made me LOL. Sounds perfect to me! 

Like a super germ in a casual laboratory, I made you a horrible thing you cant get anywhere else.

Also, I had a breakthrough with speculars today which means I will probably update many of my blood products for a little shiny wetness. I will post these as separate from the non-specs bc some people hate spec or at least TS4 spec. Gob bless the little children.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, your flies fucking tank made a weird texture error on my Sims--the texture of the tank was there, but it made the rest of the torso invisible. I tried removing all other CC to see if it was conflicting with something and it still did that; also my game is fully up to date.

So the tshirt mesh I used was for female only, I discovered this a few days ago. Try the shirt on a female sim and it should work (if it doesn't post a screenshot pls). I generally only make things for female torso, but I always check the male tickbox in S4S as well. In this case, that didn't work out bc that shirt mesh is for female only. Sorry about that, its the first item of clothing i ever attempted, but if you are dying to have flies fucking on male or unisex clothing its doable. :s

• 2 weeks later...

Archived