Save Game Files

Trykz

Yep, you read it right.

I'm requesting your save game files for use in my race mods. And here's why:

when building a custom race, it's always best to use brand new presets to really display what is possible to achieve with the mod. Now doing this isn't really a hard process, but it is VERY time consuming. Because in order to build 10 fresh presets, you basically need to create 10 characters from the base of the new race and then fully customize them so they can be exported as .npc files to be re-imported into the presets in the Creation Kit.

Using saved game files (regardless of the race), can potentially knock days of development time from a race mod with a few simple console commands. And once Dawnguard launches, I'll be releasing new races like crazy (this DLC has WAAAAAAY to much cool stuff to pass on), and at a rate of one or two a week. And I would MUCH rather spend days customizing the overall mod, as opposed to spending days customizing single presets.

AAAAANNNNNDDDDD...... it's an opportunity for you guys to show off, as well as put your own personal touch into one of my race mods :D

So there's my request, and thanks for reading.....

PS: if you can post a screenie of the character in the file, that would be awesome ;)

Trykz

hmmm cant u for example upload/list all the files needed to make char saves? like give the DL link of the race without presets, chosen ones make some saves and send u, u choose the best ones and add, tho these are my thoughts, all this depends on u ;p

hmmm cant u for example upload/list all the files needed to make char saves? like give the DL link of the race without presets' date=' chosen ones make some saves and send u, u choose the best ones and add, tho these are my thoughts, all this depends on u ;p

[/quote']

Well, I don't release anything until it's finished and fully tested by me personally.

But I don't want the saves for specific race mods. Basically, I'll sort a screenshot/save file folder, and then later pick which saves best fit into which races as I build them.

Trykz

sow i send u some saves and thats all? thing is most gamers uses different parts from cosmetic/face mods' date=' so we need to list things used too?

[/quote']

Nope.

When I load a save (even of a race I don't use/have), the first thing I do is switch it to the base race it's derived from. The facial structure is what's important, not really things like makeup, hair, etc..

Most times a save file loads faceless. But the second I switch to the base race, it shows right up. And after that is when I do my thing making the face.npc file for import to a preset :D

Trykz

Does it matter what mods I had installed when I saved the savegame? I probably have a whole bunch of different characters in a backup folder somewhere.

Nope.

As I said, the very first thing I do is reset the base race so the essentials show up (if any are missing).

Trykz

Guest Vendayn

Does it matter what mods I had installed when I saved the savegame? I probably have a whole bunch of different characters in a backup folder somewhere.

(edit)

I see you beat me to the past post. But, my question was a bit different.

(end edit)

Along this line...I have a save with barely any mods active (however it does have Live Another Life). Which, will likely cause a CTD without it. Since, it is saved in the interior of a custom room, that comes with the mod. If that is a problem, I can just go in and move the character out.

Also...does it matter if there is a custom head/face texture? I use CBBBLE and it has a different head mesh (I think) and different textures. So, it may look completely different...don't know if you are looking more for vanilla looking characters or what. Or if it matters at all.

Along this line...I have a save with barely any mods active (however it does have Live Another Life). Which' date=' will likely cause a CTD without it. Since, it is saved in the interior of a custom room, that comes with the mod. If that is a problem, I can just go in and move the character out.

Also...does it matter if there is a custom head/face texture? I use CBBBLE and it has a different head mesh (I think) and different textures. So, it may look completely different...don't know if you are looking more for vanilla looking characters or what. Or if it matters at all.

[/quote']

The only thing that matters is the location. The save cannot be in any custom cell/location. I have LAL, but I'm not using it at the moment, because I use the Asteria for all my race mods.

If it's not too much trouble moving the character, another indoor location would be great, since the racemenu doesn't play very nice outdoors. Whiterun's temple is a great spot with good lighting as well ;)

Trykz

Guest Vendayn
Along this line...I have a save with barely any mods active (however it does have Live Another Life). Which' date=' will likely cause a CTD without it. Since, it is saved in the interior of a custom room, that comes with the mod. If that is a problem, I can just go in and move the character out.

[/quote']

The only thing that matters is the location. The save cannot be in any custom cell/location. I have LAL, but I'm not using it at the moment, because I use the Asteria for all my race mods.

If it's not too much trouble moving the character, another indoor location would be great, since the racemenu doesn't play very nice outdoors. Whiterun's temple is a great spot with good lighting as well ;)

Trykz

Here you go. I posted this character in my CBBBLE thread too, but figured it would make a good preset for you to use, or whatever.

Let me know if it doesn't work, since I didn't deactivate every mod part of the save. Not sure if that will matter or not.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fpunf14jlk7v6sp

Also, the screenshot isn't a 100% exact match. But, you said color didn't matter. So, that shouldn't be a problem. The only physical thing different between the screenshot and the save character, is I used different eyebrows.

Also, the character is a Nord.

if i will manage to create fresh' date='almost modless char without CTDing on every step then i'll upload save, current saves are so messed up that no use of them

[/quote']

Sounds good jan, thanks :)

Trykz

Guest Vendayn

Thanks :) I'm glad to see that the character doesn't look different really than the original. And I'm glad I can help. Definitely would fit in the Dovahteens mod, since she is supposed be more of a teen than an adult.

This is what happens when I load a save from a race mod I don't use:

Racechange01.jpg

Every race mod is based upon a vanilla race. Once you know what that base race is, you simply switch to that race, and the face pops right into view :)

Unfortunately, the save I got this from is no good to me, because character save faces won't remain once you switch cells, unless you have the race mod it was built in. This character was a Temptress before I switched it. I don't use that race (mostly because it has no vampire option), so the save is trash now. But I get to keep the face regardless since it's extracted to my Skyrim directory :P

Trykz

So. Here what I could save from my first install. You may notice some have no or weird hair. That's because I had a different hair mod installed back then.

Annike - Nord

scaled.php?server=585&filename=scrsannike.jpg&res=landing

Clenora - Dark Elf

scaled.php?server=26&filename=scrsclenora.jpg&res=landing

Diana

scaled.php?server=6&filename=scrsdiana.jpg&res=landing

Eliaseri - Wood Elf

scaled.php?server=688&filename=scrseliaseri2.jpg&res=landing

Ertiprex - Dark Elf

scaled.php?server=543&filename=scrsertiprex.jpg&res=landing

Esmeralda

scaled.php?server=28&filename=scrsesmeralda.jpg&res=landing

Kelly

scaled.php?server=18&filename=scrskelly.jpg&res=landing

Kreegana - Breton

scaled.php?server=17&filename=scrskreegana.jpg&res=landing

Okko - Nord

scaled.php?server=694&filename=scrsokkoe.jpg&res=landing

Red Arrow - Redguard (Maybe a contestant for the guardian challenge too) ;)

scaled.php?server=52&filename=scrsredarrow.jpg&res=landing

Shub - Orc

scaled.php?server=521&filename=scrsshub.jpg&res=landing

Sombre - Frost Elf (Obviously a newer character)

scaled.php?server=688&filename=scrssombre.jpg&res=landing

Tabitha - Wood Elf

scaled.php?server=811&filename=scrstabitha.jpg&res=landing

Thelse - Nord

scaled.php?server=171&filename=scrsthelse.jpg&res=landing

Triella - Wood Elf

scaled.php?server=440&filename=scrstriella.jpg&res=landing

SAVEGAMES

Archived