NV dlc crippling bugs

dead money and old world blues are unplayable for me. in dead money, the abandoned bunker always CTDs whenever i activate the sewer grate to it. in old world blues, robots that i have disabled cause the inventory screen when looting enemies to be stuck on the screen, preventing me from playing.

what is strange is that these are the only two dlcs out of the 4 that are doing this. multiple re-installs haven't fixed it for me. the problem seems to only be attached to game areas of the dlcs and not the equipment since other mods that add dlc equipment to vanilla loot tables ( Project Nevada, for example) work just fine.

here is my load order:

FalloutNV.esm

DeadMoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

ClassicPack.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

CaravanPack.esm

IWS-Core.esm

Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm

Project Nevada - Core.esm

Project Nevada - Equipment.esm

Sexout.esm

SexoutCommonResources.esm

SexoutSlavery.esm

SexoutLegion.esm

WARZONES - Misanthropy Pure.esm

New Vegas Redesigned II.esm

DFB - Random Encounters.esm

Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp

Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp

SpeedE Wheels Travel Systems.esm

New Vegas Error Corrections COMPLETE - DLC.esm

NVEC Performance Of The Gods - DLC - Warzones.esp

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

IncreasedLegion1_1.esp

Mojave Outpost - Revamp.esp

Searchlight Outpost- Revamp.esp

DeadlierExplosivesNV.esp

Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp

Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp

Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp

Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp

IWS-Core-Patrols.esp

IWS-Core-Guards.esp

IWS-Core-Civilians.esp

IWS-DM.esp

IWS-HH.esp

IWS-OWB.esp

IWS-LR.esp

NoFastTravel_NV.esp

WurstBarberMachine.esp

Legion Redesigned.esp

merccustom.esp

Neckchains.esp

NWIxiaarmor1.esp

RadiiHairFix.esp

Type3 Leather Armors.esp

WastelandCourier.esp

NVR- Lore version.esp

NVR- Recommended.esp

New Vegas redesigned- Honest Hearts.esp

KillingKarmaFix.esp

AllCompanionsEssential 2.0.esp

ED-E 3D Sound.esp

NVWillow.esp

noautoaim.esp

RWD-NV v1.3 [Alternative Version].esp

Respawn48HoursImproved.esp

realistic headshots.esp

WeaponModsExpanded.esp

Project Nevada - WMX.esp

WMX-ModernWeapons.esp

WMX-DeadMoney.esp

WMX-HonestHearts.esp

WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp

WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp

Western Sky.esp

Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp

Fellout.esp

Fellout-OWB.esp

Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp

ILO - PipBoy Light.esp

ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp

Bouncing Natural Breasts.esp

MoonShadowRace.esp

jailhouserockette.esp

CamOneLoC.esp

NRCberets.esp

BOSAlphaBunker.esp

WeaponJammingMoreJams.esp

Free Tribal Outfits.esp

JillBSAA.esp

T6M Female Power Armor NV.esp

SexoutZAZ.esp

SexoutCompanions.esp

SmallerTalk.esp

CamTwoRoC.esp

SexoutHowAbout.esp

SexoutBrutalRapers.esp

SexoutKhans.esp

SexoutKings.esp

SexoutNCR.esp

SexoutPowderGangers.esp

SexoutWorkingGirl.esp

SexoutFiends.esp

Continue After End V1.7.esp

WMX-MW-GRA.esp

Type3MClothing_HH.esp

Type3MClothing_OWB.esp

Well you do have quite a few overhaul mods and a dirty edit or two can totally wreck things. You might look at combining a bunch of your armor/clothing mods.

Are these a duplicate that you should have only installed one of:

NVR- Lore version.esp

NVR- Recommended.esp

and

Western Sky.esp

Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp

and

Fellout.esp

Fellout-OWB.esp

Honestly these two caused me "more" problems, rather than less when I had them installed:

New Vegas Error Corrections COMPLETE - DLC.esm

NVEC Performance Of The Gods - DLC - Warzones.esp

most of the mods that are intended to boost performance have this effect and I grew tired of attempting to fallow the debates on whether or not any of these mods actually work as intended or cause more serious issue's. Normally I would write off accusations like that as user stupidity but when they come from extremely Knowledgeable mod authors it's just not possible to over look the potential risk.

Anyway I have found that the safest way to boost f03 and new vegas performance is first shut down all non essential programs that are running on your pc, even if you are not using something chances are that it is actively searching for updates. Second add f03 and new vegas to your DEP exceptions list, doing this will reduce CTD's. After that lower your graphics settings. For those who are using older pc's the ENB silent hill mod will work and it will greatly reduce CTD's. When it comes to mods install nothing until you are absolutely sure of what they do and what they add to the game. If the description is not clear to you then ask questions and if your questions go unanswered then skip that mod. Adding two or more mods that do the same thing can seriously screw up your game

• 2 weeks later...

i got rid of NVEC and the mods that do the same thing. now, i don't get any CTDs anymore, but i still can't access the abandoned BoS bunker. when i said that i crashed upon activating the sewer grate, i meant i get an infinite load screen that kills my computer, preventing me from doing ALT+TAB or CTRL+ALT+DELETE and forcing me to press the "power" button on my laptop to restart.

Disabling DEP isn't really that hot of an idea, just FYI. The CTDs it causes are due to an error in the game engine somewhere. If left alone, the game will likely just get subtly corrupted rather than crashing outright.

Programs in memory are split into two segments, code and data. Only code runs. Some bugs cause the program to jump (assembler speak for 'goto' or running a function) into the data segment. Some programs (mostly viruses / trojans) do this intentionally, because virus scanners used to only scan the code segment and not the data segment.

You can turn it off if you like and you might be ok; the jump might just lead to a return or other benign instruction. Most often though other stuff will happen first, which will have a random effect that can range from nothing to corrupting the game and causing a crash -- or more likely, just trashing data somewhere else and causing bugs that seem entirely unrelated.

Personally I'd rather the game just dumped me back to windows if the alternative is possible corruption that you may not notice until much later, but that may be present in many savegames going back indefinitely.

Archived