(WIP) The Synx - a classic custom Oblivion Race - by Trykz

Trykz

This mod has literally been months in the making. I started it back in March, and have been patiently locating various bits and pieces to assemble it. It still has a little ways to go, but it's far enough along that I'm comfortable revealing what's done at this point:

SynxMain.jpg

This is the current stage of the 10 unedited presets as they appear at character creation (only the hairs were changed in the racemenu):

Synx01.jpg

Synx02.jpg

Synx03.jpg

Synx04.jpg

Synx05.jpg

Synx06.jpg

Synx07.jpg

Synx08.jpg

Synx09.jpg

Synx10.jpg

As noted above, this is EXACTLY how they appear in the racemenu.

I'm working up some custom skintone colors as well, mostly from the very pale end of the spectrum, to a nice pinkish hue. I also still need to work up their racials and statistics. I spent a good amount of the day fixing things, as they were broken with the 1.6 update along with my other races.

Anyway, thought you might like to see what I'm currently working on along with Mjana's Labyrinth ;)

Trykz

As much as I love your race mods I kinda miss the look that the Synx had in Oblivion but well it's pretty much impossible to recreate it.

Looked at my Synx char in Oblivion and these Synx girls in Skyrim, it is hard to believe they are the same race.:P

The face making mechanisms are too different from each other, yes, it is impossible to make the same face again.

I certainly don't disagree.

But I'm still hunting down various parts and customization options. As you both pointed out, the morph pieces are vastly different. I'm looking at trying the enhanced character editor in tandem with different morph meshes (there are a few available now) to see what I can achieve with that combination.

But as it was with many Oblivion races, bear in mind that not everyone's character looked like your own. If you look at the user images posted at the original mod's page, that's the range of customization I'm looking for ;)

Trykz

Spoiler tags would be great considering them images are large.

I'll repeat this again:

I DO NOT spoiler tag images in my WIP threads. The biggest image is 1210x756. If you can't deal, don't look. Thanks

Alternatively, buy a bigger monitor.

Trykz

Spoiler tags would be great considering them images are large.

I'll repeat this again:

I DO NOT spoiler tag images in my WIP threads. The biggest image is 1210x756. If you can't deal' date=' don't look. Thanks

Alternatively, buy a bigger monitor.

Trykz

[/quote']

lol, alternatively, just use multi monitors ^.^

Getting closer to the basics:

I wish eye sockets were a separate headpart. Then this would be a lot easier LOL

Trykz

Eyes can be changed via the facegen files no? Radio's BFG is the first mod I've seen that drastically changes the eyes.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6953

Looking great btw.

That shot is actually using Radio's files. Unfortunately, it only resizes two eye choices. Which is better than nothing I guess :P

I'm looking at Ran's morphs now. I want to see if the eye rotate morph works with elven eyes. If so, I may be able to get just the right look.

Trykz

I have Ryans mod' date=' and eye rotation does work with elven eyes.

[/quote']

Nice.

Any chance you could post the file you have? I've looked in dozens of folders, and can't seem to find it.

TIA,

Trykz

Getting closer to the basics:

I wish eye sockets were a separate headpart. Then this would be a lot easier LOL

Trykz

Eyes can be changed via the facegen files no? Radio's BFG is the first mod I've seen that drastically changes the eyes.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6953

Looking great btw.

His old OBFM mod made the eyes even bigger. Sadly he removed it now because he thought his face mod wasn't high quality enough.

So I set a bit of time aside to work on this some more, and here's where I'm at right now:

Synx01a.jpg

I really wish there were more of a selection of bigger eyes, but until more face morphs become available, the selection is pretty small at the moment. The elven eyes didn't really look right, so I decided against them for now, but I'll post a few pics tommorrow with the eyes I added to see what others think.

Trykz

I was rather disappointed to find that this thread wasn't about The Synx

My goat! it ran away! Where did you say you found it?

Ontopic, why not creating a new headmesh solely for the race? that would solve most problems...

EDIT: I said nothing, Trykz. They can be done yet.

Ontopic' date=' why not creating a new headmesh solely for the race? that would solve most problems...

EDIT: I said nothing, Trykz. They can be done yet.

[/quote']

I really need to set aside some time to learn some mesh editing.

But I don't think a new headmesh would resolve anything. I'm pretty sure eye socket shape and size are handled in the morph mesh, not the head itself.

Trykz

• 1 month later...

pic links are dead in the water...

LOL.... you necro'd a month old thread to tell me this? :P

The pics I actually had to remove from my crappy ISP webspace to make much needed room. A lot of pics from my older WIP threads probably won't work anymore.

But I hope to eventually get back to this race in a few months. I think I found the perfect headmesh to use, but it needs a little modifying, that I unfortunately don't have the time to learn right now :s

Archived