CTD when attempting to load saves. Any help appreciated.

So, I've been out of this stuff for several years and decided to get back into it about a week or so ago. I've spent pretty much the entirety of that time trying to get my desired mods to function properly, and yet it seems I'm unable to do so. I've put in quite a few hours trying to research these things myself, and every time I think I've figured out the problem, it turns out I was wrong and start all over again. 

Which leads me here. I've come to accept that I'm not going to be able to figure this out on my own, so I'm hopeful that someone here will be kind enough to point me in the right direction.

My most recent assumption was that my issue was caused from having too many animations loaded as it primarily seemed to occur when enabling creatures in Sexlab or when trying to register my animation in SLAL. I've cut my list down, went through the reregistration process and seemed to have some success as a result. I was able to load my game for awhile, went through the process of setting up my mods in MCM, ect, and as long as I forced reregistration first in Sexlab, then in SLAL, Estrus+, and creature framework, then I'd be able to get the save to load again. But even this isn't working for me now, and the saves I was able to load previously aren't loading anymore. 

Obviously something is wrong on my end as this shouldn't be happening. I know I'm using a lot of mods, but the research I've put into it suggests they play nice with each other. I've reduced the number of animations registered in Sexlab so that they're well within the limits. I've run Loot and updated FNIS so that should be fine. Am I just being stupid and missing something obvious? I'm attaching the papyrus log so maybe someone that understands it can find what my problem is. I'm just not sure at this point and can use some help to find the right direction.

Papyrus.0.log

Admittedly have not even looked at the papyrus log yet, but they are mostly useless.

Give us a mod list and what not, then people can have a go at it.

