[REQ] Custom Race (Girls of Skyrim)

Hello good folks. Hopefully this is the right section for this post. I'm not asking for an official release, as this is not my mod. But here it goes:

Recently a user on Skyrim Nexus uploaded this mod:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21038#

I really really really want to start a new game as his character Misha. But these are only NPC companions. Is there a way for me to play as her? I have no idea how I would go about doing it. I first thought, I could create a custom race. The mod includes all the files for her. But I really got lost following creating the new race in tutorial.

I'm just at a loss. I can't think of a way for me to play as her. Again, this is just for personal use. So I suppose I'm just asking out of complete desperation. I haven't played Skyrim all year because of school, and I finally got the summer off. And I would love to play the game seriously with this character.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. And if this thread is not allowed, I will remove it.

post-75367-13597877338408_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty novice at this stuff too but I will take a look.

The easiest part is creating the race using his textures and meshes. (for me)

I think the hardest part isn't the race. It is getting the correct slider positions to make your character look like that. I don't think I have seen a tool to change the the PCs face to match an NPC, only PC to PC swaps from save files.

I can't thank you thank enough. :) Even if you can't do it, I just appreciate you taking the time to look into it.

On a side note, he included a "non" tattoo version of the face for Misha. You can grab it in the files here:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/download/76424 (This is just the face, you still have to download the main file for the character. Just replace the new face file in the old folder).

So if you are able to get it to work, would appreciate that version. :)

I can't thank you thank enough. :) Even if you can't do it' date=' I just appreciate you taking the time to look into it.

On a side note, he included a "non" tattoo version of the face for Misha. You can grab it in the files here:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/download/76424 (This is just the face, you still have to download the main file for the character. Just replace the new face file in the old folder).

[/quote']

Yeah I have the face texture currently and it has the ugly ass tattoo. I will have to grab that file and include it eventually.

Anyways I'm making progress. Lets see how far I can get.

I can't thank you thank enough. :) Even if you can't do it' date=' I just appreciate you taking the time to look into it.

[/quote']

Yeah I have the face texture currently and it has the ugly ass tattoo. I will have to grab that file and include it eventually.

Anyways I'm making progress. Lets see how far I can get.

I really can't say thanks enough.

:)

OK just tested my WIP.

The base head makeup did work.

The head mesh is still base nord though... I need to find where I can input the new NIF file. Can't find it in the CK so far, well for the race. For an NPC its easy but race is different apparently.

OK once the head mesh is done I need to make a new preset with the NPCs stats so they look the same and the base preset doesn't change things.

You could always set the race the author has used for her as Playable if I'm correct. :) You can read the slider settings more or less from Misha's actor values in the CK.

Sorry, I'm a total noob when it comes to CK. But are you saying I can just open up CK, and then find the Misha character in there - and set her as a playable race?

If so, that would be a lot easier then making a custom race. :o

Thing is, will the CK pick up on custom characters? Do you just have to check her ESP file in it?

OK

It looks good

2 issues atm.

The hands when naked are not matching color.

The makeup, while on the books is exactly the same, but it is heavier on the PC than on the NPC.

Want an update pic?

You could always set the race the author has used for her as Playable if I'm correct. :) You can read the slider settings more or less from Misha's actor values in the CK.

The author used the Nord as a base race. So no custom race, just cusome textures and stuff.

OK

It looks good

2 issues atm.

The hands when naked are not matching color.

The makeup' date=' while on the books is exactly the same, but it is heavier on the PC than on the NPC.

Want an update pic?

[/quote']

That would be great! Would really appreciate it.

Someone on the Nexus forums posted this:

@basskimm: I'm not sure how the game handles facial expressions (smile, frown, etc) in-game, but I'm fairly certain those expressions are forms of gen morphs that are just temporary during gameplay. What I'm saying is it seems each of the packs contain unnecessary files. In particular, the many tri files for gen morphs. When an actor is being created, the gen morphs are essential, but once the creation is complete (and exported)... the final head mesh contains the morphed face (and all the appropriate structures and extra parts). Extra parts such as the hair/eye/brow meshes are not necessary either, as they become part of the head mesh upon actor creation.

So, really, all you'd need to include is:

-esp

-body/hand/feet meshes

-actor head mesh

-all texture and tint files

Just thought I'd mention it, as it may become easier for you if you plan on making updates to these in the future. And it would also help keep file size and tracking of said files to a minimum (all for your sake, of course).

Not sure if that helps.

screenshot20lk.jpg

The one on the right is the base NPC btw

Minor things need to be changed, eye color for one. I never found out where to change where I get set a new head nif and I think that is why the makeup is so load since it is setup for a different head.

Other than that they look really close, just need to fix makeup!

Hmm I dont like the comparison now that I look at it. Since the new one is looking down it they have different perspectives and harder to compare.

Still a great start!

Keep up the good work.

Well The makeup looks better' date=' think I might have under done it.

It's close though, I am note sure why the eyebrows are not in the list because they are there in the formlist and shows in the CK sliders but in game with the racemenu they aren't. Also a slight neck seam =/ Not major issues.

The one major issue is the hands... They are not having the skin color attach to them oddly. That's the only thing holding me back from releasing it.

Well I just found out the hand textures aren't matching. They match with 0 weight but don't when you scale up.

Oddly the NPCs textures sort of match at 100 weight but they don't match if you do down.

Now the feet textures work, but why the hands don't? I have no idea.

Have to try again tomorrow, sleep calls.

Thanks Vergil. If you do get it to work, would love the non-war paint version of her. But I'm not picky.

At this point I'm just thankful to anyone trying to make these playable. I'm holding off on starting my new game until I can get one of these characters (as silly as that sounds).

So :)

I'll give Misha a try.

OK I should turn on my EMB when making my pics, holy crap are they nice!

I wonder if you will run into the same issue I have with the hands, aka if it's me screwing something up LOL.

Sera, currently everything works BUT the hands. The hands do not swap the skin texture when above 50% weight. I have no clue why.

So if you are going to play at 50% weight or less you can literally have it now. If you want me to keep toying away at it so you can play with more weight then let me know.