NPC Appearance Swapping

Alright, I have never touched mod creation in my life. I don't have the creation kit or nifskope, or extractors or various other utilities. 

In short, what I want to do:

1. Use this follower's appearance

Sunya
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61830/?
(I am fairly certain she only comes with a BSA and an ESP file, if that helps)

and place that appearance on this follower

Sofia
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54527/?
(I know Sofia's install places files in the actual data folder)

2. After that's set I want the follower to use the same body type and skin texture my PC uses. (I'm assuming I can prolly just manually copy/paste the appropriate files when it comes to that)

What I am humbly asking you, the denizens of this glorious site, is what tools am I gonna need to pull this off, and how am I gonna do it? I'm not asking for someone to do it for me. I'm not even asking if someone could write a detailed step-by-step guide (though it'd be much appreciated). All I am asking is if one of you can provide appropriate links on how to do this, or advice from someone who's done this before. My google-fu has failed me and all I get in search results are creating your own stuff from scratch.

Thank you very much for any help you can throw my way.

a bsa/ba2 archive extractor...

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/78/?

Then extract the head from the mesh folder and the tint from the texture folder...

Should be something like: Data\Meshes\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\ (esp name) \ multi digit id.nif

And Data\Textures\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\ (esp name) \ multi digit id.dds and multi digit id.tga

The (esp name) is the actual folder name.

The multi digit id is the actual head nif and texture sets.

Copy those from the first follower mods bsa file into the correct folder for the second follower.

Note: you may need to adjust the followers weight inside the esp to match with the neck seam on the head.

And yes to get the Follower to use the same textures sets you use just copy them into the folder (as long as they use the same body type ie cbbe with cbbe textures and unp with unp textures).

You can also change the followers shape if you want (both naked and clothed if they come with there own outfits)... but it can get a little complicated (usually involves bodyslide's outfit studio and converting from the one shape back to the base cbbe/uunp shape then converting from the base cbbe/uunp shape to your preferred shape....

I would proceed with switching to MO and then doing it. Because once it's done you can take the virtual file and compress it as your version of sofia for yourself and it will always be easy to to install with MO from there without the hassle of digging through the data folder tintmask and facegeom.

Ok, so do I extract all the various nif and dds files and replace each one individually?

Or is the multi digit file the only thing I copy in and delete everything else?

(I literally have no idea what I'm doing)

All you have to do (no messing with files or anything) is get this script for TES5Edit and follow the instructions. It's super easy and fun. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64875/?

I meant the manual process. I got the NPC transfer mod to work, but I'd prefer to learn how to manually make this work. That way I can make pretty much any follower look how I want whenever I want.

Also, tried to get MO to work. Couldn't do it. Followed every process of the STEP guides and it just... ugh. So I'm down to manually installing/editing or using NMM again.

Archived