grey face bug out of CK

Hello all,

i have a problem with the export of the facetint of characters out of the CK

I think i know how to solve the "grey face bug" - but i have a problem inside the CK i think.

If i export the facetint for an Actor (ctrl-F4) - i get a two colored .tga and .dds (see attachment)

If i edit it in Gimp (see attachment) and make it singel colored - all look good ingame.

My question - it comes out of the CK - so any clue - WHY this happens?

Could it be - that something is wrong with a hair setup?

Thanks for help and hints.

Ava

oops - wrong Forum - >>>>>> Mod - can you please move the topic to the skyrim technical forum - thanks :-)))

post-973800-0-36996200-1494596036_thumb.jpg

post-973800-0-39314600-1494596055_thumb.jpg

post-973800-0-28121900-1494596078_thumb.jpg

Go to your skyrim\data\textures\actors\character\character assets, rename the tintmasks folder inside character assets to tintmasksbak.

open ck and faces will be fixed and you can export again with correct textures, fix tintmasks folder name before launching game.

Make sure you always do this before working on npc in ck if you have custom textures in the tintmasks folder.

Your facetints have a higher resolution than CK Supports.

Solution:

Create NPC i CK as before.

Note the race and all color values.

With CTRL + F4 export as before. And close CK.

Then use Skyrim NPC Editor. Link

Open NPC Editor - load a NPC (same race, same sex.)

Set all color values (skin color, lip color, etc.)

Save as ESP - somewhere - not in Skyrim.

Exchange the texture created by CK with version of NPC Editor.

Rename the dds do not forget.

TGA can be deleted - not used.

Go to your skyrim\data\textures\actors\character\character assets, rename the tintmasks folder inside character assets to tintmasksbak.

open ck and faces will be fixed and you can export again with correct textures, fix tintmasks folder name before launching game.

Make sure you always do this before working on npc in ck if you have custom textures in the tintmasks folder.

Hello RW311 and Andy14,

i tried both of your recommendations.

What worked for me was the recommendation of RW311 - many, many thanks for it :-))))

@Andy14

I tried yours as well - but realy struggled with the "old fashioned" NPC editor - it crashed for me many times and i could not realy get it working....

Maybe you can give me a hint - what i have to do with the "plugin list".

Each time i choosed my .esp - i get an internal Windows error of a "unhandled exception" - seems the program has a bad error handling...

Anyway - now its working - thanks you both.

Have a nice sunday.

Ava

PS.: I work with Mod Organizer - i made for all my mods - that sets tintmasks - small submods with only the tintmasks in it - so its quite easy for me to just deactivate them prior to launching the CK out of the Mod Organizer - just a small hint for other Mod Organizer users.

God i realy love Mod Organizer - thats such a must to use tool if you play arround with mods. Complicated at first - but if you made the start - then its so usefull!

Archived