FSM textures not working with CBBE

SaikoK

I need help, I've downloaded and used CBBE for the past week or so and wanted to use FSM body textures with Unique Player/Unique followers installed so i could use different texture combinations for each of my companions.

FSM has an installer for unique followers using NMM so i used the installer for curie and in game checked the texture and was horrified by the monster she had turned into, but when she wears an outfit it's fine and using the correct texture.

after several reinstalls of CBBE the texture pack and unique followers i forgot to set the preset in CBBE and it defaulted to atomic beauty body, which worked perfectly with the texture!  

but atomic beauty ignores my CBBE presets and continues to look like Lisa Ann on steroids so to stop it defaulting i uninstalled it and batch built my cbbe preset again and once again the monster was back.

so i checked the mesh of FemaleBody.nif using outfit studio and found 2 meshes "CBBE" and "BaseFemaleBody:0" disabling BaseFemaleBody actually corrected the texture, so i deleted it and overwrote the .nif file, however when i checked this new one, Curies body disappeared entirely except her head and hands.

i backtracked to square one and checked online forums for the answer, so i know i'm not the only one having the issue but after checking almost every answer i could find nothing worked, curie was still buggered. and the uploader of FSM seems a bit of a dick when others asked how to fix it.

so i beg you, how the hell can i fix this?! I've been at it since 4 this afternoon and it's now 12:30 at night and it's given me a huge headache so i've basically given up and need help, explain it like i'm 5 help, with file names and folder location please if necessary because my brain! she cannae take no more captain! apologies if what i've written doesn't make much sense, i'm barely functioning right now. (as you can probably tell)

sources:

cbbe: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15/?

FSM: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24741/?

unique player: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3718/?

unique followers: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4293/?

post-2106655-0-55558700-1498866097_thumb.jpg

post-2106655-0-80686600-1498866110_thumb.jpg

post-2106655-0-43768200-1498866124_thumb.png

Might seem like an obvious question, but it helps narrow things down, did you make sure that your CBBE body is in the mesh folders for Unique Player/Unique Followers?

Cause if you're using Unique Player/Followers, you need to make sure you copy your body preset to all your Unique Player/Followers folders.

Basically meaning, after you do your normal Bodyslide run and build your preset to your liking and such, you need to go in the folder (meshes/actors/character/characterassets or whatever it is (can't remember off hand)), and copy that femalebody.nif file to all your Unique Player/Followers folders so they will actually use that body you made.

So for Unique Player, it is: meshes/actors/character/playercharacterassets/

For Unique Followers it is: meshes/actors/character/

and then seperate folders for each follower. CaitBody, CurieBody, PiperBody (for the females).

So you need to go to meshes/actors/character/characterassets

and copy your femalebody.nif that you built in Bodyslide, and paste it into each of those folders so they will all use a CBBE body. Otherwise, if you don't do that, they will all be using a vanilla body and then you get issues like what you see above.

You gotta do the same for textures as well. Peruse the Nexus for skin textures that will fit each of your followers appearances, find which ones you like, and then paste them into those appropriate folders so they will all have unique skins (except in textures, not meshes). Otherwise, what's the point in Unique Followers if you're not going to give them all different skin textures? :P

EDIT: Just realized FSM has different versions for each follower, so guess that works too.

Hope that helps somewhat. Let us know if it all works out. :)

yeah, tried it something like 5 times. however perusing through my files i think i found why it's not working, i posted about it here (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/80781-materialsactors-folder-missing/) and i think this is it because when the character has an outfit on the texture is correct because the bgsm file is there for clothing and armour, but because there are no bgsm files for the actors it's just using default textures, i could be wrong though.

thanks for the reply though and in a really easy way to understand too, much appreciated for my tired old head.

• 8 months later...

Archived