Solsthiem Boat Glitch

This is nothing new to anyone who has had Skyrim since the beginning, but it has been plaguing my game for a few years now and I'm getting kind of annoyed. What happens is, when I go to talk to the boat captain who takes your character to Raven Rock, instead of a cut scene of the boat leaving Windhelm and sailing up to Raven Rock (which is what I used to get), the screen goes black and then begins to fade in again, except my character is stuck floating in mid air at the docks with no way to take control, I can pause the game and move around the pause menu, and I can watch the "welcoming party" approach the docks and say their lines, but I can't do anything else. I was able to find a workaround using console commands, but I would much rather have the cut scene back if possible, unfortunately it seems to be glitched and causing problems. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had figured out what was causing the glitch and had fixed it yet. I am running the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Patch, which was supposed to fix the issue if I remember correctly, but that hasn't been the case for me for a few years now.

Any information or advice on this would be appreciated.

The same glitch has recently also occurred in my game (although the first time since my install of DB), with the latest USLEEP installed.

For my case, I could avoid the bug by re-loading earlier save in the Candlehearth Hall of Windhelm, not in the harbor.

Apparently my game could not handle too many script of DB main quest line/ too many data in Raven Rock. 
Reverting the settlement of Raven Rock back almost to vanilla state also seemed to work for me, 

but I'm not sure whether there was a decisive 'culprit' of the bug.

Anything that updates the player character, runs an animation or does a cell scan either on cell transition or just at intervals will break that scene.

I've had a number of mods in my game that do things like that, even before it became an issue in my game though. Still I wonder if something must have changed with one of the mods I use, or if a mod that I have installed since then is causing the issue.

Archived