Neck Seam Color Blend Fix for a Follower Mod?

Yes, the best way to fix neck seams (any neck seam) is to load the follower mod in TESVEdit, check where (which folder or folders) all the texture path for the body, hands, etc go to and either test with different texture mods by replacing those folder with the best possible textures -- or -- create an entirely new folder for the follower's textures because it could just be that the follower you are using is sharing the same textures as the other NPCs in your game... and it's obviously not compatible, so just create a new folder for the follower's textures and edit the texture paths in TESVEdit to the new folder. Done.

Second way I like to fix Neck Seams is by editing the textures in GIMP but this isn't very necessary 99% of the time.

open the follower head nif

open your body nif

in nitrishape

if have normal no and have vertex color yes for one

and have normal yes and have vertex color no for the other

->mismatch

in textureset, body with gloss 400 and head with gloss 40, that's no good either

stick to what there is in the npc head nifs, unless you use a custom body for your char

Neck seams can occur for a few different reasons. Usually the simplest fix involves manual copying of files, which for some reason no-one wants/likes/dares to do. Opening the mod archive is 7-zip or WinRAR will show you the full texture path. You should go to your main character folders (\actors\character\female) and copy over the full set of textures to the follower texture path. Some followers have a separate location for head, hands or body, or sometimes all of the the above. Each of these three parts requires four files for a complete texture, so 12 files in total are needed.

These 12 files are also available as sets in most skin texture replacers and some of them are pretty good when it comes to seams. Some of them are also pretty horrible. The thing is that at the very least your diffuse and normal must be form the same set, and be a seamless set. You can't do anything about the latter, but you can about the former. I like to maintain 3-4 folders with a set copied and ready for action, I almost always swap out follower skin textures because my modlist and ENB setup is never going to be the same as the modder's.

Anyway, so you need 12 files:

For the body

femalebody.dds

femalebody_msn.dds

femalebody_s.dds

femalebody_sk.dds

For the hands

femalehands.dds

femalehands_msn.dds

.... and so on, femalehead is the moniker for head textures.

I suppose you understand the pattern, each part requires a diffuse (no suffix), normal (msn), specular (s) and subsurface (sk). Body, hands, head. If you are not able to fix the seam by replacing with a known seamless texture (one good way to assess this is to copy a texture set from a follower who is seamless in your game) then it's not a texture issue, can be caused by a mismatched head and body texture set.

I've also seen some terrible mods where the texture set itself is incomplete and require editing the ESP to define the texture path properly, and sometimes the modder will replace the body nif without adjusting the texture path in the nif. Therefore you can have everything perfectly lined up, but the nif is loading textures from a different path.

Yeah, finally got around to looking at the mod. I actually use ERF Succubus from the same author and that mod is good but ERF Ceraph's face is super messed up. No amount of changing textures will fix it. Everything Yatol said above is true. If you want to fix ERF Ceraph, you need to edit the NiTriShape properties for her head mesh in Nifskope.

Otherwise, use ERF Succubus, it has everything ERF Ceraph has and then some.

Yeah, finally got around to looking at the mod. I actually use ERF Succubus from the same author and that mod is good but ERF Ceraph's face is super messed up. No amount of changing textures will fix it. Everything Yatol said above is true. If you want to fix ERF Ceraph, you need to edit the NiTriShape properties for her head mesh in Nifskope.

Otherwise, use ERF Succubus, it has everything ERF Ceraph has and then some.

umm wut? those are one in the same? ERF doesn't have a "Succubus" and a separate "Ceraph", its one character. Ceraph the Succubus... unless you know of a diff DL?

Trust me, there's another one.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2166-succubus-armor-follower-and-enemy/

In my game I erased the succubus enemy because they were spawning every 20 feet I walk. All I wanted was the two Succubus followers. You'll find them in the shrine of the dead in White run.

Use the hooves from this mod on them and you're all set!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83524/?

Trust me, there's another one.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2166-succubus-armor-follower-and-enemy/

In my game I erased the succubus enemy because they were spawning every 20 feet I walk. All I wanted was the two Succubus followers. You'll find them in the shrine of the dead in White run.

Use the hooves from this mod on them and you're all set!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83524/?

wow lookit that... thanx bro i appresh!

i think the test succubus mod is broken... there is no dialogue for them to grow anything.

That's interesting.  Both succubi work perfectly fine for me.  Manually check that all files are present in your installation.  You have to be missing files somewhere or maybe you didn't overwrite something when you were supposed to.  The mod does work.