Why does no one make any more Morrowind adult mods anymore?

Yith

Because game is stiff and ugly as heck.

Also everyone preffer visual side of sex mods than texts. There was one prostitution mod that worked like a simple dialogue but it was hella good written, like true roleplay.

Throw some overhaul mods on and you can make MW look quite pleasant. Sure it's a bit rough around the edges gameplay wise compared to modern games, with the dice-roll combat and all, but you pick it up pretty quick, IMO anyway.

I'm way overdue for another play through and I might finally check out that mod and the lovers and legends one, but I hear they are very buggy.

Now a mod for Daggerfall to bring back the cut prostitution content would be amazing, to me anyway I love Daggerfall.

Yeah, Morrowind's age is a pretty good guess as to why there's not more adult content, but also because like was previously mentioned, people tend to be more interested in watching, rather than reading, their adult content.  I've seen very, very few mods for morrowind that add custom animations.  Lovers and Legends is the only one I know of that has adult animations, and the number things needed to get it to behave the way intended was pretty impressive, and it's understandable that content creators will probably move to a more accessible medium, like the newer games.  I'll always love morrowind, and impressive mods are always nice to see, but it is still very old, a huge portion of its player base has moved on to other things, so demand for mods is pretty well down.  Content creators that do still work on Morrowind are probably doing it for their personal use more than anything else.  Diehard fans and people who love the nostalgia hit Morrowind gives (I am both of these) are around, but there's not so many people that it draws creators to the game.

So between difficulty of getting decent adult content in Morrowind to work, lack of interest by players in mods for such an old game, fewer creators even still making mods for it, and then consider that adult mods have always been something of a niche market in the mod community, it's pretty understandable that you're not really gonna see them much these days.

You could always commission someone to make adult content, if you can find someone who makes mods by commission, I suppose.  It'd take time and very likely not be especially streamlined to use, but you know, it'd be there.  But I can understand why it's not really something people bother with much anymore.

Thank you for the replies. I had always wondered why it was the case, seeing as how morrowinds construction set was so easy to use and people here are so proficient in using nifscope and the construction set. But now I have a better grasp on why.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived