Need Blender Help

hi

first of all if i am in the wrong place with this post just tell me were the best place is to go for blender help and ill move

i need help solving a problem in blender, basically im trying to make a jacket for my character, i spent ages trimming away bits of an existing outfit to get the jacket part i wanted on its own.

my problem is whenever i try and put the jacket with any other outfit in nifskope it has really annoying alignment issues, i think i might have moved it by accident,

Does anyone know how to reset the X,Y,Z axis back to zero in blender so it should be re alighned.

i have tried re-aligning it both with blender and with nifskope but the jacket always shows up UN-aligned again in the actual game.

Does anyone know how to fix this either through blender or nifskope?

please help me i dont even know were to begin this is my first go at something in blender!!!!.

Guest user29

Also when you say you trimmed away things I'm going to assume you either selected each vertices individually or face or whatever. In edit mode if you hit "b" twice you'll go into a painter sort of thing that allows you to paint over all the vertices you want to select. Then you can mass delete them. I only just figured that out a couple weeks ago :P

thanks for the advice Evilrunner and user29, im going to bed now but ill give blender another go tomorrow.

also im eventually maybe gunna upload all the clothing ive been making for my personal use here at some point, do i need to obtain permissions for using a bunch of people,s stuff to upload it to loverslab?

i already know i need all that for nexus or ill get banned

It's generally good practice to have permission for anything you release. I don't do anything that doesn't have permissions for myself' date=' but I don't imagine you would get into trouble here.

[/quote']

ye im gunna try and get permission for everything but some of the meshes iv borrowed are from mods i cant find anymore so not sure if i can track down the owner, but ill tackle that problem when i come to it.

Ctrl + L selects all connected vertices as well. Alt + RMB selects edge loops' date=' probably the most useful one if you're working in quads.

[/quote']

really really wished id new about the Ctrl+L thing before i spent 2 days individually trimming hundreds of vertices,

thanks a bunch

Half of blender modelling is knowing all the different things you can do' date=' something for which there is very little documentation. The latest 2.6x releases are far far better for usability, but sadly don't support nif scripts yet.

[/quote']

ye i just started using it a couple if days ago, so im looking for as many usefull tips as possible, do you know any good places to get them

ok got a new problem.

for another project im trying to put the stock from the assault carbine onto the service rifle because i don't like the front of the assault carbine.

(FYI the stock is the rifle part your shoulder rests against)

my plan was to chop away the front of the assault carbine leaving only the stock, then i was going to cut away the service rifle stock, then i wanted to use nifskope to paste the two together

i had a couple of issues with that, ill start with the first issue to keep thing simple

for some reason when i export my chopped service rifle from blender it changes the order of everything in the block list, it basically takes the original list and puts it all under a scene root screwing everything up.

i tried copying the cropped mesh i wanted into the original UN-cropped file replacing the gun mesh but that resulted in it being invisible in the geck

any ideas on how to fix this? if you have a better way of doing this let me know and ill do that.

Guest Donkey

if you don't know the keys. hit space bar and the full menu for blender will appear allong side the numbers needing to use, in order to use it.

• 1 month later...

anybody know how to mess with the UV map using blender?

basically i edited an outfit by chopping out middle bits making a gap and than closed it up using ALT+M to shorten an outfit anyone know how i can merge vertices for the normal map because the texture is now messed up, there is still a gap in the UV map

basically i edited an outfit by chopping out middle bits making a gap and than closed it up using ALT+M to shorten an outfit anyone know how i can merge vertices for the normal map because the texture is now messed up' date=' there is still a gap in the UV map

[/quote']

I do not know how to do anything in Blender, but you can adjust the uv map in NifSkope (if you rightclick on the mesh you will have two options for the uv map -- one exports the geometry for if you want to do texture work in a paint program, and the other gives you an interface that lets you change the uv map).

If you have a lot of vertices, this can be painful, but you do get live updates in nifskope, so you can instantly see your changes (and control-Z works until you exit the uv editting mode).

In UV Editing mode, you can use your mouse wheel (or right drag) to zoom in and out, middle click will move your view, and left click lets you select or drag vertices. You also have a lot of right click options, including some that let you extend your selection (and everything selected stays together when you drag them).

basically i edited an outfit by chopping out middle bits making a gap and than closed it up using ALT+M to shorten an outfit anyone know how i can merge vertices for the normal map because the texture is now messed up' date=' there is still a gap in the UV map

[/quote']

I do not know how to do anything in Blender, but you can adjust the uv map in NifSkope (if you rightclick on the mesh you will have two options for the uv map -- one exports the geometry for if you want to do texture work in a paint program, and the other gives you an interface that lets you change the uv map).

If you have a lot of vertices, this can be painful, but you do get live updates in nifskope, so you can instantly see your changes (and control-Z works until you exit the uv editting mode).

In UV Editing mode, you can use your mouse wheel (or right drag) to zoom in and out, middle click will move your view, and left click lets you select or drag vertices. You also have a lot of right click options, including some that let you extend your selection (and everything selected stays together when you drag them).

thanks for the reply but i know about all that stuff already im trying to do something more complicated.

Did you have the texture applied when you started slicing n' dicing the mesh? If so, you should just be able to unwrap it again to create new texture files. If not you're probably going to have to either back up and do it over again with the texture applied, or just create new textures from 'scratch' with the new UVmap.

I'm not aware of any apps that can transform a texture from one projection to another arbitrarily, and doing that is likely pretty difficult, because there is no real relationship between points on the old projection and points on the new one.

Archived