(WIP) Mjana's Labyrinth - by Trykz

Trykz

Sooo.....

FallsView got a visit from Queen Bitch today, to make sure everyone was doing their jobs:

MJCounter.jpg

She was very thorough in her inspection, checking first to make sure that Commander Lillian was following her patrol duties to the letter:

CmdrLillian02.jpg

She also checked on everyone else:

GuardTabitha.jpg

Satisfied with Guard Tabitha's performance, it came time for Captain Ysolda's evaluation. Oh look, here she comes down the hall from the main entrance now. Right on schedule:

Patrol01.jpg

After following her upstairs to be sure the master bedroom was secured by Sergeant Zoe, it was time to check in with FallsView's newest hire, Merchant Delilah. She snapped right to attention when the boss showed up, offering to buy anything from, or resupply the boss with anything she might need:

MerchantDelilah.jpg

Making sure everyone was following their assigned patrol duties one last time, it was nearly time to head back to the Labyrinth to continue with the remaining construction:

Patrol02.jpg

Patrol03.jpg

The guards have a full-time patrol schedule. Captain Ysolda paths between the first and second floor cells, from the front door all the way up to the master bedroom. Commander Lillian guards the front door, and patrols back toward the storeroom. And guard Tabith patrols across the first floor from the kitchen area to the basement gate. Needless to say, unless you're a master sneak, there's NO hiding from these tough as nails bitches. It can be done, but don't expect it to be easy ;)

By the way, just so no one can say they weren't duly warned, here's why you need to be careful moving through the basement:

Troll01.jpg

If you're low level, he'll kill you in short order. At level 10+, he can be defeated, but will surely be waiting for you on your return trip from the Labyrinth :P

Stay tuned! Things are just getting warmed up!

Trykz

So after finding that backup .esp, I went straight to work getting things back in order. And here is what things look like so far:

Welcome to the new FallsView Estate:

FallsViewEstate.jpg

If you get out of line at FallsView, you may very well end up here:

FallsView Jail:

FallsViewJail.jpg

And this tough Breton bitch may very well be the one to put you there, IF she doesn't just kill you:

Commander Lillian

CmdrLillian.jpg

However, if you mind your manners and keep your hands in your pockets, you'll always be a welcome guest here:

The Second Floor Master Bedroom (player space):

MasterBR.jpg

After some much needed R-and-R in the Master Bedroom, you may be feeling a bit adventurous. In which case you'll be looking for this:

Basement Gate and Lower Door:

BasementGate.jpg

Basement.jpg

You'll want to be careful down here ;)

But making your way the short distance through, you'll eventually come to:

The FallsView Sewer Gate and Trapdoor:

SewerGate.jpg

SewerTrapdoor.jpg

The sewer is cold and wet. And barely fit for human occupancy. But as you proceed to make your way toward the Labyrinth, you'll meet this unfortunate soul:

Emily's Cell:

Emily.jpg

Emily applied for a position as a FallsView Guard. As should be quite obvious, she didn't make the cut. After getting somewhat mouthy with Commander Lillian, she found herself stripped of everything, and a resident of the Commander's "special" holding cell. The gate cannot be picked, and Emily appears to be hopelessly stuck here forever. Unless you can find the misplaced key to the cell "somewhere" within FallsView Estate ;)

If you manage to find it, Emily will be forever in your debt, and will follow you anywhere.

At the far end of the sewer, you'll find a ladder that leads to the Labyrinth reception area. This is where new arrivals to the Labyrinth are processed as either slaves or prison labor:

ReceptionArea01.jpg

ReceptionArea02.jpg

ReceptionArea03.jpg

ReceptionArea04.jpg

SO much to do. So many souls to torment. So few hours in a day :P

Stay tuned!

*Squee* It's really coming together! I love the designs and how each part flows into the next. I really look forward to exploring this mod when you get a version ready for testing.

This barely scratches the surface. The more twisted and demented shit comes later :dodgy:

Once I get all of the NPCs recreated and added to FallsView and the reception area and hub cells, I'll convert it to .esm for upload. Hopefully by mid-week. DEFINITELY by the weekend :D

Trykz

Ok, I wanted this to ask earlier but then all shit hit the fan :)

Are those who would like bound by the mods that we are allowed to use?

If this really takes off and there isn't a list of mods that are allowed then you would get major problems to make an easy and clear mods required list. On the otherhand if you want to do some weirder things you get forced to use mods pretty quick.

Anyway, what is your policy on that?

