How To make an armor mash-up?

bobob1234

Hi Everyone, i was wondering if anyone could help me?...

I've recently come back to skyrim after playing fallout4 for awhile and i wanted to start making my own armor mash-ups like i did in fallout4 which was relatively easy just using outfit studio and doing some basic modification to make the armor how i wanted. (P.S - These mash-ups wont be for re-distribution).

so in fallout4 i could just import the main bit of armor i wanted then import nifs from other sources into outfit studio, save it and wa-lah!!! it was usable in game, but for some reason you cant do that in skyrim, or atleast from what i've tested.

i have searched on the internet quite a few times on how i could do it but couldnt find anything.

so i was wondering if anyone could teach me how to do it?

Thanks in advance! :)

For me what I always did was load one nif up into nifskope right click a item and go to block - copy branch the load the other nif and right click scene root and go to block - paste branch them save as to voerwrite the nif. This will always work unless 1 the outfit you are pasting something into has bone nodes that the item you are pasting in are missing or 2 the scene root names are different. For the first one you would have to add the missing bone nodes the last one is easier just change the name to match the other name mind the capitalization as that must match as well. Most have the name Scene Root.

Once you past everything in check for any clipping and fix it in outfit studio. Not sure how to make the _0 and _1 sizes as I always just made 1 or the other.

For skyrim it has multiple parts usually and trying to paste one nif into another usually makes the other nif get removed unless you set 1 piece that you want in the nif to reference.

For me what I always did was load one nif up into nifskope right click a item and go to block - copy branch the load the other nif and right click scene root and go to block - paste branch them save as to voerwrite the nif. This will always work unless 1 the outfit you are pasting something into has bone nodes that the item you are pasting in are missing or 2 the scene root names are different. For the first one you would have to add the missing bone nodes the last one is easier just change the name to match the other name mind the capitalization as that must match as well. Most have the name Scene Root.

Once you past everything in check for any clipping and fix it in outfit studio. Not sure how to make the _0 and _1 sizes as I always just made 1 or the other.

For skyrim it has multiple parts usually and trying to paste one nif into another usually makes the other nif get removed unless you set 1 piece that you want in the nif to reference.

Thank you for your reply :)

i hvae done what you have said and it has appeared on the character but i now have an issue where it stays still but doesnt follow the characters movement... is that due to the bone nodes that you mentioned? and if so how do i add these bone nodes?

You can paste one way without the required nodes but not the other way so it is possible that there are nodes in the nif that are not attached to anything that was pasted in. Outfit studio ca be used or mesh rigger can be used to transfer bone nodes from one body to another one. Load up outfit studio select new project then decide if you just want to add the nodes you are missing or if you want to add them all which might redo some of them. Next select the items you want to add the new nodes to then go to the bone tab and select the nodes you want from the list.

Next go to shape - copy selected weights then shape - transfer selected weights then export. If you get a weight paint error just export it. Close outfit studio and load it back up with the nif again select all part and go to shape - mask all weighted vertice this will turn everything that is weighted black and the spots that are not weighted will be light in color.

Click one of the bad parts and then go to the bone tab and start clicking on the bone tabs till you find the one closest to the bad spot then hold down the left mouse button and paint the bad spot repeat for each spot export again and cross fingers that it doesn't find another spot to whine about.

Archived