Need help with merging

Sursed

When i try to merge this file

http://modtype.doorblog.jp/archives/25251430.html

after merging the boots are not visible in game.

It is even worse with this mod (CBBE version)

http://modtype.doorblog.jp/archives/43436883.html 

After mergins all the armor set is invisibe.

I tried both merge script for TES5Edit and Merge plugins standalone.

I merged a lot of other armor mods and continue to do it with no such problem. Can anyone tell me why there is the problem with these two armors?

from the looks of things you are merging a Tera armor mod

I used to have problems merging anything like those till I found I was making a operator error in the way I was using the merge tools

just to make sure you are not hitting the same problem (operator) I was make sure when using the Merge Plugins Standalone and the TES5Edit script for merging

that you make sure to have it renumber EVERYTHING not just conflicting numbers.  this is IMPORTANT, because if you do (as I did for a long time) just have it renumber conflicting

it will sometimes "lose" stuff in the merging process (I have no clue why it does this).  also some things merge better with the Standalone and some better with the TES5Edit script.

if you are already having the tools renumber everything I do not know what else it could be.

hope this helps some.

Do you use mod organizer?  if so..  Try copying the assets (mesh and texture) files to your merge folder.

No i don't use it. Is ther any difference between merging with Merge plugins standalone with Mod organizer and simply with Merge plugins standalone?

from the looks of things you are merging a Tera armor mod

I used to have problems merging anything like those till I found I was making a operator error in the way I was using the merge tools

just to make sure you are not hitting the same problem (operator) I was make sure when using the Merge Plugins Standalone and the TES5Edit script for merging

that you make sure to have it renumber EVERYTHING not just conflicting numbers.  this is IMPORTANT, because if you do (as I did for a long time) just have it renumber conflicting

it will sometimes "lose" stuff in the merging process (I have no clue why it does this).  also some things merge better with the Standalone and some better with the TES5Edit script.

if you are already having the tools renumber everything I do not know what else it could be.

hope this helps some.

I have just tried to do as you say. No, it does not help.

A few things you can do to compare the merge file to the original.  This will help you to determine if some data copied was missing or changed.

Open the original file as well as your merged file with TES5EDIT

Look up the armor item in your merged file.   Look for where the Male and Female model points to in your directories.  it's about 3 entries below the "Full -  Name"

Make sure the ****.nif files exist in those folders that it indicates.

Scroll toward the bottom and compare the Armature data

it should give MODL-Filename    

Double check those assets in the ARMOR ADDON section of your plugin in TES5EDIT with the editor ID indicated.

Check the folders those point to and make sure those nif assets exist in those directories.

While you are at it.. check to make sure your race is included in the additional races list.

This will not fix your issue.. but it is a method you can use to check for discrepancies between the original and the copied asset as well as where to look for the file assets in your directory.

If you plan on doing more modding.. I highly suggest using mod organizer.  Sometimes your assets can be overwritten by other mods with the same filenames within the same directories.   It becomes more difficult to identify these problems if you just blanket add all of your mods into the skyrim folder.

Mod organizer gives you tools and methods to identify conflicting files and overwritten assets in order to give you the ability to decide on which conflicted file you prefer to use.

While you are at it.. check to make sure your race is included in the additional races list.

There are no additional races list both in the original mod and in the merge. But the original works fine... 

Archived