Help with moving an NPC.

I'm helping someone build a mod containing a house and an NPC. There will be two versions of the .esp, one with the new character and one without. I've done some improvements to the house, and want to move the NPC from the old house to the new house in the new .esp. Can anyone help me figure out how to do that?

I'm helping someone build a mod containing a house and an NPC. There will be two versions of the .esp' date=' one with the new character and one without. I've done some improvements to the house, and want to move the NPC from the old house to the new house in the new .esp. Can anyone help me figure out how to do that?

[/quote']

Have you used FNVEdit to move other things between mods?

Or is your issue figuring out which records represent the NPC?

I've never moved anything between esps before.

Ok...

First you need FNVEdit.

Then, you need to load both mods in FNVEdit, the mod you are moving from and the mod your are moving to.

And then, you find a record you want to move and right click on it (on the left hand side) and near the bottom of the popup menu, you should find "Copy as new record into..."

I think you should play with this on scratch copies of your mods, and then after you have explored the possibilities you can think about doing this efficiently (and, possibly, you can ask questions, like maybe if something seems like you ought be able to do it, but it is being non-obvious).

Archived