Game Crashing

Kingmurray

Game keeps Crashing
I just reinstalled skyrim and have been installing mods for a few hours. All has been fine but now i'm crashing when I open my map and will crash if I try and load a save game.

load order/mod list:

0 Skyrim.esm
1 Update.esm
2 Dawnguard.esm
3 HearthFires.esm
4 Dragonborn.esm
5 Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
6 Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
7 ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
8 hdtHighHeel.esm
9 schlongs of Skyrims of Skyrim - Core.esm
10 notice board.esp
11 daymoyl.esm
12 Havok Breast Physic.esm
13 ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
14 HighResTexturePack01.esp
15 HighResTexturePack02.esp
16 HighResTexturePack03.esp
17 Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
18 CalienteVanillaArmorTweaks.esp
19 Character Creation Overhaul.esp
20 RaceMenu.esp
21 RaceMenuPlugin.esp
22 SkyUI.esp
23 iHUD.esp
24 TakeNotes.esp
25 schlongs of Skyrim.esp
26 SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
27 SOSRaceMenu.esp
28 EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
29 ELFX - Exteriors.esp
30 ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
31 ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
32 ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp
33 dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
34 Purewaters.esp
35 Skyrim HD Tribute - Roads.esp
36 Vivid Landscapes.esp
37 Havok Breast Physic.esp
38 DeadlyDragons.esp
39 Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
40 Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
41 dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
42 dD-Reduced Splatter Size.esp
43 dD-Reduced Wound Size.esp
44 Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp
45 aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp
46 Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
47 PrvtI_HeavyArmory.esp
48 aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
49 ETaC - Falkreath.esp
50 ETaC - Dawnstar.esp
51 PWwaterfall.esp
52 ETaC - Riverwood.esp
53 Immersive Orc Strongholds.esp
54 ETaC - Morthal.esp
55 ETaC - Rorikstead.esp
56 ETaC - Dragon Bridge.esp
57 ETaC - Kynesgrove.esp
58 Immersive Whiterun.esp
59 ETaC - Winterhold.esp
60 ETaC - Darkwater Crossing.esp
61 Immersive Solstheim.esp
62 Holidays.esp
63 ETaC - Karthwasten.esp
64 Immersive Stonehills.esp
65 ETaC - Falkreath ELFX Patch.esp
66 Immersive Shors Stone.esp
67 ETaC - Dawnstar Holidays Patch.esp
68 ETaC - Morthal ELFX Patch.esp
69 Immersive Patrols II.esp
70 ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp
71 ETaC - Dawnstar ELFX Patch.esp
72 ETaC - Dragon Bridge Holidays Patch.esp
73 ETaC - Rorikstead Holidays Patch.esp
74 ETaC - Dragon Bridge ELFX Patch.esp
75 ETaC - Riverwood ELFX Patch.esp
76 ETaC - Rorikstead ELFX Patch.esp
77 ETaC - Morthal Holidays Patch.esp
78 ETaC - Whiterun Ext ELFX Patch.esp
79 daymoyl_DawnguardAddon.esp
80 BijinAIO-2016_3.1.1_SV.esp
Bijin Warmaidens.esp <--------------meant to be like that
81 Serana.esp
82 Valerica.esp
83 imp_helm_legend.esp
84 ogDiverseDragons2.esp
85 ogDiverseDragons2 - Deadly Dragons Patch.esp
86 FNIS.esp
87 ETaC - Karthwasten Holidays Patch.esp
88 ETaC - Falkreath Holidays Patch.esp
89 ETaC - Riverwood Holidays Patch.esp
90 ETaC - Winterhold ELFX Patch.esp
91 EmbersHD.esp
92 HDTPhysicsWeaponSling.esp
93 FNIS_PCEA2.esp
94 Havok Breast Physic Dragonborn.esp
95 Havok Breast Physic Dawnguard.esp
96 XPMSE.esp
97 KS Hairdo's.esp
Bijin NPCs.esp<--------------meant to be like that
98 12FemaleBrows.esp
Bijin Wives.esp<--------------meant to be like that
99 iLuvLoading.esp
100 TrueStorms.esp
101 TrueStorms-ClimatesOfTamriel.esp
102 ETaC - Shors Stone ELFX Patch.esp
103 ETaC - Stonehills ELFX Patch.esp
104 ETaC - Karthwasten ELFX Patch.esp
105 ETaC - Kynesgrove ELFX Patch.esp
106 ETaC - Darkwater Crossing ELFX Patch.esp
107 notice board - dragonborn patch.esp
108 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
109 ETaC - Rorikstead AS-LAL Patch.esp

I don't use an ENB currently, I do however use the ENB local files for the enboost memory patch. I have used LOOT to sort the load. 

I can give the papyrus logs if needed too. 

Youre load order looks ok to me. You can use Crash Fixs if you arent already. It requires SKSE Plugin Preloader and perhaps some ini adjusting. Read the descriptions thouroughly.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75795/?

Instead of the Hires Texture packs, you can use Optimized Textures. Looks better and uses less memory and does not need the hires texture unofficial patch.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57353/?

I personally got rid of hdthighheels and disabled xpmse.esp.

hdthigheels is abit heavy and spammy and is old code. Nio is much less heavy on resources and comes included as part of Racemenu. You can convert heels/outfits to use nio also if you care to do the work.

xpmse.esp enabled is needed only if you care about weapon styling on npc's. If you dont care about that. its not needed. You would still have its skeleton.

