[OUT OF DATE] LL Marriage/Courtship Project?

This is an old version of the mod please see the new thread here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16533-wip-sexlab-marriagecourtship-project/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are only a few of these on the nexus, and all are either just adding new partners or buggy as heck.

I figured LL would be the place to end this lack of said mods

While I am a pretty good asset designer, my scripting/programming knowledge is lacking, not that I can't learn (In fact I am taking an intro to programming class this fall) but I figured I would throw out some ideas and see what people think.

-More stuff to do after married:

*Kiss
*Sex
*Eat Together
*Happiness/Sadness rating in relationship with the chance for
spouse to cheat or leave you!
*Depending on spouses type you could go out together, this might
be shopping or hunting or adventuring depending on who your
spouse is
*Cheat on your spouse
*Some spouses might be into swinging
*Some spouses might be into other "dirtier" things
*When spouse runs a shop, make a shop for her/him to run
depending on the spouse it could be many different kinds of shops
*Cheating spouses could be spied on while they are "entertaining"
their suitors

-More Courtship!

*Requires a few dates before upping the reletionship level. Dates
would be liked or disliked depending on spouse (Aela the
Huntress might love going zombie hunting, but Ysolda probably
wouldn't)

*relationship levels might include several parallel stages such
as: Casual Dating and Sexfriend might be on the same level. The
former focused on building a meaningful relationship and the
latter being about sex

-Secret Life

*Your wife\husband may or may not know about you being the
Listener or your Nightingale Status

*Vampire\Werewolf status may be known or unknown to spouse:
With Aela you might have some crazy werewolf sex!

*Perhaps some tie in to Doc's mod could be achieved: You're
a loving Wife/Husband by day but run the Slaver's guild
by night

-Bigger Better wedding ceremony

*Wedding gown\suit would be equipped
*Honeymoon quest

-Support for NPC couples already married\Courting

*May get intimate at certain times in their homes
*May go out together
*May cheat on each other (this would not be random,
but applyed to certain couples by the modder)

-Prostitutes may be added to towns

*The Flophouse in Riften for instance
*The Temple of Diabella in Markarth might re-open
for lessons to Female PCs
*Random street hooker might also be present at riften
*Some Taverns might have tavern wenches that offer services other
than ale pouring

Edit: Bolded section titles

Alot of these ideas are inspired by this Morrowind mod:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=mods.detail&id=4699

I like these ideas, so long as it doesn't turn Skyrim into a dating sim. Maybe simplify it a bit. Instead of dates, which detract from questing, perhaps fulfill requests made by your prospective bride, ie bringing her specific presents or helping her out of a jam. Also, if you're going to include a happiness meter or the like, you could tie in her horniness to it; the happier she is, the more likely she will be to fuck.

I feel that Mjoll should fall head over heels for me when I bring her Chillrend back. She couldn't do it, after all, neither did that thing that follows her around when she's in Ridten.

I think simmilar things should be the way to go; another example is ysolda's mammoth tusk, and maaybe fianally helping her buy the inn with some of your hard earned coin.

Aela could get happy if you brought her some blod stained silver swords...

Those kind of miniquest could do for dates and they'd be fun to play.

If he wants his skyrim to have an in-depth dating sim, let him have it. so far as actually doing all of these things, you would need to make animations for kissing. If you use Imps More Complex Needs when you use eating animations your follows will use the same action, so maybe that could be expanded to include a spouse. If you were thinking more of a sit-down meal you would need to make animations for that. Happiness/Sadness would be a relatively simply value that could be tracked behind the scenes, not much sense in adding it to the UI. Creating a whole "cheating" system would be rather hard as you would have to track everyone's current and previous relationships and would have to devise a way to have someone react to seeing their partner cheat. That would have to be tied to to the Line Of Sight function. If you got that worked out then you would need a whole slew of animations for them getting angry or sad. you would also need to write all of the dialogue that would go along with this. most of this would not be voice acted unless you found someone to do the voices for this particular stuff. A dating system would probably have to consist of a series of quests that would involve taking the npc to a certain location and completing a certain activity. these would have to be made available for all npcs that are courtable much like the marriage quest. the only problem would be that they would have to somehow be unique based on where the npc is. I like your ideas but as you can see, what your suggesting is no simple matter. It would be on the same scale as Doc's mod if not larger. But if you want to give it a go, I'll definitely be rooting for you :D

