Good 3D adult games

thatguy1!

my game - Total Seduction is fully 3d and does not have any scene 2d image in it. you can recognize this by the ability to rotate and zoom the camera any time. but the problem with fully 3d games is, that the models are obviously not the same resolution and details as "fake" 3d games, where all scenes are rendered beforehand, not in real time. so some people like the game for a lot of content, but some point out to the quality of models. you can try it, maybe you will like it.

Star ship I'd would say is a grey area because it's visual novel but it's fully 3d rendered. Abandoned definitely falls into what they want. Without really trying to promote it, you move about a station and at points you can fuck the girls. At certain times you have to go through pages of dialog to unlock some scenes, others are just handed to you.

my game - Total Seduction is fully 3d and does not have any scene 2d image in it. you can recognize this by the ability to rotate and zoom the camera any time. but the problem with fully 3d games is, that the models are obviously not the same resolution and details as "fake" 3d games, where all scenes are rendered beforehand, not in real time. so some people like the game for a lot of content, but some point out to the quality of models. you can try it, maybe you will like it.

As far as i have seen it , the most games with 2d pre-rendered content are using the DAZ3d models. You can use the original model directly from daz3d in your games (if you have buyed a license), for example the genesis 2 female model does have about 25k poly for the body only. You just have to watch out to optimize the hair and clothes for the models since these are very... very.. very.. poly intensive.

In my mind , the hardest thing with 3d games is to code all the stuff around the game. Stuff like : general behaviour of the NPC's and the game itself. or/and even the basic gameplay elements. And you have to create animations.. and a navhmesh solution.. and maybe a interace for character clothing..and.. urggss... >_<

yeah, the poly count is a problem. 25k is still quite a lot to render in real time. for example, skyrim use models with around 5000-10000 polygons for larger objects. dragons have around 15k. i use 8000-10000 polygons models in my game and the quality is still a problem, mainly in some acrobatic sex positions, where joints are in extreme angles. but the main issue is a post-processing, such as anti-aliasing, shaders, lighting, reflections, etc. that is the main reason pre-rendered images look better than real-time.

In my mind , the hardest thing with 3d games is to code all the stuff around the game. Stuff like : general behaviour of the NPC's and the game itself. or/and even the basic gameplay elements. And you have to create animations.. and a navhmesh solution.. and maybe a interace for character clothing..and.. urggss... >_<

the truth is, it is not that difficult, when the programmer know what he is doing. but it is nearly impossible task for beginners. i have made the mistake many times myself - i started to make the game by creating graphics and than i wanted to code the game around it, even i did not had an experience at that time. big mistake. it needs to be done other way around - start with the game engine, including game ai and mechanics and than make the graphics. many authors now want to make a game without an idea what is needed for such task. that is why there is so many unfinished projects.

the truth is, it is not that difficult, when the programmer know what he is doing. but it is nearly impossible task for beginners. i have made the mistake many times myself - i started to make the game by creating graphics and than i wanted to code the game around it, even i did not had an experience at that time. big mistake. it needs to be done other way around - start with the game engine, including game ai and mechanics and than make the graphics. many authors now want to make a game without an idea what is needed for such task. that is why there is so many unfinished projects.

As a programmer, I agree.

But on the other end, I've made another mistake: creating a game engine and AI without a serious artistic direction (so, at least 2D graphics to know what I was aiming for). I ended up with a nice framework, but nothing interesting to show (you want to recruit with cubes and capsules? try it), and a huge 3D workload with no proper style lead. Eventually, it broke my drive (my will, not my HDD) and boom: unfinished project.

Also, 3D games are by essence a lot of work (I'm talking about 3D gameplay game here). Just with one more dimension, the number of things to take into account grows at an alarming rate for any game type (seems Kerny knows what I'm talking about), thus inducing failure for the unsuspecting creators. You won't see much of those for this reason.

there's a certain version of 3DSexVilla that is free and packed with content, but is legally questionable (the 3DSV devs are greedy as hell, but still...)

Look it up if it's your thing, but one might prefer Honey Select (or any other Illusion one) for the more anime feel.

Still, they are more posers than games.

Also, 3D games are by essence a lot of work (I'm talking about 3D gameplay game here). Just with one more dimension, the number of things to take into account grows at an alarming rate for any game type (seems Kerny knows what I'm talking about), thus inducing failure for the unsuspecting creators. You won't see much of those for this reason.

yeah, i think that is the problem and the reason why there are so few 3d games. if programmer wants to code an environment for a visual novel, he needs to know how to work with forms, files and images. if he wants to code environment for a 3d game, he needs to know all that, plus much more. i wouldn't recommend to attempt it without the knowledge of advanced trigonometry and algebra, such as quaternions, translation and rotation matrices for orientation in 3d space, bayesian theorem for ai, graph theory for navigation and so on. and at the end, the result may not be as appealing as a visual novel, because he cannot use such high res models and postprocessing. all in all, too much work with often not guaranteed results. but i'm trying it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

As a programmer, I agree.

But on the other end, I've made another mistake: creating a game engine and AI without a serious artistic direction (so, at least 2D graphics to know what I was aiming for). I ended up with a nice framework, but nothing interesting to show (you want to recruit with cubes and capsules? try it), and a huge 3D workload with no proper style lead. Eventually, it broke my drive (my will, not my HDD) and boom: unfinished project.

there's a certain version of 3DSexVilla that is free and packed with content, but is legally questionable (the 3DSV devs are greedy as hell, but still...)

Look it up if it's your thing, but one might prefer Honey Select (or any other Illusion one) for the more anime feel.

Still, they are more posers than games.

it's called tk17 don't remember website. ok but not fantastic. large community though.

Archived