First follower bugs.

roohx

Hey guys! So... I'm trying to make my first follower, in fact, I already did it, but I have  two problems.

First: I can't make my follower stop to follow me. She keep following me when I dismiss her in EFF, i cant dismiss her by her menu cause the option dont appear. 

Second: I cant make her relax (EFF), when i click "relax", she just keep on the same place, dont walk around and interact with things. 

So... How i can fix this problems in CK?

Test your follower without EFF or any other add-on mod FIRST, and be sure she has the normal follow dialogs.

If she still won't go home when you tell her to "part ways", then you need to go back into the CK and check that you did in fact create her correctly.

Here's one tutorial that should help.  It's written by CPU, and it's done in plain, easy to understand language, and it's not a video, so it won't be confusing.

If you run through the steps in that as a sort of checklist, and your follower still isn't working, feel free to zip her and upload her to your post.  I'll download her and take a look at her myself.  Goodness knows I've spent my share of hours debugging followers, so maybe I can help.

But definitely try CPU's tute first, because you may find you just left out one small step and you can fix things easily.

Test your follower without EFF or any other add-on mod FIRST, and be sure she has the normal follow dialogs.

If she still won't go home when you tell her to "part ways", then you need to go back into the CK and check that you did in fact create her correctly.

Here's one tutorial that should help.  It's written by CPU, and it's done in plain, easy to understand language, and it's not a video, so it won't be confusing.

If you run through the steps in that as a sort of checklist, and your follower still isn't working, feel free to zip her and upload her to your post.  I'll download her and take a look at her myself.  Goodness knows I've spent my share of hours debugging followers, so maybe I can help.

But definitely try CPU's tute first, because you may find you just left out one small step and you can fix things easily.

Idk from where i can start... 
First I tried to unistall EFF, but it doesnt work. I thought it might have been a bug generated by EFF, so I tried using saves before I recruited her, when I tried to call her with the mod "are you there?" I realized she did not show up on the actor list and I remembered something interesting: I had already called her with "are you there" when I was testing her appearance, so I came back in the save that I called her and to my surprise, in that save she appeared on the list. 

But it does not end here. In this save, and only in it, the functions of recruiting and dismissing worked perfectly. 
I tried to return VARIOUS SAVES, I tried to advance the saves, and none worked, she only works and appears in the list of this single save, it is as if she had fixed on it. I can not explain what is happening. 

Yes, I'm sure she's in the game, I can still call her via console, but I can not call her by "are you there" and she only works right in the save where she are displayed on the list.

I believe that "are you there" is giving us some hint, it is possible that the follower bug and the fact that she does not appear in the list of actors is interconnected. 

Any idea? Sry for my english.

If you can't uninstall EFF any other way, do it manually.  Go into your Steam > ... Skyrim > Data folder and remove the ESP and the BSA if there is one.  Look in the Data > Scripts folder and remove all PSC and PEX files associated with EFF.  Check the Interface, SKSE, SEQ, Meshes, and Texture files for anything associated with EFF and remove it.

If you got it through subscription at Steam, unsubscribe, and check your Skyrim > Data folder to be sure there are no files from it remaining.  If you installed it with NMM or MO, then search your computer's main drive (Usually the C: drive) for any files related to EFF, and remove them by either moving them to a folder on your desktop, or deleting them.

You don't need save cleaners or anything of that nature.  Simply remove all EFF files from your Data directory in one of the above ways.

However, you don't necessarily have to uninstall EFF.  You DO have to start a new, clean game to test your follower. 

So, either uninstall EFF ... OR ... uncheck it in your load order.

Then start a new game by opening the console and typing COC GuardianStones

That puts you in a relatively safe location to start a new game.  Find your follower -- do NOT use a mod to locate her.  Go to the location in-game where you placed her.  You can Fast Travel to her, or to a location near her, but -- DON'T COC to her and DON'T use "moveto player" or any mod that moves her to you.  That prevents the game from loading her correctly, and that may be the whole trouble right there.  So get to her by FTing close to her and walking to her.

Activate her. 

You should see a line of dialogue that says "Follow me, I need your help" or something similar to that.  Tell her to follow you, and then Fast Travel to a relatively safe location, such as a hold stable, or if nothing else, step inside the nearest building.  This forces a change of your location, and an "update" of the fact that you now have this follower.

Activate your follower again.  She should have the usual "Wait here", "I need you to do something", "I need to trade some things with you", and "I think we should part ways" dialogues.

Tell her to Part Ways; she should say something along the lines of "Back home is where you'll find me" or something of that nature.  Walk out of the building, or Fast Travel to another location.  She should have been dismissed.

If she wasn't, then you know the error has something to do with how she was created in the CK.

Open the CK and load your follower mod, making sure you have selected it as the Active Plugin.

Once the CK is loaded, open the Actors menu in the Object Window, and find your follower.

Make sure she has the proper Factions.  She must have -1 Current Follower Faction and 0 Player Follower Faction.  (She may optionally have 0 Potential Marriage Faction)

Make sure she has the proper Relationships.  You should have created a relationship that says something like "MyFollowerRelationship".  The "Parent" should be her, the "Child" should be Player, the "Relationship" should be at least Ally.  (You can leave the "Association" at None.)

Make sure she has the proper AI Package.  If you didn't create one for her, do that now.

