Conan Exiles Wishlist (Patches/Mods)

Randomwower

Conan exiles is a great opportunity, and it has quite a bit of potential. While modding has problems in early phases, specifically the ability to become horribly outdated, let's compile some ideas of what everyone wants out of the game be it from patches included by the official creative team or our own creative minds.

What do you want to see as a feature in Conan Exiles?

Attributes beget Appearance!

Have it so that Strength defines muscle textures, Vitality bulks the model, Agility streamlines appearance, Encumbrance bulks the legs, as for Accuracy, Grit, Survival? ...Maybe animations, but those aren't really visual changes.

TRADE MENU! DEAR GOD A TRADE MENU, if I give someone a gift I don't want to be like "Now get on your knees and pick it up!"

Alliances for the clans would be good, being able to clearly define which groups you want to make peace with and which groups are disallowed;

To the previous functions effect, customize usability for your clan doors and other items(which ones are for public, which ones are allies only, which ones are clan only, which ones are only for certain ranks in your own clan)

Emotes. Solo emotes, Paired emotes, please have emotes...

They are already planning on expanding more than a few systems, such as Thralls.

And there are more than a few emotes but most are only unlockable with the console in a SP game or via the admin pass. Games is really early in development, give it some time.

While I haven't delved too deep, modifying animations in the Unreal editor is quite intuitive.

For me personally, I want an NPC capture system. I'm tired of my clanmates YOLOing that shit only to die, respawn, run out of base naked, die again. And just zerg until they win or force the NPCs to reset. I want them to knock them out and toss them into one of those cages strewn around. After a given amount of time, if not rescued, they get sacrificed or whatever. Would be hilarious. But the point is: death has consequences other than the loss of easily replaceable gear without the hassle of Hardcore and risking your character over a bug or lag out.

I'd like to see a system put into play that while you are trying to capture slaves from various tribes they too are okay with taking slaves for their own amusement, and if they fight and overwhelm you then you get stripped and collared and become forced property of that area tribe (village or even just around a bonfire) and are stuck like that until another PC comes and rescues you or you find a moment to break away and run for it. I think it would add more flavor to the game knowing they are just as interested in capturing you. Also makes just starting out even more difficult as its easier to get overwhelmed early on. Besides that more of the good things in life, cannibalism, sacrifice, slaves gored on spears decorating your camp. Maybe use the giant snake as a pet, you can feed it slaves (or yourself if you're feeling suicidal). Orgies and giant containers of murky green soup with people parts in it. Just things you could find in the Ahnold movies. I like it dark and twisted.

Implementations I'd like to see either as mods or updates to the game:

• Slavery System- Possibly connected to the religions or races, trading and enslaving, leashes, collars, branding, etc.
  • Sex- Kinda like the Skyrim mods (Defeat, Sexlab, etc.)
  • Human Sacrifice
  • Barbaric shit
  • Needs system- Along with the water and food needs should be bathroom and sleep/rest needs
  • Secrets/More places in the desert
  • Bosses or Bigger and tougher enemies
  • Skimpy Clothing

Anything else you guys think should be added?

Implementations I'd like to see either as mods or updates to the game:

• Slavery System- Possibly connected to the religions or races, trading and enslaving, leashes, collars, branding, etc.
  • Sex- Kinda like the Skyrim mods (Defeat, Sexlab, etc.)
  • Human Sacrifice
  • Barbaric shit
  • Needs system- Along with the water and food needs should be bathroom and sleep/rest needs
  • Secrets/More places in the desert
  • Bosses or Bigger and tougher enemies
  • Skimpy Clothing

Anything else you guys think should be added?

Slavery - Basic concept in the game. Just not much to do with Thralls right now. But the logic behind them looks pretty straight-forward. I'm holding off messing with it until the devs have implemented their Thrall AI and customization update. Supposedly, you will be able to train them to be better and equip them how you want. So, if the gear gets ported to the game, implementing it would be easy.

As for branding: same thing for the scripting logic, I see it, so I don't see how you couldn't modify/copy the same system that applies blood spatter as the player is damaged. You'd just have to tie it to a specific attack/weapon type. I think it would be awesome to have a mod that, just spitballing, marks your respawned body when you've had your heart removed by a follower of Set's dagger and you had to kill them (or something) to get the mark removed. Maybe players violated this way spawn a named heart that, if kept in an altar applies the mark. But if destroyed, removes the mark.

Human Sacrifice - Devs planning

Secrets - Already a few in the game, they are adding more when they expand the map

Bosses - Dragons. They suck to fight, but they are there. More Enemy diversity is supposedly coming and more raid bosses.

Skimpy Clothing: I just edited the Dancer Gear under the ItemTable and gave it armor values equal to heavy armor while balancing it with low durability and very little poise. Though yes, I would prefer more armor and clothing options befitting Conan. But the devs already have a lot of this in the pipe.

My big problem is that the helmets suck. I would prefer something like what I modded into Skyrim ASAP: Circlets with matching colors and armor values to their equivalent gear. It's nearly impossible to pick out a specific friend or foe in a brawl. Dyes will help, but it's not the same.

I am currently trying to work out the math for making a system where you can boost natural/naked armor at the expense of worn armor over a certain value penalizing you. So... running around half naked while still being viable. Don't get your hopes up: I suck at math... and modding.

When I say "I understand the logic" this doesn't mean I know how I would implement something. I know how a car engine works, doesn't mean I can fix one.

I would like to see furniture have a setting that allows anyone to use it (so taverns and things can actually work for RP servers)

There is a setting like that server-side: NoOwnership. I saw a mod that does this without needing the server to be flagged as such, but I can't find it off-hand. I would assume it's part of some RP pack. I haven't looked into it, but if ownership is flagged on a per object basis, removing the flag from any furniture would be easy and not affect the gameplay.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived