Is this a skeleton or an armor issue?

Pheade

I don't think I've ever seen this before.

I've tried re-installing my skeleton, re-installing the armor, re-running bodyslide, and nothing fixes this.

It's almost as though there are two copies of the armor? One that stays static and one that moves with the body.

That immediately made me re-install the skeleton. 

I just don't know what more I can do.

post-34303-0-69868000-1487515176_thumb.jpg

ok it IS something to do with HDT, I have seen it in my game occasionally.

if it clears on its own it is not something major (yes it is annoying) and you will have to decide if it is something you can put up with.

when it happens, what you can try to do is do an hard save right then and there (in a new slot) then reload the save you just made.

95% of the time this will fix it for me, if that does not work try (if you can) fast travel to a low impact area (somewhere with little stuff to load when you arrive)

depending on your game (what mods you have and how far into the game you are) that may or may not be easy.(you can always open console and coc qasmoke)

if that still does not fix it - you will have to search and find a HDT .xml file that works for your individual setup better than what you are currently using.

if you do that please, PLEASE make sure to make a backup copy of you original HDT .xml files (in case the new one you try is worse).

from what I understand (I could be wrong) it has something to do with the way the physics loads (for the characters, both pc and npcs, you will mainly see it on the PC though)

when entering a new cell (or when a character's body is loaded or reloaded into a cell for any reason).

something to remember - when you give your pc HDT physics you are giving them something that they were NOT originally designed to have in game, for most people most of the time

it works fine but still it is something you have added to the game.

edited to fix typos

ok it IS something to do with HDT, I have seen it in my game occasionally.

if it clears on its own it is not something major (yes it is annoying) and you will have to decide if it is something you can put up with.

when it happens, what you can try to do is do an hard save right then and there (in a new slot) then reload the save you just made.

95% of the time this will fix it for me, if that does not work try (if you can) fast travel to a low impact area (somewhere with little stuff to load when you arrive)

depending on your game (what mods you have and how far into the game you are) that may or may not be easy.(you can always open console and coc qasmoke)

if that still does not fix it - you will have to search and find a HDT .xml file that works for your individual setup better than what you are currently using.

if you do that please, PLEASE make sure to make a backup copy of you original HDT .xml files (in case the new one you try is worse).

from what I understand (I could be wrong) it has something to do with the way the physics loads (for the characters, both pc and npcs, you will mainly see it on the PC though)

when entering a new cell (or when a character's body is loaded or reloaded into a cell for any reason).

something to remember - when you give your pc HDT physics you are giving them something that they were NOT originally designed to have in game, for most people most of the time

it works fine but still it is something you have added to the game.

edited to fix typos

Thank you sir, for your attention.

The issue is not a gradual one, however. It occurs immediately upon equipping the armor. 

A hard save and reload made my character invisible. I tried changing from third to first person view, then even ran into a building (loading screen). The armor was still behaving as seen in the screen cap.

Archived