Stardew Valley Mod

Yeah, I personally would go for a way to obscure the player head. So you would also not go into a to big hairstyle mismatch. On the other hand, this isn't that easy to do, that it still looks good.

Like I said, I think this is most important for female players. Like in the example gif, the fokus there is on Abby. But with a fem player it would reverse. Maybe playing around with the angle. 

But I'm sure you will find a good way :) I'm looking forward to see more animations :)

Stardew Valley definately has a lot of erotic potential! All those cutscenes... all that scope for adult scenarios.

Adapting for  different player characters would be the biggest  hurdle. Perhaps different layers in the framework of the animations, which could then be adapted would be good for this (though I don't doubt this would take a lot of work, and be more an aspiration). By using a framework, switching the female player character with the female NPC, or the male equivelants might save some time. Obscuring the player character could work to. Maybe taking inspiration from http://lmsketch.tumblr.com/

Ideas for a seduction skill sounds cool too, or maybe an exhibitionist trait (maybe like found in Oniki's KinkyWorld mod for Sims 3)There is a lot of  promise here for multiple sexualities here to, considering the different adult relationships that can be made. There is some Stardew fan art out there, but the work by Sparrow, http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/Sparrow/page/2 could provide some interesting ideas.

Varriations of different vanilla scenes would work for me just fine   :)

"You hit Penny with a rock.  They're mad at you now"

This is the kind of content I've been needing in my life.

But in all seriousness, a random roll system with modifiers on the interactions is a pretty nice idea.  Simple and understandable, and makes it not just a matter of "Click the thing and get the thing".  

Harrismon up there mentioned layering the animation, which sounds to my untrained ears like a feasible, if more work intensive, method of managing character appearance differences, though if there's some kind of custom hairstyle mod or anything out there it wouldn't show them.  I guess it'd come down to "only works with vanilla appearances without some kind of patch".  But then, that's the beauty of designing it as a framework, if that's still your intention.

Not sure how much mileage there is to be gotten out of some kind of dedicated skill for something like seduction, sex or exhibitionism, however.  If custom skills are possible, maybe just a generalised "social" or "human interaction" skill would be ideal, as it could just be an umbrella cover for all those different aspects, certain things becoming available at certain skill levels.  It would also give better context for leveling the skill as simply talking and giving gifts would be able to contribute to level ups, albeit slowly, since it would be very easy to grind quickly with the number of people you can interact with.  Or maybe a cap on possible experience per day or something.

My main concern is if there's some way to backfire the skill, like making character hate you or something, the low number of characters present could make it game breaking.  After all, it's not like the sims where there's a high number of characters with little individual impact that will be discarded and replaced with new ones.

Hmm. I'm still trying to figure out the skills/traits. I have some ideas but they're not 100% concrete yet.

As for backfiring, I intend for that to happen. I'm going to try and keep people from getting stuck in a corner, but there have to be repercussions for risky actions. Also, it allows for more complex scenarios where you can make up with an estranged or upset character. 

Back to animations, like i said, i'll experiment with a few methods. One of those is skinning, which is similar to what's been mentioned. That allows me to make a different "skin" and apply it to the animation. But that's still 1 additional skin per hairstyle per animation, and there are like 32 in the base game. So probably no to different hairstyles. But that will let me swap actors and possibly even allow for generic animations.

Other options i was considering are phantom penis or POV animations. Both kind of get weird for female/submissive player characters, but i could make it work. POV animations would be a bitch do, so that leaves phantom penis/torso. Which honestly i'm really leaning towards since it's almost 50% less work per animation.

If other people do pick this up and decide to add onto the framework, it's entirely within reason to leave the problematic parts of the animations simplistic so you can focus on other, more technical aspects.  If people know how to alter or add onto the animations or how the characters are represented in them, then in theory anyone armed with that knowledge could work through adding what they want to add, different hairs, skin colours, maybe even body shapes and all the rest.

What kind of option would allow for the most accessible and streamlined customisation of the characters?  If it's going to end up as a lot more work to actually implement everything yourself, but is an easier method for someone to pick up and do, it's entirely possible to just shelf that aspect until you feel like adding to it, or someone else comes along and says they can do some work on it.

Of course, this is coming from someone with literally no understanding of how SDV works or how you've approached setting up your mod, so for all I know I'm just speaking pointless nonsense.  If phantom bodyparts or a similar method is the best way to go about it, no one will criticise that, I'm just thinking if it's possible to go about it and leave it as easy to add onto as possible, someone else interested could cover that while you work on what you want to.  That is the beauty of a framework, after all.

This looks pretty promising. I do wonder, do we have the ability to, instead of showing a box with an animation inside it, to change the sprites of the characters through interaction. If that were possible, then we could really do some interesting stuff.

Maybe this is actually already possible, I haven't been in the Stardew Valley modding scene for quite a while...

I think the best way to deal with a failed dice roll would be to just simply lose a heart. Since you can regain them with gifts, this shouldn't lead you into a dead end and also giving you a risk for the roll.

