dawnguard and vampire overhauls

To be safe, avoid any vampire overhauls until after Dawnguard comes out. About a week after release, check up on the vampire mods you were looking at and see if anything has been reported. If not, then go for it.

I say this because, contrary to jancicc's statement, we don't know what it will change, or if it will change anything at all.

I can tell you for certain that werewolf changes are coming.

At least that's what all the new werewolf texture sets indicate (which exist in the CK, but are not yet in the game files):

NewTextures.jpg

The interesting thing here, is the manner of file naming. The way these are set up, it seem's they'll also be adding new armo and arma forms utilizing new meshes. Further indicating that the current one piece werewolf will become a muti-part race like humanoids. Using new, separate meshes for the head, hands, body, feet, and tail.

The other interesting detail, is the separate male/female files (currently there is no difference, they both use the same mesh and texture set regardless of sex in an unmodded game).

So yeah, big changes are coming. I just hope they don't break too much this time. Because most of the modders I know are pretty fed up with endlessly fixing Bethesda's screwups (myself included).

Trykz

As long as you don't install DLC, you should be fine. Just make a clean save before you put DLC in.

There are 2 things I want from Dawnguard, the neck bite kill animation and the vampire lord. However, I will probably wait until they make an attractive transformation before I use it.

As long as you don't install DLC' date=' you should be fine. Just make a clean save before you put DLC in.

There are 2 things I want from Dawnguard, the neck bite kill animation and the vampire lord. However, I will probably wait until they make an attractive transformation before I use it.

[/quote']

idk, the transformation i saw when playing the xbox version at a friend's house didn't look that bad. it just looks like your character is having a heart attack and turning all black.

As long as you don't install DLC' date=' you should be fine. Just make a clean save before you put DLC in.

[/quote']

idk, the transformation i saw when playing the xbox version at a friend's house didn't look that bad. it just looks like your character is having a heart attack and turning all black.

Well, I have a problem of "notplayingmalecharacter" or anything resemble male. I would wait for sexy vampire lord version.

What passed for you may not pass for me ;p

Archived