Modding skyrim

Hi,

I've never modded skyrim but I have modded FN:V and F4 a bit (Nothing really advanced of any sorts), but skyrim seems like a completely different "method" of modding or is it just my small experience of modding?

I read Skyrim Modding Guide but I still don't feel comfortable or really understand it properly. What is most likely causing my missunderstanding and the like is that I'd like to try out "SexLabs" (hence why im here) but I have no idea what the "proper" order is for installing things for skyrim is.

Basically, I need a "quick" step-by-step guide on what needs to be installed first for the game to work properly. For example, Custom Bodies, when would I install these? Does it even matter when I install these?

Sorry if it seems like I'm asking for things already listed and/or beginner questions

This is just a basic writeup. Many tutorial exists in both written form and videos.

"When" something is installed only matters if some things overwrite others. Also called installation order.

Normally not changeable as mod manager copy files into the Skyrim Folder.

NMM (Nexus Mod Manager) will ask if a file might be overwritten.

Mod Organizer has the power to change the installation order, as it has a virtual filesystem. It is more advanced, requires more knowhow.

The loadorder (order of plugins) can be changed at any time. (ESM, ESP files) All good mod managers support that. If a mod depens on another (ex: Matchmaker requires the SexLab Framework) it needs to be loaded earlier.

Some things should always be installed first, as overwriting them is not really harmfull (unless you use a bad mod), like USLEEP: Fixes the game and all DLC.

Others need to be last, like XPMSE, a skeleton replacer with support for all the fancy things. Overwriting this can result in loss of animations or just straigh Crash to Desktop.

To be sure a mod will show up, install it after others / never overwrite it.

NMM also asks you if you want to overwrite files if they already exist.

Mod description/readme have information for install and order if something special is required.

This is just a basic writeup. Many tutorial exists in both written form and videos.

"When" something is installed only matters if some things overwrite others. Also called installation order.

Normally not changeable as mod manager copy files into the Skyrim Folder.

NMM (Nexus Mod Manager) will ask if a file might be overwritten.

Mod Organizer has the power to change the installation order, as it has a virtual filesystem. It is more advanced, requires more knowhow.

The loadorder (order of plugins) can be changed at any time. (ESM, ESP files) All good mod managers support that. If a mod depens on another (ex: Matchmaker requires the SexLab Framework) it needs to be loaded earlier.

Some things should always be installed first, as overwriting them is not really harmfull (unless you use a bad mod), like USLEEP: Fixes the game and all DLC.

Others need to be last, like XPMSE, a skeleton replacer with support for all the fancy things. Overwriting this can result in loss of animations or just straigh Crash to Desktop.

To be sure a mod will show up, install it after others / never overwrite it.

NMM also asks you if you want to overwrite files if they already exist.

Mod description/readme have information for install and order if something special is required.

Oh okay, so in USLEEPS' case I would install it first and XMPSE I can install first too but NOT let mods overwrite files of it?

my install guide for SexLab & MNC can be found here:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3524-sexlab-more-nasty-critters-install-guide/

most of the time Custom Bodies can be installed whenever you want.

but if your super new or want to use a mod manager you should go to youtube and watch some videos first.

Eg. videos like this one:

Archived