Creation Kit - Don't Havok Settle and Starts Dead conflict

Jerok

Hello,

I've been working on my first follower + small quest mod and I was taking my time using "don't havok settle" to place some non static objects the way I wanted them to (example: sword stabbing the ground). Since it seemed like a straighforward process I focused on other things for a while and when I finally go and test the cell everything is shown out of place, they do indeed stay put, AFTER the game settles them on the ground.

...a lot of browsing, searching and experimenting later...

Turns out the culprit(s) messing with the "don't havok settle" on some objects were the corpses I set to "start dead". If I remove the "start dead" option from them or disable them the objects I set to stay put do indeed show as I intended them to.

Any thoughts on how to work around this issue? I want both the objects and the dead bodies to show up how I set them up on CK. Applying Kill() on them would mess that up.

Maybe I can set the corpses to be enabled after a certain loading event?

Thanks~

[EDIT]
This seems to only happen with corpses of the playable races.
[/EDIT]

Archived