animations crashing game?

reprieval

im having a problem with the animation up to the part with lydia in the hotel it keeps crashing my game.. so i skipped it and tried to do michelle's sex animation and it crashed my game as well. i disabled almost all my mods except a few here's my load order. :D

Oblivion.esm

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm

x117race.esm

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

ChaseCameraMod.esp

FlyingCameraMod.esp

Crowded Cities 30.esp

FormID Finder4.esp

Map Marker Overhaul.esp

Knights.esp

Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp

Active_Inventory_Spell_1.2.esp

ANBMiniMicroBikini double melon.esp

Moonshadow Elves - Sc.esp

AIRrace Evy.esp

Evy SP.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged RoseA00 Hair Modules.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp

77_Umpa_Sexy_walk.esp

xeosp++.esp

xeoice.esp

VToy.esp

Guest ThatOne

CLS is very hardware-intensive. Are you using the stutter remover and crash prevent system? They should help, to an extent, but if they don't I'm afraid you'll be best off reducing graphic settings.

well i dont think its an issue with the hardware since i just built a new computer too run skyrim on ultra. but i tried to lower it and still crashes. i also tried to defrag and remove my clothing and it still crashed my game. :( i also tried the stutter remover and crash prevent system and it also doesn't work. Any other ideas? :)

Ok that's a bummer...

Are you sure those guys haven't placed idle animations hard coded (hear .kf files in the idles folder) ?

ChaseCameraMod.esp

FlyingCameraMod.esp

Active_Inventory_Spell_1.2.esp

77_Umpa_Sexy_walk.esp

xeosp++.esp

xeoice.esp

Try to temporarily rename your \Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\_male\IdleAnims to XXX just for a test.

Put the joint file in your OBSE plugin folder and see if it helps. Clearly defrag your hdd, kill all TSR or other programs running in the background, delete screenshots. I'll also burn some incense and pray Yog-Sothot.

Guest ThatOne

I can confirm that both Umpa's walk and active inventory aren't the problem, as I am using both. Neither has any idle animations.

Xeo is a race mod and thus I doubt it has any idles.

Just trying to help as best I can.

sorry i just got back from vacation. :) i just tried what you suggested and it still crashes my game. i have also noticed whenever i try to enter the basement i hear a sound not from the game sorta like a notification if you wanna do something. any ideas?

Yes, that sound is WEOcps telling you it just prevented a crash.

If you don't have any mod active and it still crashes you may want to try a clean savegame to see if it's bloating.

Are you far in the mod? If not I will suggest a new game to be sure there's nothing left in the save. Maybe checking some log will help to.

Clean your OBSE, what plugins do you still have?

I'd clean my savegame folder, delete screenshots, defrag the Oblivion HDD and check permissions on the Oblivion folder as well as My documents one.

Disable cls, make a clean save, enable CLS (if you can redownload it) and finally, finally try again...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm getting some crashing here and there. It appears the scripting during and around animations is very fragile and also a dangerous time to save your game. I also have a suspicion that some scripts are running outside of Game Mode.

Case 1: Lisbeth encounter

After Hans talks to me for the first time and I am told to approach Lisbeth, I regained character controls and saved the game. When I went to talk to Lisbeth, she was walking into the tent. I figured something might have broken somewhere so I reloaded the game. On reload, I immediately got the pop-up message that I am not allowed to leave now because of Hans. Reloading a second time caused the game to crash.

Case 2: Bravil stop with Lidya

The two goddess minions K and S appear. I let them finish talking to Lidya, then when it seemed everyone was just waiting around, I saved the game before talking to them. I tried the option to have sex, and Lidya was frozen standing up during sex with one of the minions. I reloaded and the game crashed.

I run CCleaner before rebooting Oblivion. When I reloaded the save, Lidya had one arm straight up (part of the casting an on-self spell). She was frozen in that pose during sex and even after I slept and she left the room headed for the IC.

Had to restart the sequence all the way from just entering Bravil. Ran fine with all animations working this time. Seemed safe to save once she was running for the IC.

Case 3: Lidya in Three Sisters Inn

Everything ran fine BUT I got a "BONK" error sound just at the very start of the sex scene. Tried it a few times and still got that -- normally I reload whenever I hear the BONK sound as that sounds like an error happened somewhere. Didn't seem to inherit any save game corruption, though.

I think a nice idea might be to script a save at a safe time before a scene, and another save after.

Archived