New modder questions

Hey all, I just want to say first that I love what you guys are doing here. The depth of perversity here is shocking and entertaining lol! However, there is a serious lack of mods for male pcs, so I decided to try to give those of us who prefer to play as males a chance to get their rewards.

Mostly I am planning on simply giving you an option to complete certain quests in sexual manner, or to receive sex as an additional or alternate reward for completing quests. So, first things first, just how difficult is it to add in different options for completing quests? Is it just a matter of modifying dialogue strings and the occasional variable, or is it a hair pulling adventure? I don't want to have a first mod totally turn me off of modding.

Hey all' date=' I just want to say first that I love what you guys are doing here. The depth of perversity here is shocking and entertaining lol! However, there is a serious lack of mods for male pcs, so I decided to try to give those of us who prefer to play as males a chance to get their rewards.

Mostly I am planning on simply giving you an option to complete certain quests in sexual manner, or to receive sex as an additional or alternate reward for completing quests. So, first things first, just how difficult is it to add in different options for completing quests? Is it just a matter of modifying dialogue strings and the occasional variable, or is it a hair pulling adventure? I don't want to have a first mod totally turn me off of modding.

[/quote']

Not too difficult. But if you want to keep maximum compatibility with other mods, it's best to have your alternate dialogue options running in a separate quest instead of tampering with existing topics/lines. Otherwise there are bound to be conflicts at some point, and having to try and figure out why people claim your mod broke something else can turn you off modding too. Right before you start is a good point to think of how you can keep it clean - technically.

It all depends on how Vanilla handles something of course. If particular actions cause a quest stage or variable to be set, you can simply check for those in your own quest to know it's a good time for your options to show up. If not, well, then you have to be a bit creative. Can't say much more than that without specifics.

Aye, keep as much in a separate quest as is possible, every alteration to the vanilla quest is a potential issue. Most of the other quests I've seen that alter an existing one add pretty much one dialog option to the original that leads into the sexout version.

From there the only major thing is consistency. Know what quests changes happen when, and what they do. Update the relevant ones where necessary.

Perhaps one thing to consider as well is post quest content. If you solve a quest the sexout way, have it alter how the quest affects the world.

How extreme are you planning with some of them? A lot of possibilities for some quests.

Thanks for the replies. I am not planning on doing anything crazy just yet, as this is still my first mod. One of the ideas that I had was to possibly change "Flags of our Foul-ups" to have Mags screw the Sgt to convince him to pass the squad. Otherwise, whichever way of the four that you use to complete the quest (training/drugs/niceness/cheat the system) whoever suggested that route can be seduced.

As far as how extreme I am planning this to be, are you referring to content or options? Content wise, it will probably depend on the quest itself. I can't see going extreme fetish for some quests, but for something like "Young Hearts" maybe a bit of blackmail of Janet or if you have a slave mod installed, enslaving her to be your own little play toy and breaking Jack's heart :)

Archived