Sims 3 or Sims 4?

Guest Redabyss

Alright, the dreaded message would be:

Unfilled Roles:

Gameplay/Roles/RoleBaristaBarTender: BaristaBarTenderCareerTitle: Filled 0, Empty 2

Proprietor: Filled 2, Empty 1

Location Merchant: Filled 0, Empty 8

How do I make it stop?

Unfilled Roles:

Gameplay/Roles/RoleBaristaBarTender: BaristaBarTenderCareerTitle: Filled 0, Empty 2

How do I make it stop?

Somewhere in the settings on NRAAS Register you can tell it to stop notifying you of that kind of thing. Looking at the wiki, the option you want is accessed through the NRAAS Register menu from City Hall, under "Services." Toggle "Show Notices" to off, and you're done.

Guest Redabyss

Unfilled Roles:

How do I make it stop?

Somewhere in the settings on NRAAS Register you can tell it to stop notifying you of that kind of thing. Looking at the wiki, the option you want is accessed through the NRAAS Register menu from City Hall, under "Services." Toggle "Show Notices" to off, and you're done.

Completely solved the problem by deleting Register! Thanks anyway :)

Well, because of the sale on Origin at the moment I treated myself to Sims 4 base game (£16.99). Short answer as to whether 3 or 4, I have to say 3 for me.  Sims 4 feels cartoonish in comparison to Sims 3 and whilst I guess things can only get better as Modders work through the game-play and fix it, right now it seems very 'click-click-click-clicky' if you know what I mean - you have to click to get stuff happening constantly.  I did love the 'Instant furnished room' feature and a lot of the build tools, but even with the Sims 3 camera option, I found building clunky, and also - unless I missed something - I couldn't tilt down or up where I needed to get a good look at something.   I prefer to play 3 with just "Passion" installed, minimal lag and all-around more autonomy and Sim-willed action, and I can look at everything from every angle.  I will persevere with it, but for now I'm sticking with Sims 3 :)

x

I finally decided to get myself Sims 4 for Christmas so I've been playing it a lot the last couple of days. I admit, I was disappointed at first and playing it actually made me feel very nostalgic for TS3 so on like my third day of Simsmas I went ahead and reinstalled it... but as soon as I ran into 10+ minute loading screens and CAS literally choking to death just trying to load all the vanilla+expansion+a few store items, I remembered why I stopped playing Sims 3 in the first place XD That was back on my old compy and I thought the poor old thing was at fault, but nopes, apparently even on my modern setup the game itself just can't handle all (well, most of) its DLC.

So I said my final goodbyes to TS3 and have been playing TS4 ever since, this time without nostalgia getting in the way. It has way less content and a part of me misses the true open world and pattern customisation of everything, OH! And vampires! And fairies! AND CATS AND HORSIES! Okay so I miss a lot of stuff... ANYWAYS, yah some things are missing but I think I prefer a smoother, better optimised experience in the end. And my favourite supernaturals and pets will most likely be added back in eventually. Like there will be riots if EA doesn't let us own cats soon!

That said I haven't modded my game a lot just yet (only character textures, makeup, hairs and some outfits so far) so I guess there's still the risk that performance will drop dead on its face when I inevitably download all of TSR... XD

But the game's been running beautifully so far and once I accepted it for what it is I've been having lots of fun with the 3 households I made. One is an alien scientist who has a lot of trouble making friends because her disguise keeps failing and she has to erase their memories. Another is two sisters trying to run a bakery and failing badly because they don't have enough money to efficiently cover the expenses just yet. And then there's also a soon-to-be-married couple that I want to develop into a generational playthrough but I haven't done much with them yet.

It's not as much playstyle diversity as fully featured Sims 3 would offer but it's more than enough for the couple hours a day I have to play/mod games. And I prefer to spend this time actually doing stuff rather than waiting for stuff to load.

I have all sims 4 EP's and the latest wicked wicked whims plus all the animations and I can honestly say that compared to the sims 3 its rubbish,  The only advantage it has over the sims 3 is it is much smoother game play wise and loads quicker.  Sims 3 looks better and is far more immersive and once you get it running smoothly is just a far better experience.  Kinky World and  Wicked Whims are great mods that are both still being developed but KW has far more to it than Wicked Whims at this stage.  Problem thou is that I can not find anyone who is currently creating animations for Sims 3.  For me personally Sims 4 has failed as I always go back to sims 3.  

Sims 4 just seems lifeless compared to 3 but I keep hoping for a really good Ep for Sims 4 that will even the balance.

Been playing a lot of TS4 recently. I preordered it on release and even went the South Korean VPN route, so I could play it a day or two early. I was pretty disappointed in it, and never touched it again until this Christmas. With the progression in content available and the Origin Winter Sale, i'm really into the game now.

I'll miss TS3, but even on my new gaming rig it is laggy and just buggy as hell. I might go back to it sometime.

Archived