Having issues advancing the quest "Institutionalized" (not the "stuck behind glass bug")

I fallow father's voice to the room where "Shaun" is and then go through the dialog tree until father comers out and says the code to shut "Shaun" down, the only problem is, Shaun just stands there like an idiot, both NPCs remain "busy" when talked to, and the quest does not progress past that point. I don't think I'm using any mods that affect that quest, and quite frankly I don't really feel like hunting a mod down if that IS the problem. I looked around online but only found two forum posts with the same issue as mine, one person's post was made on the Nexus forums but never got a reply (of course...), and the other person also never got a reply, but said they "killed Father" and brought him back using console commands and that fixed the issue, but they didn't explain how they did that, as Father is apparently essential until after you first encounter Shaun, so using the "kill" command just knocks him on his ass for a few seconds. I've also tried resetting Father, and "disabling" and "enabling" him, both of which did nothing to move things along.

I just need to know how to either progress the quest using console commands, or kill Father and resurrect him, to see if that works.

I fallow father's voice to the room where "Shaun" is and then go through the dialog tree until father comers out and says the code to shut "Shaun" down, the only problem is, Shaun just stands there like an idiot, both NPCs remain "busy" when talked to, and the quest does not progress past that point. I don't think I'm using any mods that affect that quest, and quite frankly I don't really feel like hunting a mod down if that IS the problem. I looked around online but only found two forum posts with the same issue as mine, one person's post was made on the Nexus forums but never got a reply (of course...), and the other person also never got a reply, but said they "killed Father" and brought him back using console commands and that fixed the issue, but they didn't explain how they did that, as Father is apparently essential until after you first encounter Shaun, so using the "kill" command just knocks him on his ass for a few seconds. I've also tried resetting Father, and "disabling" and "enabling" him, both of which did nothing to move things along.

I just need to know how to either progress the quest using console commands, or kill Father and resurrect him, to see if that works.

Try removing the last mod in your load order, if that doesn't work try the 2nd last etc