If he wants his skyrim to have an in-depth dating sim' date=' let him have it. so far as actually doing all of these things, you would need to make animations for kissing. If you use Imps More Complex Needs when you use eating animations your follows will use the same action, so maybe that could be expanded to include a spouse. If you were thinking more of a sit-down meal you would need to make animations for that. Happiness/Sadness would be a relatively simply value that could be tracked behind the scenes, not much sense in adding it to the UI. Creating a whole "cheating" system would be rather hard as you would have to track everyone's current and previous relationships and would have to devise a way to have someone react to seeing their partner cheat. That would have to be tied to to the Line Of Sight function. If you got that worked out then you would need a whole slew of animations for them getting angry or sad. you would also need to write all of the dialogue that would go along with this. most of this would not be voice acted unless you found someone to do the voices for this particular stuff. A dating system would probably have to consist of a series of quests that would involve taking the npc to a certain location and completing a certain activity. these would have to be made available for all npcs that are courtable much like the marriage quest. the only problem would be that they would have to somehow be unique based on where the npc is. I like your ideas but as you can see, what your suggesting is no simple matter. It would be on the same scale as Doc's mod if not larger. But if you want to give it a go, I'll definitely be rooting for you :D

[/quote']

Most of this was just brain storming, but I am tempted to work on a simpler version of it. I am working on a bachlors degree in CGI and Game Design, so I have a good amount of the skills required, and those I don't have can be learned.

But like I said This is my inspiration for this mod: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=mods.detail&id=4699

Any Morrowind player should check this thing out. The happyness and dating system is pretty simple and would most likely be closer to what I would do in this mod.

At the core I would like to have:

-More interaction with spouse (whatever that may be)

-More Courting before marriage

-Lesbian Werewolf Sex with Aela (Whole reason I married her in my game)

-Bigger more elaborate wedding ceremony

-Actual Jobs when spouse says he\she is opening a shop

With the secondary goals of:

-Spouse happyness system (With the chance of her leaving or cheating, or getting more in line with your character's kinks if happy)

-Spouse Kinks(Each one might have something differant judged on his/her personality as presented by Bethesda)

-You cheating with the chance of spouse finding out

-Secret Life

I can do without all the NPC interaction. The protitution could be a differant mod that ties into it.

Yes! I'm all for more Skyrim romance. I think the marriage and spouse system is so bland. Who cares if its similar to a dating sim? How does that affect your actual questing and gameplay? I think it makes more sense to actually court, or do something for a potential marriage candidate rather than just wearing an amulet and getting an instant wedding. First you should do favours, errands, or quests to get affection points and get on their good side.

Courting or dating mini quests could be fun depending on how you approach it. You can base quests depending on the personality of the potential candidate. If its a hunter like Aela, she can ask you to join her in an adventure to hunt or kill certain legendary monster. If its someone like Ingun Black Briar, you could indulge on her quest for alchemy, fending off monsters while she gathers ingredients on a dangerous location. For merchant types like Ysolda, you two could go to a different city to buy a rare item only to bump into thieves and crime warlords. There's so many potential quest like scenarios to be had here. Just be creative with it.

It would also be fun to add on mini quests or tid-bits like, dining out with your potential spouse on a local inn and brawling with a certain dude to impress her. Buying, stealing, finding, blacksmithing, or making items on shops that earns you affection points.

There should be factors that give negative affection points too, to trigger events such as your spouse cheating on you. Things like;

-Not interacting or seeing them for a long time.

-Giving them things they hate

-Failing quests or not doing them properly.

-Beating them (lol?) abusing your spouse or constantly putting them in danger.

-Having certain followers always hanging around you while you're with your spouse.. etc..