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=0

Update.esm=1

Dawnguard.esm=1

HearthFires.esm=1

Dragonborn.esm=1

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp=1

Falskaar.esm=1

SexLab.esm=1

SexLabAroused.esm=1

Devious Devices - Assets.esm=1

ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1

MiasLair.esp=1

Devious Devices - Integration.esm=1

Devious Devices - Expansion.esm=1

CreatureFramework.esm=1

ApachiiHair.esm=1

hdtHighHeel.esm=1

Devious Attributes.esm=1

RaceCompatibility.esm=1

Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm=1

ScocLB.esm=1

HighResTexturePack01.esp=0

HighResTexturePack02.esp=0

HighResTexturePack03.esp=0

SkyUI.esp=1

FNIS.esp=1

RaceMenu.esp=1

RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp=1

XPMSE.esp=1

SOSRaceMenu.esp=1

RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp=1

UIExtensions.esp=1

EstrusChaurus.esp=1

zzEstrus.esp=1

Auto Unequip Ammo.esp=1

NewmillerPiercings3.esp=1

NewmillerPiercings2.esp=1

Remodeled Armor - Underwear.esp=1

Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp=1

Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp=1

SD Cages.esp=1

xazPrisonOverhaul.esp=1

xazPrisonOverhaul - Patch.esp=1

Book of UUNP Iron And Steel.esp=1

Trapped in Rubber.esp=1

zThingsInDark.esp=1

Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp=1

SexLab_DibellaCult.esp=1

Captured Dreams.esp=1

SexLabNudeCreatures.esp=1

SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp=1

SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp=1

HentaiCreatures.esp=1

SexLab More Creatures.esp=1

Tiwa44_Minidresses.esp=1

Tiwa44_Minidresses_Dragonborn.esp=1

Differently Ebony.esp=1

LadyHorusTERA_CastanicHornsStandalone.esp=1

LadyHorus_TERA.esp=1

SlaveTats.esp=1

MoreNastyCritters.esp=1

SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp=1

SLAnimLoader.esp=1

SLALAnimObj.esp=1

Beastess Forsworn.esp=1

Immersive Arousal.esp=1

Convenient Horses.esp=1

dcpack1.esp=1

Devious Devices - Equip.esp=1

XiNafay - Shoes.esp=1

SexLabDBBeds.esp=1

FootIKOffSpell.esp=1

SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp=1

Armbinders_With_Hands.esp=1

Angeli Devious Expansion.esp=1

Brawl Bugs CE.esp=1

pchs_loansharks.esp=1

SGEyebrows.esp=1

LearnAlchemyFromRecipes.esp=1

sandboxcylinderheight.esp=1

Better Vampires.esp=1

VL No AoE Drain.esp=1

Cloaks.esp=1

Run For Your Lives.esp=1

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp=1

SexLab Beastess.esp=1

DeviouslyHelpless.esp=1

Visibility.esp=1

FMEA Skyrim.esp=1

DD - Interactions.esp=1

AliciaPainSlut.esp=1

Deviously Cursed Loot.esp=1

sanguinesDebauchery.esp=1

SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp=1

SimpleSlavery.esp=1

PetCollar.esp=1

SexLab_Dialogues.esp=1

Midas Magic Expanded.esp=1

Sexlab_Vampire.esp=1

Devious Deviants.esp=1

S_L_U_T_S.esp=1

Deviously Enslaved.esp=1

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp=1

SOS - Shop.esp=1

LoversComfort.esp=1

FNISspells.esp=1

Sneak Tools.esp=1

Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp=1

Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp=1

submissivelola.esp=1

SexLab-Parasites.esp=1

Beastess Vampire.esp=1

My Home Is Your Home.esp=1

Wings.esp=1

Strap.esp=1

SexLab_DibellaCult_Sisters.esp=1

SexLabDangerousNights2.esp=1

SexLabStopCombat.esp=1

SlaveTatsEventsBridge.esp=1

Elewin Pumps 2.esp=1

SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp=1

FISS.esp=1

Key20 - Chastity.esp=1

ScoclbQuestSexlab.esp=1

IcePenguinWorldMap.esp=1

UNP - Academy Dropout.esp=1

UNP - Black Vinyl Strap.esp=1

NightasyBondageArmor.esp=1

UNP - Fence Net Body Set.esp=1

UNP - Leather Cami and Boy Shorts.esp=1

maidToOrder.esp=1

UNP - Smithy Sex.esp=1

UNP - Snap Up Booty Shorts and Top.esp=1

UNP - SWAT Hottie.esp=1

ContinueGameNoCrash.esp=1

Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp=1

Neo's Selene.esp=1

SD Addons.esp=1

Aradia Devious Expansion.esp=1

NIOVHH.esp=1

Gamefever 1st Person Items Fix.esp=1

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1

ImmerSlave.esp=1

Alternate Start - Live A Deviant Life.esp=1

Devious Bashnag.esp=1

Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp=1

I am using HDT Skeleton, yes. It's unfortunate to hear that might be part of the problem, but I'm seeing so many conflicting reports when it comes to other reports. A lot of people suggest it's animations considering enabling them through SLAL or enabling creatures in Sexlab appears to create the issue, even though that may not be the actual culprit. Others suggest there's a limit to the number of MCM menus, heavy script mods, and even a few suggestions for specific mods. I've seen quite a few references to Captured dreams, though they were from older posts and I'm not sure it would still be the case. It's going to be one of the next steps I try, though I'd prefer to be able to keep it if possible. 

The last thing I just tried was the "crash fixes" patch thing, and while it hasn't enabled me to load my previous saves, it so far has allowed me to go through all the previous steps which led to crashes before. I'm not yet certain it's resolved though, as I've believed I've found and resolved this issue multiple times to this point only to find out I was wrong each time, so I'm expecting that to repeat itself here soon enough.

Even still, I've seen mod lists from others that are much larger than mine that seem to run just fine, which leads me to believe there's still something specifically wrong with mine and I'd love help identifying it to save me headaches down the line. Thank you for any help you can provide. <3

Fairly easy, this one happens to me. Dunno if this will help or not, but my problem;

-load new game, fine
-load a save, not so fine
-save games in script or NPC heavy area (Bloody Whiterun as an example) do not load without CTDF

-save games work in a small area, like a shop or dungeon, but as save file gets bigger, less stability, so don't load.

So these days, two easy solutions

1) Keep a "base save". I use LAL so I have a fresh new game save in the prison looking at the Mara statue. Basically, loaded the game, made a character called "test", set up my mods and tweak them the way I want...boom. Anytime I want to roll a new character, I use racemenu, and don't need to spend an hour+ configuring a ridiculous number of settings. The added benefit is, if I load my "test" base save, then load one of the saves that would CTD before, it does not CTD if I load a save AFTER loading the base save. What's going on here? IDK! ceebs looking into logs to figure it out! But I do know that my dead saves work if I load my lvl1 character, and then load my save I want. It is a workaround that just keeps on working for me (biggest save file is a lvl 73 mage, lots of ingame time, CTD if I load that file first, works everytime if I load base file first)

2) start a new game (assuming you have LAL or something like it, not vanilla start). Load the save you require after hitting enter through the character menu. Hopefully will have same effect, and avoid CTD.

Posting this up because I know it's a workaround, but it works for me. I have a lot of animations too ;P and I don't know if our problem is related.

But when I read "the saves I was able to load previously aren't loading anymore.", I know that pain and that issue, the above is how I get around it, and I hope that your issue is the same so the above may help you get around it too! Otherwise, fingers crossed for you ;P HTH!

-edit- looking at your mod list, there are some...interesting choices that I feel conflict with each other. As in; the content in some of those is available/clashes with the content in others, and I feel you could have more system resources to run it all if you took some of them off; that is up to you to narrow it down though ;)

ContinueGameNoCrash.esp I've never used, but since it comes into play when loading saves, may not be helping?

Play around with your mods. You should be able to cull some from your list, whilst still providing some of the content you are after ;3 good luck!

