Deleting armor parts with Outfit Studio

Zhao

I used to simply import the xxx_0.nif file, delete the parts, export the file and then do the same with the xxx_1.nif

Don't know if this is the proper way to go, but it worked most of time. But now I always have the issue that with the modified outfit my character looks like this:

u4SeJ7rq.jpg

Same with the feet and neck.

Anyone able to help me with this?

I dunno if this will work but I had the same thing happen to some of my ADEC Armors and I simply rebuilt the Bodyslide files for the outfit and it went away. Unfortunately, of course, rebuilding it in Bodyslide will reset the .nif files that you were editing back to their normal appearance. Perhaps a second or third try might yield better results? Bodyslide & Outfit Studio can act strange sometimes even with the latest update.

If you're using bodyslide there is no need to edit the _0 _1 files as you can edit the single nif in the shape data folder and it will build with your changes. 

When you edit the nifs in the mesh folder post bodyslide by deleting parts you could have deleted the part that contains the string data for the tri files that allow the shape adjustments and you will end up with messed up body parts which may be what you are seeing there. Make sure before you delete something it does not contain the niextrastringdata unless you add it back to another part that you don't delete. It's much easier to edit only in the shape data folder of bodyslide to avoid that problem completely.

Is the outfit/armor a older outfit/armor? If you are not sure you can try this first click start new project then select the body you want and next select the outfit/armor nif and load it up. If it's a newer body both bodies will match up if it's a older body with body and armor will not match up. To fix it you could adjust the outfit/armor placement on the new body then adjust the body size to fit. After everything is where it is suppose to be at export it with reference. Once that is done then you can redo the nif so that you have a _0 and a _1 file. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you're using bodyslide there is no need to edit the _0 _1 files as you can edit the single nif in the shape data folder and it will build with your changes.

That's probably the solution, but how exactly do I do this?

I imported, edited and exported the nif file in outfit studio. Then I opened bodyslide, selected the armor and clicked "build". I checked the preview and it looked as it should. But ingame the armor is still unedited. So what did I do wrong?

When you imported did you use an armor that had already been built through bodyslide, you still can run into the problem of having tri file paths in there if you do that.

Check output path of your built armor, check that the file name was saved correctly since if you hit save as with a project in bodyslide that you built from an existing _0 or _1 nif file it will add those extra numbers to the file name.

If none of that then check the armors esp and verify the file names and that is has weight slider enabled.

Archived