I feel that Mjoll should fall head over heels for me when I bring her Chillrend back. She couldn't do it' date=' after all, neither did that thing that follows her around when she's in Ridten.

[/quote']

I found an easy fix for that thing following her around. After my lovely bride and I moved away (and his whiny ass moved in with us), I found him wandering around alone in the dark outside town and put an arrow in his face. He's not essential and stayed very very dead.

Next time through, I'm going to make sure I kill him in front of her.

I feel that Mjoll should fall head over heels for me when I bring her Chillrend back. She couldn't do it' date=' after all, neither did that thing that follows her around when she's in Ridten.

[/quote']

I found an easy fix for that thing following her around. After my lovely bride and I moved away (and his whiny ass moved in with us), I found him wandering around alone in the dark outside town and put an arrow in his face. He's not essential and stayed very very dead.

You can't... since Mjoll will choose Aerin over you, even if you already married her. She'll put an axe through your face. :cool:

[/quote']

I slit his throat from the shadows. I watched him bleed. Then I stuck an iron mace in he's rear while his life faded away, so he went with a nice memory. No one messes with mah woman! xDDD

I slit his throat from the shadows. I watched him bleed.

This..

Then while she's standing over the body muttering "I'll find whoever did this.." pop back out of the shadows and "Hey babe, go cook me something!" 10 seconds later he's completely forgotten, and nothing of value was lost :D

[/quote']

You can't... since Mjoll will choose Aerin over you, even if you already married her. She'll put an axe through your face. :cool:

Sounds like Mjoll might be a candidate for cheating subplots, maybe even cuckoldry.

EDIT: If your the dominant type you could do what Queenbee suggests too, if you could get her approval high enough that she won't leave or attack you on sight, she might become fearful of you but turned on at same time?

Been thinking about how I want to approach alot of this, if I can figure out Bethesda's tools worth salt (I'm an artist not a programmer)

Dates:

To save time and energy, and AI pathing, and general headachery I wanted to make the dates a Fade to black with a wall of text popup. Alot like what Doc is doing with the placeholder sex text on Bonny until the animations get worked out. There would be multiple responses at the bottom to choose from which change the way the date progresses. Some of these would be random numbers applied against the date's personality and your speechcraft, a failure may make the date go sour and cause loss of influence, a success could vastly increase the influence gain from that date. I would have several safe choices with guarunteed positive or negitive results depending on the partner (you have to know her\him to pick the right ones) but not huge influence gains\losses. Some of the riskier "RNG" choices might unlock some of the partners hidden kinks or make him/her more submissive or dominant, failing these could put the reletionship in hot water as well.

Think about it like a choose your own adventure book, with dice...

...Think about it like DND. :P

Rough Example: Candlelight dinner

"You and your date sit across from each other at a beautiful candle lit table, you speak casually about a little bit of everything, enjoying the food and ambiance."

Safe choices:

Move closer to your date, initiate gentile touches while speaking(+libido)

Listen intently as your date speaks on many topics, you yourself speaking little(+vain partners)

Try and please your date as much as possible, thinking little of your own enjoyment(+submmissive)

Try and keep equal footing in the conversation, listening but

interjecting as you see fit.(+respect)

Talk about yourself, dominate the conversation(+submissive partners -other partners)

Risky choices:

Attempt to impress your date at every turn(+dominant)

Comment on other couples and attractive people(+swing)

Some other possible dates (with mixed results of liking or disliking for each partner)

Hunting(Outdoorsmany partners will like this)

Adventuring(High Combat partners will love this)

Tavern Visit(Possible for brawl to start, partner can get drunk)

Brothel Visit(This is a no go without high +swing)

Masquerade Ball(High class gals and guys will like this)

Festival Dance(Like the ball but for more down to earth gals and guys)

Theater(See a show, chance to kiss date, even get some action in the dark)

Magic Show(Chance for Mage PCs to challenge performer to a "Spell-Off")

Plains streaking(Also risky, possible to be attacked and show how macho\sexy you are! ...Or cowardly and puny depending)

