View File

1. Short

Replaces _empty_ placed soulgems and ones in leveled lists (chests etc.) for soulgem fragments.

2. Longer

With mods like Soulgem Oven, I felt that soulgems were dropping out of the wazoo. So I cooked up this attempt to alleviate the "issue". It modifies the leveled lists and cells so that whenever you were supposed to find/ loot a soulgem, you now get a fragment instead. It does _NOT_ touch filled gems. Those drop/ loot/ whatever the same as before (I hope). Neither should it affect vendored gems of either variant.

Cleaned with TESVEdit.

3. Installation/ uninstallation

Either extract manually to your Skyrim/Data or use your favourite mod management software. Uninstallation works in reverse order.

4. Compatibility/ Loadorder

I just let LOOT sort it out, but if you have any other mods that do similar tricks, I would surmise the two would clash.

5. Parting words

You may freely (re)distribute or modify this, as long as it stays free. A pat on the back would be appreciated, but I will not hold it against you.

Thank you for your attention.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/14/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
    Skyrim, Dawnguard, HearthFire, Dragonborn
  • Special Edition Compatible

alternately you could lower the number of gems an npc is allowed to carry to like 1, or lengthen the time it takes a gem to mature. enable belly damage for the player. lower the pregnancy chance. its got an mcm for a reason heheh.

i hope you only used the fragments that existed already in skyrim.esm, those are the only like 3-4 of them it will recognize as ones that can be incubated later.

• 2 weeks later...

Newest version should fix Dwemer machines (how did I forget them in the first place) although I still keep getting gems from containers and as drops, but I also get fragments. So mostly it works, but something hinky is going on...

Two things that might help (that you probably already know, but I thought I'd put them here just in case):

If you select the "All" category in the object window, and type "soulgem" into the search box, you'll get a list of every item, spell, leveled list, etcetera that deals with soulgems. This should help you track down remaining ones.

post-462261-0-68083800-1482838442_thumb.jpg

If you right-click on an object and select "Use Info," a window will pop up showing you everywhere the item is used in the game. I can't remember off the top of my head if that includes script properties though.

post-462261-0-38503800-1482838452_thumb.jpg

In any case, I wonder if the problem with getting full soulgems instead of fragments is because some leveled lists haven't been edited yet. Or maybe you've got some other mod that's adding them back in.

Newest version should fix Dwemer machines (how did I forget them in the first place) although I still keep getting gems from containers and as drops, but I also get fragments. So mostly it works, but something hinky is going on...

Two things that might help (that you probably already know, but I thought I'd put them here just in case):

If you select the "All" category in the object window, and type "soulgem" into the search box, you'll get a list of every item, spell, leveled list, etcetera that deals with soulgems. This should help you track down remaining ones.

attachicon.gifhelp1.jpg

If you right-click on an object and select "Use Info," a window will pop up showing you everywhere the item is used in the game. I can't remember off the top of my head if that includes script properties though.

attachicon.gifhelp2.jpg

In any case, I wonder if the problem with getting full soulgems instead of fragments is because some leveled lists haven't been edited yet. Or maybe you've got some other mod that's adding them back in.

Thanks for the tips, appreciate it. The problem is, not every soulgem is in leveled iist containing word soulgem. Additionally, I am uncertain how the DummySoulgem item works. It uses the leveled list for loot, but the item itself has keyword (whatever that is) which uses vendor gems... I am apprehensive about editing the dummy item by removing any keywords as I could not find any useful info on them... Learning process =D

Filled gems dropping fits my original agenda - I neved edited those lists -, empty ones still keep creeping up.