Finger Issues with Armor

Tivoko

So I've spent all day trying to convert an armor to my body shape in Outfit Studio and finally had a breakthrough to the point that I'm happy with most of it. One problem I'm having are the gauntlets; the fingers are all messed up.

SAPxiij.jpg

N4WXN0m.jpg

rJ0zzac.jpg

Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to fix this issue? I'm fairly stupid when it comes to editing stuff so please spell it out for me if you can.

Load the outfit up into outfit studios click on the glove. Next switch to the bones tab and start clicking on each finger node and look at what is highlighted. Make sure there isn't multiple finger nodes attached to more then one finger or it can cause nastyness. So say if your pinky finger has nodes from it also attached to the finger next to it that weight paint must be removed from that finger.

To remove weight painting click one of the finger nodes click the brush setting box above the outfit move the strength to max size down to 5 or less. The small the size the closer you can get to something with removing weight painting from everything that is highlighted as you only want to remove it from the one finger. Hold down the ALT button and then the left mouse button and start erasing after you remove the weight painting for that node from the finger click on the next one and repeat till everything has been updated with the new weight painting then export it. You might have to make a new _0 or _1 file depending on which one you used so that both nifs will be the same.

I'm sorry, I'm still  confused. This is what I see when I look at the gloves in Outfit Studio.

Izy6E7I.jpgwILqKoC.jpg

ltXcxls.jpg

It looks like there are three for each finger. I don't know if  that's correct or not. I've included the shape data for it in case someone wants to look at it themselves.

Yes there are three per finger if you load up outfit studio and select start a new porject then select hand you can load the hand up and see what each finger has for nodes. The first node for each finger a bit of the weight painting reaches the other fingers a bit but not much and the rest of the finger nodes the weight painting goes for 1 finger only.

If the weight painting isn't the issue start a new project select hands and then your armor nif and see if the gauntlet placement matches the hand placement.

Archived