About the Face thing:

I alos thought about POV and found it not suitable. I like POV in general. Like in Skyrim where I'm most of the time in POV and want it in Sex scenes, too to keep the immersion. But in Stardew Valley you normally aren't in POV. And there I want to see my Char. Switching to pov wouldn't break immersion there. Also it is, as you said, a pain in the ass to make.

Paint all variants of Hair, eyes etc for each animation and then let the game put it together would be waaay to much work. Even for vanilla options. This is the old Breeding Season problem. For the time this method would take you could do more animation which would be superior.

Ghost penis.. mhh.. yeah it is less work but I personally like this the least. I would more like to have a default hair and empty face then a ghost penis. Because it seems more engaging. Also it doesn't work with female players. In this case you would need a ghost vagina an where is the point in that :D

In this case, I would A) just leaf it as it is with empty face and default hair, or B), like I said, let the head slowly fade out at the neck.

Giving the example animation, the animation is in the center with many empty room around it. A possibility there would be to make like an oval around the animation and let it outside fate to dark (or another color that meets the mood). There the male head can be hidden while the animation is still in focus. That would be my idea.

In case of a female player and same position, you could turn the angle 90°. So the player Char isn't facing the camera.

But like I said, leaving as the example is, would be deal breaking. It's still pretty good and I love to see more of these. I just brought it up in terms of optimization  :)

Take as much time as you need. Stardew Valley could really do with a mod like this; the labourious hoeing of melons is taking its toll.

That reminds me of a mini-idea I had for Stardew. It'd might be pretty amusing if every so often, instead of harvesting gold quality produce, it was possible to instead harvest produced shaped in a rather erotic ways. I mean in various british village fairs, they often have the 'suggestive vegetable competition'  These could achieve extra special reward/price could be made of it). Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

I must say, I am impressed with your mod. I have been looking for something like this for some time and it is great so see that someone else is seeing things the same way and filling that gap. I was thinking that it might be more immersive to have character sprite animations instead of the large ones that most people cannot identify with, but I see their charm.

I have some experience in pixel art if that would help you in some way?

A framework would be a good idea. Hmm.

As for portraits, i'd prefer to leave them as-is. On one hand, i like them. On the other, if an update comes out (which looks good seeing how active the dev is), it could easily break.

A framework would be nice. Last time I checked game mods are coded in C#? I tried fiddling with modding when the game came out but I got lazy.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE please please please please.....I am a female character, the animation, i want to be able to see the guys screwing the fuck outta me lol I hate when people only mod for male pc's.... I will try to support you as much as i can and help i just really hope you over that support for the mod.  side note..... instead of petting your farm animals there could be other things you do as well :P 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. Sorry to say it, but i have to put this permanently on the back burner. Sorry to anyone who was excited to see this in the near future.

If anyone wants to collaborate to get it to a playable release, let me know. I'll help you in any way i can. If the modding tools mature a bit more and i have time to spend, i'll pick this back up.

In the meantime, i'm probably going to start up a similar project, but as a stand-alone game where i have more freedom in what i can do. I'm kind of tired fighting to make a mod when i could just make my own game for the same effort. I hope nobody feels abandoned or anything, i just feel that's a better use of my energy right now.

Hey guys. Sorry to say it, but i have to put this permanently on the back burner. Sorry to anyone who was excited to see this in the near future.

If anyone wants to collaborate to get it to a playable release, let me know. I'll help you in any way i can. If the modding tools mature a bit more and i have time to spend, i'll pick this back up.

In the meantime, i'm probably going to start up a similar project, but as a stand-alone game where i have more freedom in what i can do. I'm kind of tired fighting to make a mod when i could just make my own game for the same effort. I hope nobody feels abandoned or anything, i just feel that's a better use of my energy right now.

I was wondering if this was dead at this point.

Would you mind releasing your source code at least so that someone else can revive the project if they wish...?

Possibly, probably not to the general public though. The code isn't really up to par with what i'd be comfortable sharing and i'm using some 3rd party code (Spine SDK), so i'd need to check for licensing issues as well. Ping me if you're interested though, like i said.

• 1 month later...

Possibly, probably not to the general public though. The code isn't really up to par with what i'd be comfortable sharing and i'm using some 3rd party code (Spine SDK), so i'd need to check for licensing issues as well. Ping me if you're interested though, like i said.

Hey unsure, can we know if you are still working on this?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Stardew Valley Mod (Yet untitled)

I'm working on a yet untitled mod for Stardew Valley. The current goal is to create a framework for extending NPC dialogue and behavior, as well as including animations and other fun things. It is inspired by Sexlab, albeit more focused and limited.

I'm the only developer/artist working on this mod, but please feel free to provide feedback.

Most Recent Update:

RPG-inspired stats checks:

Dialogue checks (pass/fail) based on stats and luck

post-90845-0-81182700-1485071626.gif

Previous Updates:

Dialogue with Choices (1-21-19):

Implemented dialogue with NPCs

post-90845-0-72320900-1484989396.gif

Animation Loading and Rendering (1-15-17):

Implemented a cheesy animation and got it loading into the game.

post-90845-0-94472200-1484989889.gif

• 6 months later...