FNIS PCEA2 Errors

Hoffman65

Hi I'm new here so, I apologize for already asking for help. I didn't intend to but I really want to get this working. 

So I'm having a bit of a problem. I followed the MO installation guide for FNIS, it seems to work but I'm also trying to run FNIS - PCEA2 and it patches, installs everything, no errors or warning when I run the generator. Yet when I get into the game it says PCEA2 couldn't load because of error(s): FNIS - Verison V5.5.0 older than required, even though I'm using a fresh install. Can't even download V5.5.0 from the nexus anymore. and that the last generation failed. I've tried messing with the load orders, reinstalled. I can't seem to figure it out. and like I said, it generated fine, even gave it admin, and kept it admin to see if that would help. But still the same error. I also have creatures pack, and, spells, did the patch, made it so it was under everything else. Any help would be greatly appreciated right now.

I'm also having the same problem with Dual Sheath redux, but that actually is shooting out an error about Skyproc patches, and I've used it Patcher as well. But even though it's giving me the error it actually does seem to work in-game. 

Alright so I watched his setup of FNIS, and I've re-ordered my left panel. I'm also using LOOT instead of the one as suggested, I noticed something, when he ran FNIS he got an overwrite file, but he turned off one mod then did it again. Should I make it so I have multiple patched outputs for each piece of FNIS I.E. Spells, Creatures, and PCEA2? 

Hi I'm new here so, I apologize for already asking for help. I didn't intend to but I really want to get this working. 

So I'm having a bit of a problem. I followed the MO installation guide for FNIS, it seems to work but I'm also trying to run FNIS - PCEA2 and it patches, installs everything, no errors or warning when I run the generator. Yet when I get into the game it says PCEA2 couldn't load because of error(s): FNIS - Verison V5.5.0 older than required, even though I'm using a fresh install. Can't even download V5.5.0 from the nexus anymore. and that the last generation failed. I've tried messing with the load orders, reinstalled. I can't seem to figure it out. and like I said, it generated fine, even gave it admin, and kept it admin to see if that would help. But still the same error. I also have creatures pack, and, spells, did the patch, made it so it was under everything else. Any help would be greatly appreciated right now.

I'm also having the same problem with Dual Sheath redux, but that actually is shooting out an error about Skyproc patches, and I've used it Patcher as well. But even though it's giving me the error it actually does seem to work in-game. 

I think you posted that on Nexus under a different account, and for Sexy Move. But I just copy/paste my response from there, so helpful users don't wrack their brains about that (user or MO) problem.

Since you have used FNIS in the past you have some old files, which now have somehow slipped into your current installation.

There are 3 files which can have this version number:

scripts/FNISVersion.pex

scripts/FNISVersionGenerated.pex

tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users/FNISVersionGenerated_Template.pex

At least one of those stems from FNIS V5.5 and does now does cause this trouble.

Was not me, but I did find the problem It was being overwritten. As you suggested I did fix my load order on the left-hand panel it that fixed it. I use the same name on both sites. MO seems to think Advanced Skyrim Overhaul should come after FNIS which it's overwriting. No idea why it thinks this is a good idea. but hey it's not always the smarts thing to listen to software. 

Was not me, but I did find the problem It was being overwritten. As you suggested I did fix my load order on the left-hand panel it that fixed it. I use the same name on both sites. MO seems to think Advanced Skyrim Overhaul should come after FNIS which it's overwriting. No idea why it thinks this is a good idea. but hey it's not always the smarts thing to listen to software. 

BIG THANKS. You figured that out. It's indeed ASO which has included all kind of scripts, including 4 from FNIS and FNIS Creatures.

And that is causing these errors.

And btw. This is also an MO bug. MO should not use files that a mod (ASO) has included in a bsa, when another mod (FNIS) has a loose version of the same file. Just one more case why I despise MO so much

BIG THANKS. You figured that out. It's indeed ASO which has included all kind of scripts, including 4 from FNIS and FNIS Creatures.

And btw. This is also an MO bug. MO should not use files that a mod (ASO) has included in a bsa, when another mod (FNIS) has a loose version of the same file. Just one more case why I despise MO so much

very true on the MO file selection.  I have noticed the MO will sometimes pick load order based on installation order, (im not talking the left panel, i am talking about in the actual order you installed them into MO) regardless of the OLD LOOT integration MO has.   and one more thing:  FORE you are the BEST!  I cannot imagine skyrim without your mods.  THANK YOU!!!   

I agree with you as it should not do that, and a pain to figure that out, I do find the easy and use of MO over NMM easier to deal with CTD and resetting to 0 if I need to.

While it does cause errors like this, understanding what overrides what, and what needs to go where can fix these issues where trouble shooting with NMM can be a pain if you have to uninstall or reinstall a mod. where with MO I can disable the error causing mod, go back in and see if my game works. 

You are one of the best modders I've seen love what you've done with the game. It's just personal choice. 

Archived