Make sure she has the proper VOICE TYPE.  **Not all vanilla voices actually work for followers or Spouses**  Your follower must have one of the voices from the FormList "VoicesFollowerAll" or "VoicesFollowerNeutral". 

If you made a custom voice for her, then YOU MUST ADD THAT VOICE to one or both of these formlists.  Failing to do that will prevent her from behaving like a follower.  Here's a tutorial about adding a custom voice.  Note, this is not a mod, it's a tutorial.

If all of those things are correct, start another new game.  Don't load an old save, and don't load any save you might have made on the previous test.

Test her again, the same way.  COC GuardianStones and then walk or FT to the cell you put her into.  Recruit her, FT or enter a building, and dismiss her.

If that STILL doesn't work, come back to your thread here, and we'll keep working on it.

You got me wrong. I uninstalled the EFF and tested it without it, but it still did not work, it made no difference. 

In any case, I tried with a new save and found her, I checked the list of actors of "are you there" and she was there, soon after, I tried with the same new save and I did not find her again. I checked the list of actors of "are you there" again and she was not on the list anymore. So, I open CK and I put her spawn elsewhere (Temple of kynareth), I went there with the new save and I found her again on the new location, I checked the list of actors and now there were two of her. I tried to use my old save, went to the temple and I did not find her, checked the list of actors and realized that there was only one of her, so I went to the first place she was and found her there working perfectly.

In any case,I conclude that if she does not appear on the "are you there" list of actors, it means she's not showing up in the cells.

What could be causing this? Is there a way to solve it? Leave two of her in different locations could be a good solution?

You will really want to have it if you do anything with ck so you can quickly check and fix any mistakes  made while using ck, also very useful for checking load order and mod compatibility.

I have TES5Edit, but idk from where to start. I load the mod and i dont know whta to do. ;-;

I've got a feeling the "Are you there" mod may be what's causing you the issue.  Try un-checking (or uninstalling) that one briefly, and start a new game, then go to the cell your follower starts out in.

I can't stress enough -- NEW GAME.  Particularly if you've ever been inside that particular temple before -- Skyrim is buggier than a cave full of chaurus.  It will "remember" crap you never actually did, and bake things into saves that only major surgery can undo.

As far as TESEdit, I can't really help you on that because I almost never use it.  (I don't like it, and have always found its creators to be nasty when asked for help.)  Aside from that, I prefer to clean mods the way Bethesda meant them to be cleaned, through the CK.  That's a lot easier than using TESEdit.

The one advantage TESEdit does have, is what RW mentioned.  If there's a mod conflict, supposedly TESEdit will show it.  You'll have to go either HERE or HERE and read the instructions.  There should be links to follow which can help you discover what, if anything, is conflicting with your follower.  This page may also help you.

Now, if TESEdit doesn't show any conflicts, you could try allowing it to "clean" your mod.  That's risky though, because it will often "clean" deliberate changes.  (For instance, it has been known to "clean" the MarriageQuest, by removing the changes that were made to FIX it and stop spouses from somehow deciding to live at the Temple of Mara.)  So make sure you have a backup copy of your mod before you "clean" it.

If all THAT doesn't work... I'm stumped, so all I can say is, zip and upload your mod, and I'll download it and see if I can figure it out myself.  My load order is really short -- I use very few mods, and I use no mods which change NPCs (except SOS) or change cells other than the Hearthfire homes.  So it's usually easy for me to troubleshoot a mod.

Don't worry, I don't "judge" people's content.  I just try to help.  And I'll admit, I'm now intrigued by your problem, because from what you say,  your mod *should* be working.

When you open tesedit, right click in the panel with the mod list and check select all then press ok and wait until it finishes loading everything. You will know when the message in the right panel says finished. In the left panel scroll until you find your esp and expand it, select cell and expand it, if any text is in red then another mod is also editing that cell further down your list. If it is green then you are good and there is another reason your npc doesn't spawn there, but you can also use tesedit by right click on your mod esp in left pane and select check for errors, this will tell you if any id's are incorrect or references are missing/invalid.

If another mod is conflicting move your mod below it for testing then you can make a patch later to make them work together once you are satisfied with your follower setup.

Even with the "are you there" uninstalled the problem persist. I tested with three different new games, sometimes she appears, sometimes not.

I did not find any errors in the cells, but I found erros in "race" and "haircolor" (wut?). 

post-1894814-0-85769100-1492572921_thumb.jpg

post-1894814-0-94829500-1492572922_thumb.jpg

post-1894814-0-77501500-1492572923_thumb.jpg

All that dialogue is that your follower? If so that is most likely all of your problems with your follower, the hair color overwrites should be very easy to sort out later if you even need to probably not a big deal at all. Custom dialogue with follower will often cause problems with eff or other follower behavior mods unless you edit the scripts to work with the other mods. That is beyond me to help you with I just stick with vanilla follower system to avoid the extra work and unless you have a lot of custom dialogue or sounds it's not necessary.

If you click on the top slot of attack under the update panel and drag it to the right into your follower it will then ask to make update a master and add that to your mod, not a cause of your problem and completely up to you if you want to do it.

I did not make any kind of alterations in the dialogues, they are 100% vanilla. The biggest problem now is the fact that she appears in the cell sometimes yes and sometimes not.

Also, i'll try to fix this errors, because I simple dont have another erros. .-.

Archived