-Multiedit- I would strongly though recommend a base save just due to the number of mods you have. Loading a new game, and setting them all up the way you want, must take forever. Set the sliders to what you want in your mods, make a save, will make life soooo much easier if you have save corruption or get bored and want a new character. Trust me from experience; will save you hours xD lol

@way2co0l_2003

This won't be of much help BUT have you tried making a new profile (for whatever organizer you use) and NOT loading any mods at all?

What I mean is start a new game without any mods installed.  Do the vanilla Helgen thing and when you get inside the keep make a new save.  Once you have that save it should load without issues, not matter what kinds of mods you have installed.  That was the only solution I could find to use the old saves I had after Steam updated my Skyrim for their paid modding scheme.  Steam updated the game, changed the ssce5432.ddl and steam_api.ddl...and no save I had would load after that.  It took removing everything and starting a new game to get rid of the 'crash-for-no-fucking-reason' glitch.  I still get that once in a while and loading the clean save I have in Helgen Keep works.

I know this is not ideal or a true fix but it was the only way I could get the damn game to get past the loading screen and into the game itself.  Once inside the game loading the save I wanted to play always worked.

I definitely appreciate the reply, and I probably should have provided more details on the steps I've already tried up to this point to save you time on that. I'm sorry for that. But yeah, that was one of the steps I've already researched and had attempted the workarounds for it. I think loading the area qasmoke or something like that was one of them. Starting a new game and loading your normal game was another. The third option was to download the mod "continue game no crash" which does the same thing for you. Those didn't work for me. 

I've recently gone through on a fresh game on a clean wipe of the game. Taking great pains in the order I installed my mods and being careful on what should overwrite what. I trimmed a lot of stuff. And I say this with at least a fair amount of confidence that I don't think it's a matter of how many mods I'm using, the amount of content or script heaviness. I've trimmed it down heavily but it consistently seems to be an issue with animations buggering everything up. I realize that the animations themselves may not be the actual problem, and simply the tipping point, but removing all those other mods appeared to make no difference. I could still load into games just fine, activate mods just fine, right up until I attempted to activate my SLAL animations. Removing some animation mods allowed me to do that, but would instead crash the moment I'd try to activate creatures in Sexlab. Up to this point, those are the 2 points I consistently come to, and I have not yet been able to find a way to make it work where I can have both activated. I've gone through and disabled quite a few of the Sexlabs basic animations in order to make room for the new animations, and that seemed to help at first. It allowed me to get further than anything else I've done. But then I go about activating other mods, and it would crash again unless I went through the process to register the animations all over again. And even that stopped working for me now. 

So yeah, i'm fairly confident the problem has to do with creatures and animations in general, or something in relation to them at the very least. I currently have 435 character and 181 creature animations enabled in Sexlab right now, which is within the defined limits. I could understand if it was a simple issue of that number of animations results in crashes, but others seem to be able to use more than I do just fine, and PC limitations are almost certainly not the issue. At least I doubt it. So that's why I'm looking for another cause. I haven't been able to find it yet myself, but still trying. :)

EDIT: Regarding a base save. I definitely agree and that's what I'm working towards, but I'm trying to find a working modlist first because I've read that it's just as bad to remove mods from an existing game as anything else, so I'd rather work from a solid point that I won't be changing much, if at all. 

You say some of my mods look like there might be conflicts? I'd definitely appreciate any feedback you have on that. I've done quite a bit of research into their compatibility myself, but considering I've only been at this a week, there's only so much I'm able to read for 100+ mods. lol. So if you have input on them, it would potentially save me a ton of time. :)

As for continuegamenocrash. It basically does exactly what you were suggesting. I've tried it both ways, but hasn't helped so my problem is obviously something else. But that doesn't mean it won't still be useful for limiting these problems later, right? :) I'm definitely going to continue messing with everything, and I will eventually figure it out through painstaking trial and error. I'm just hoping a little help will save me from some of it. I've been at this quite genuinely for the past solid week and it's frustrating. 

Another Edit for Kendo. I definitely plan to have a base save to work from. That's for sure. But I need to figure out what I need to do in order to get my modded game to stable point. I can start a new game no problem and load into the LAL area without issue, up until I start activating certain things and then it all goes bad. So trying to figure out what I have to do in order to get it to play nicely together. :)

Well, I don't want to speak too soon, but it looks like the crash fixes patch might have resolved my issue for me. At least it appears so in the immediate sense. I've attempted to replicate the problem since installing it but so far it's been working. That doesn't necessarily mean I don't still have an underlying problem, so I'm still interested in any input anyone has, but as long as this works, I can at least play with my existing setup. :D

Just an update. I'm not entirely positive why, but this appears to have single handedly resolved the issue for me. I've even gone back and reinstalled most of the mods I've trimmed off during previous troubleshooting efforts and so far am able to play the game without any obvious issues. I even managed to go back and clear my sexlab animation suppressed list so that I'm using all my animations that I wasn't able to before. So yeah, it definitely seems to have fixed my issue with this in case anyone else experiences the same issue. I got it from this link: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2551-crash-fixes/

Archived