Disabling it would also clear up errors in papyrus about xpmseweaponstyle.

Saving in crowded/heavily scripted areas is bad. Try to save in small interiors with minimal npcs/scripts.

To help load a troublesome save, you can set:

DataSyncMode=1
PriorityMode=0
or:
DataSyncMode=2
PriorityMode=3
under THREADS in enblocal.ini.

You can use those settings to get to an easier area that you can load from and then set them to 0 and 0 again.. Some say the settings cause stuttering. 1 and 0 work well for me with no stuttering. Depends on PC specs and setup.

In addition to Sladen2019's suggestions, download save game script cleaner to clean up any possible orphan scripts (if necessary): http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

If you use crash fixes, make sure you download this instead: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76776/?

(And I really recommend it)

Download SKSE Plugin Preloader as Sladen suggests, and then activate it through Crash Fixes config file.

Also activate AlignHeapAllocate at the same time.

And set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal.ini

And just a side note, Bijin AIO seems to be missing some npcs for me, so I activated all Bijin esp in addition to the AIO one for possible fixes.

Edit: And one last note, can you expand as to how else your crashes occur???

For example, do you crash when you load a save from main menu?

Use this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78557/

Although, if that were true, I would strongly suggest starting a new clean save. Also try to check if there are any conflicting SKSE plugins in their respective folder. Also try lowering your graphics in Skyrim Settings (launcher) to solve vram issues.

This all comes from personal experience.

In addition to Sladen2019's suggestions, download save game script cleaner to clean up any possible orphan scripts (if necessary): http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

If you use crash fixes, make sure you download this instead: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76776/?

(And I really recommend it)

Download SKSE Plugin Preloader as Sladen suggests, and then activate it through Crash Fixes config file.

Also activate AlignHeapAllocate at the same time.

And set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal.ini

And just a side note, Bijin AIO seems to be missing some npcs for me, so I activated all Bijin esp in addition to the AIO one for possible fixes.

Edit: And one last note, can you expand as to how else your crashes occur???

For example, do you crash when you load a save from main menu?

Use this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78557/

Although, if that were true, I would strongly suggest starting a new clean save. Also try to check if there are any conflicting SKSE plugins in their respective folder. Also try lowering your graphics in Skyrim Settings (launcher) to solve vram issues.

This all comes from personal experience.

i'll give this all a try, thanks.

I can't load any save game from the main menu, if i try it crashes immediately. I can new games fine but as soon as I save, close skyrim, re-open and try to reload a save it crashes. 

**UPDATE**

It didn't work. I installed crash fix, along with plugin preloader, and it still CTD's when I try to load a save game, 

I made sure that the memory patch was still working too. 

I also tried out continue game no crash, i still crashed it just got me further into the loading screen

From the main menu...  Either start a new game... then load one of your old saves..

OR

open the console from the load screen by hitting the tilde button left of the 1.  Type COC QASMOKE

Then load your old save.

This may not help you... but it helps in some cases.

From the main menu...  Either start a new game... then load one of your old saves..

OR

open the console from the load screen by hitting the tilde button left of the 1.  Type COC QASMOKE

Then load your old save.

This may not help you... but it helps in some cases.

Okay, thanks that works. 

Is there not another way to solve this??? I have also been uninstalling some mods, which has no effect from I can tell. 

there's no real solid answer to that...   sometimes it has to do with the number of animations you have which inevitably leads to some footik errors or something like that.   Reducing the number of followers with you.. or loading the autosave immediately after going through a door (before your followers get through) can SOMETIMES let you load.  (I personally feel like this works less often if your character is female)

Really the best method is to open a new game..  let all your junk load up but do not change anything in the MCM.   open the console and make a named save game with all caps.. by typing something like the following:

SAVE SAFELOAD

from then on you can just use this as your go to preloader... to get into your other saves.

Okay, thanks for the help. 

One more thing. Would you know why my game is crashing when i try to open the map?

Are you aware of any mod you recently downloaded that altered map icons or the map itself?

How about any files that edit maps that may have been added to the interface folder?

My best guess atm is that it is conflicting with SkyUI, which edits the map slightly.

Additionally, if loading coc qasmoke works before loading your save, "Continue Game No crash" is meant to save you that time by loading going through that process without any user interference.

One more thing. Would you know why my game is crashing when i try to open the map?

Are you aware of any mod you recently downloaded that altered map icons or the map itself?

How about any files that edit maps that may have been added to the interface folder?

My best guess atm is that it is conflicting with SkyUI, which edits the map slightly.

Additionally, if loading coc qasmoke works before loading your save, "Continue Game No crash" is meant to save you that time by loading going through that process without any user interference.

I managed to fix my problem with loading saves from main menu. It turned out to be the default ENB series file , I installed an ENB and now its fine. 

Yeah I SKYUI I don't think any mods I have alter maps in any way.  I may have used some .ini tweaks but they were suggested by S.T.E.P

I managed to fix my problem with loading saves from main menu. It turned out to be the default ENB series file , I installed an ENB and now its fine. 

Yeah I SKYUI I don't think any mods I have alter maps in any way.  I may have used some .ini tweaks but they were suggested by S.T.E.P

Have you used BethINI before?

Archived