Rising at Dawn Quest Issue.

lkl

Search through 90% of Skyrim's Inn to trigger the Rising at Dawn Quest. However, I couldnt find the other 10% of the Inn and didnt bother too.

I decided to go back to Falion's house. The house remains locked for over 3 days with the blacksmith never coming out.

Also, I triggered the Rising at Dawn quest soon after via console command. I also brought Falion to me by using the "Get Over Here" mod, since Falion's door is always locked. I get no dialogue for the Vampirism Cure.

I have the Vampire Lord and I want to get rid of it. So far, Lycanthropy hasn't worked and now Rising at Dawn doesn't work.

Is there some sort of solution or an alternative method to get rid of the Vampire Lord off myself?

Search through 90% of Skyrim's Inn to trigger the Rising at Dawn Quest. However, I couldnt find the other 10% of the Inn and didnt bother too.

I decided to go back to Falion's house. The house remains locked for over 3 days with the blacksmith never coming out.

Also, I triggered the Rising at Dawn quest soon after via console command. I also brought Falion to me by using the "Get Over Here" mod, since Falion's door is always locked. I get no dialogue for the Vampirism Cure.

I have the Vampire Lord and I want to get rid of it. So far, Lycanthropy hasn't worked and now Rising at Dawn doesn't work.

Is there some sort of solution or an alternative method to get rid of the Vampire Lord off myself?

Might be worth while having a read through this, though it does contain possible spoilers for the quest ; http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Rising_At_Dawn

Though quickly looking at it you should only need to talk to any inn keeper, while being a vampire but not at stage 4, I would guess the rumors choice when talking to them.

hmm going off OLD memories here

I did notice that you had to choose the "rumors" category from pretty much any inn/tavern keeper to get the quest going and at that time if ANYONE in the town

attacked you (due to you being a vampire, which would mean your vampirism state is to high) it would not trigger properly.

my suggestion would be to load a save game from before you tried to start the Rising at Dawn quest and to make sure your vampirism is very well fed, then try to trigger the quest.

the link in the previous post has the quest (and spoilers for it).

normal Lycanthropy may or may not cure the vampirism, but doing the Companions questline should (but there is a possible bug there too ..sigh), and if you have already done the questline that way will not work.

there is a way of using the console to get rid of it (I found it once by accident), BUT doing it that way will also get rid off ALL other magic effects (including racial bonuses) permanently.

Might be worth while having a read through this, though it does contain possible spoilers for the quest ; http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Rising_At_Dawn

Though quickly looking at it you should only need to talk to any inn keeper, while being a vampire but not at stage 4, I would guess the rumors choice when talking to them.

hmm going off OLD memories here

I did notice that you had to choose the "rumors" category from pretty much any inn/tavern keeper to get the quest going and at that time if ANYONE in the town

attacked you (due to you being a vampire, which would mean your vampirism state is to high) it would not trigger properly.

my suggestion would be to load a save game from before you tried to start the Rising at Dawn quest and to make sure your vampirism is very well fed, then try to trigger the quest.

the link in the previous post has the quest (and spoilers for it).

normal Lycanthropy may or may not cure the vampirism, but doing the Companions questline should (but there is a possible bug there too ..sigh), and if you have already done the questline that way will not work.

there is a way of using the console to get rid of it (I found it once by accident), BUT doing it that way will also get rid off ALL other magic effects (including racial bonuses) permanently.

Well, as mentioned 90% of the Taverns didnt give me the Quest. I completed the Companions questline after being a Vampire Lord.

Though the problem I'm having is, I can't transform to keep myself fed...and I didn't know Vampire Lord has stages to their vampirism.

Well.....

The current version of Better Vampires allows you a way to cure Vampire Lord Form without curing being a Vampire.

Indeed console commanding setstage VC01 200 (Rising at Dawn Quest Number and completion stage) will indeed cure everything about being a vampire as well as all bonuses and or things vampirism gave your character.

I personally get it, the transformation is buggy, not worth it if you haven't modified it, or have mods that allow you to say equip your armour and weapons in VL form( i mentioned this in my other thread asking for opinions on Vampire Mods).

You could look up the Spell codes for Vampire Lord, and type Player.removespell and the code, but i believe you'll need to do one for the power, and one for the spells that come with Vampire Lord, its odd that one spell code handles the 10 or so VL form spells.

Managed to cure the Vampire Lord Vampirism by using the console command for the "Rising at Dawn", which saved a few grey hairs from all the bugs.

I seem to have solved the transformation bug, then again. Feeding doesn't really help me advance the quest for some reason anyway.

Archived