Brawl(Aela and the Orc spouses love this one)

Also I would want to keep the main framework of marriage and courtship as an ESM and make an ESP for each spouse. If no ESP is installed for a spouse they will use a basic reletionship plan common to all unmodded spouses. This would allow players who want to romance a certain npc but dont like a particular kink associated with the default esp can make another version, or even make new romancable characters

EDIT: Spelling\Grammer

Some thoughts on the partners:

-Aela-

To get her notice: Become head of Companions

Notes: Want to be on equal footing with partner, expects a strong alpha type, hates submissives, will not care if you bed others (she will bed others too) expects you to take what you want, not ask.

Passive plusses (Naturally like you more and easier to please if you meet these)

+Did not cure self of Lycanthropy

+Higher combat skills

Passive Minuses ( Naturally dislike you more if you meet these, harder to develop romance)

-High Magic without Combat (Fine with magic skills as long as you have combat)

-Vampires

Active plusses(Doing these things will make her llike you more)

+Taking action

+Being Forward

+Fighting (win or lose is fine as long as you stood up for yourself, wins get more + though)

Active Minues

-Being subtile

-being submissive or weak

-backing out of fights, challenges

Kinks

Werewolf sex

Aggressive sex (Rough sex, biting, slapping)

Brawling(major libido increase after fight)

Hidden:

Dual domination of third partner (Will be turned off if you let her dominant you)

Shop: Archer Training

-Ysolda-

Get her notice: Do her mammoth tusk quest

Notes: Meek, quiet, but secret wild sexual fantasys, has a thing for Khajiit, can be manipulated, but also can have a perfectly standerd reletionship. May cheat with Khajiit if player makes her mad.

Passive +'s

+PC is Khajiit

Passive -'s

none

Active +'s

+Kind and understanding

+Charismaticly suave and intelligent (This path makes her easier

to meld to kinks)

+Protective and gentile

Active -'s

-Mean or Rude

Kinks

+Swing with Khajiit

+Can be altered to fit almost any kink with proper manipulation

Shop: Market stall or possibly The Bannered Mare

Quests:

Can buy the deed to the Bannered mare and give it to Ysolda, or you can can turn it into a brothel (possibly making her work there)

-Mjoll the Lioness-

Obtain: Get her sword back

Notes: Can and will cheat with Aerin, even if she loves your PC. This will turn into something depending on your actions:

Aerin left alive

-Mjoll and Aerin Cuckold your PC

-You let the affair continue and spy from sidelines

-Form a bisexual relationship with both

-You and Aerin share Mjoll but don't get involved in any homo stuff

-Convince Mjoll to look the other way on your affairs

Aerin Scared away\Aerin Mrudered and evidence hidden

-Dominate Mjoll

-Lose Mjoll

-Convince Mjoll he left her (And she stays with you)

Aerin Murdered and PC caught or shows evidence to Mjoll

-Dominate Mjoll

-Kill Mjoll when she attacks you

I like that you're thinking out all possible avenues with Mjoll cheating. I really like that you can still dominate her even if she knows you've killed him. Will you include the ability to beat her into submission, practically enslaving her?

Also, what factors determine whether or not she will cheat? Or is her cheating inevitable? How will you go about convincing her he left her if you kill him and hide it? Additionally, if you engage in a polyamorous relationship with Mjoll and Aerin, will you include the ability to marry more women/men?

This is a great idea. But like all undertakings of life(big or small), if you're not committed and serious, unable to find "good people" to help you with such project or they're simply not as committed and serious, then the flower of your idea will not bloom and nothing will get done, or by the time it's done, we'll all be old men and Bethesda will have already released TES VI.

There is no try. You either do and give it your all, toil and pine for the cause, or don't even bother.

Good luck!

That's my 2cents.

Just had a nice phrase to dominate her with the thing dead: "He saved a shadow of what you are, I brought back your soul from the hell you lost it in! Shame on you for even looking at him again!"

:D

This would work with scared/hidden and obvious murder... wich I prefer: makes a more lasting impact of terror and being under a claw you can't escape from :D

This is a great idea. But like all undertakings of life(big or small)' date=' if you're not committed and serious, unable to find "good people" to help you with such project or they're simply not as committed and serious, then the flower of your idea will not bloom and nothing will get done, or by the time it's done, we'll all be old men and Bethesda will have already released TES VI.

There is no try. You either do and give it your all, toil and pine for the cause, or don't even bother.

Good luck!

That's my 2cents.

[/quote']

I realize this, and I readily admit I can be hard to motivate, though this is due to lack of familiarity with the tools to a large degree. Which why I am just putting out ideas at the moment trying to work it out in my head, and get it organized somewhere. I have a lot of free time, I just get overwhelmed. Especially as there is little in the way of advanced tutorials for the toolset. Making the text boxes for the dates is easy compared to writing out full 3d encounters, I am sure, but finding a tutorial on how create such text boxes is lacking as far as I know.

Honestly though, If I know what I am doing can be EXTREMLY efficiant. I can create alot of good art assets in a very short amount of time, but I understand the tools to do that. I am just really bad at self teaching. I can't just open a toolset, play around for a few days, and have enough understanding to start working.

So If I am going to undertake this, I am going to need some good help sources for working in the toolset.

I have the time, I have most of the skills, what I don't have is confidence in the medium I need to work in.

I like that you're thinking out all possible avenues with Mjoll cheating. I really like that you can still dominate her even if she knows you've killed him. Will you include the ability to beat her into submission' date=' practically enslaving her?

Also, what factors determine whether or not she will cheat? Or is her cheating inevitable? How will you go about convincing her he left her if you kill him and hide it? Additionally, if you engage in a polyamorous relationship with Mjoll and Aerin, will you include the ability to marry more women/men?

[/quote']

The cheating is inevitable yes. The dominate part of it is essentially what you describe: Scare her\Hurt her till she dosen't object anymore.

The overt killing of Aerin is most likely right in front of her, in your marriage house, or you can lead him elsewhere, kill him and bring his head back to Mjoll in a sack.

The covert killing will prolly be arranged somehow either with Mavin Blackbriar, or the Dark Brotherhood (With possibility to perform Black Sacrament if your not a member, ask Astrid to send someone to discreetly end him if you are not done with the guild line, or contract Nazir to dispose of him quietly if you completed the guild)

As part of the brotherhood contract you can get them to leave a note from Aerin saying he is leaving Mjoll.

---------------------------------------------------

Polygamy is always possible, but risky. Some partners will be open to it, some partners will accept it (if you dominate them)

You can have a spouse in each hold and some of the towns like Ivarstead or Riverwood, but the more you have the higher risk one of them has of discovering another. Basically a saving throw is made each week. Each spouse that cares if you are seeing others will make a roll for EACH other relationship. So if you have spouses in Whiterun, Windhelm, Solitude, and Falkreath and your spouse in Whiterun cares about said things. Once a week she\he will roll 4 times. Each success means he\she discovered the other relationship. This won't be played out, but she will likely confront you and say "So I talked to a merchant from Solitude the other day and.." and she will likely leave you or seek revenge (Cheating, or even performing the Black Sacrament, which might even lead to you showing up at your own house in Dark Brotherhood garb :D) More remote holds are much harder to detect, both ways. A spouse in Falkreath or Riverwood will be much harder to detect, and have a harder time detecting outside relationships compared to big city spouses. You can also have multiple spouses in the same town, but them discovering each other is almost guaranteed.

There's other ways to dominate someone without being abusive. I'd like to see a way of either convincing Aerin of leaving Mjoll' date=' or intimidating him into leaving. That way he's gone but your hands are clean.

[/quote']

Ill see what I can work out

There's other ways to dominate someone without being abusive. I'd like to see a way of either convincing Aerin of leaving Mjoll' date=' or intimidating him into leaving. That way he's gone but your hands are clean.

[/quote']

Clean of what? In my case they have so much blood it will be pleasant to have this thing's blood on them.