Ok' date=' I wanted this to ask earlier but then all shit hit the fan :)

Are those who would like bound by the mods that we are allowed to use?

If this really takes off and there isn't a list of mods that are allowed then you would get major problems to make an easy and clear mods required list. On the otherhand if you want to do some weirder things you get forced to use mods pretty quick.

Anyway, what is your policy on that?

[/quote']

My policy is pretty straight forward and simple:

Mjana'sLabyrinth.esm will be the "master file" under which ALL plug-ins will be created and hooked into the Labyrinth's Central Hub through doors that I will provide both in the hub, AND in the plug-in. All that is required of the modder is a COC marker within the cell that I can console into for testing, and to locate the most ideal locations for entry and exit doors.

The rules are simple as well. There are only 3:

First... absolutely NO pedophilia of ANY kind. If a prospective plug-in to the Labyrinth contains ANY at all, I'll bin that shit faster than I downloaded it.

Second.... absolutely NO "two-way" exits connecting the main Skyrim worldspace directly back into the Labyrinth. The Estate is the ONLY means of entry "into" the Labyrinth. The plug-in can dump the player anywhere the creator chooses, but NOT back in once they exit into Tamriel, without going back to FallsView Estate to re-enter.

Finally, the MjanasLabyrinth.esm CANNOT be altered in ANY way. I'm putting too much time and effort into this to have someone come along and fuck it up for everyone. Which is exactly what will happen if it's altered. Plug-ins created by others will simply break. The Master file is constructed from 100% vanilla assets, and MUST remain as such so it always works for everyone.

In the event it needs updating (which is something I'm well prepared for considering recent events), I'll be on it almost immediately and will also contact any contributors if there's anything they need to look into for their plug-in to retain compatibility.

As plug-ins are created and released, I'll be running a constantly updated list in the new release thread I'll be creating in the Adult downloads section. The second post will be reserved to showcase new plug-ins with a full pic spread. The third will host a list of WIPs from myself and others who wish to make others aware of what they're working on.

Assuming all goes well this week, I'm shooting for putting up a fully working master file by next weekend at the latest, so myself and anyone else who wishes to plug into the Labyrinth can get started.

The hub will be spacious enough for AT LEAST 100 entry points to other plug-in content (and if necessary at some point in the future, I'll add more as required), with one very "special wing" dedicated to the darker, seedier, and more sinister stuff. And the truly "adult" content as well. Mjana's Labyrinth will have something for everyone, regardless of taste, but with personal preference held in the highest regard. Which is why I chose to rebuild it this way. So users can pick and choose the types of content they want to experience, and simply exclude what they don't.

In a nutshell:

MjanasLabyrinth.esm is the master file under which you build your plug-in (which both modders AND non-modders alike will use in common). Once your plug-in is completed, it gets sent to me for testing. During my testing, I'll locate the best spots to locate the entry and exit points.

Depending on the content's time requirement to complete, I may dump users exiting one modder's plug-in directly into another modder's shitstorm :P (depending on how well they flow together)

Any other questions? Feel free to ask me anything here, or PM me with something you don't want out in the open yet.

Trykz

So the Greybeards hollered down the mountain today, to let Mjana know that her pet would be arriving at FallsView soon, so she could prepare the site for it's arrival:

TheWatcher.jpg

Don't pick a fight with her, unless you want to be fast-tracked to your last save :P

She is part of the FallsView Crime Faction, so bear in mind that the guards will help HER, and not you :D

-------------------------------------------------------------

The first time you encounter Vulnahket when arriving at FallsView, she will fly around and get stuck in mid-air - fixed (as expected, a broken navmesh was the culprit)

Trykz

• 3 weeks later...

Just came back to the forum after a short pause, and one of the first threads I had to check was yours!

And oh god, this looks so amazingly awesome! I can't wait to see what more you have waiting for us, because this mod is already fantastic! :D

So yeah, keep it up! :P

Just came back to the forum after a short pause' date=' and one of the first threads I had to check was yours!

And oh god, this looks so amazingly awesome! I can't wait to see what more you have waiting for us, because this mod is already fantastic! :D

So yeah, keep it up! :P

[/quote']

wheeeee I can not wait till this is released, I hope Mjana has some sassy dialogue

I wanted to have this out a couple of weeks ago, but then my better judgement took over :P

Dawnguard is very close, and I want to plan new stuff around it and utilize whatever I can (as long as it doesn't make the DLC a requirement to using Mjana's Labyrinth). And my better judgement tells me to wait, because Bethesda is surely going to break at least one thing I already have in place.

I have the hub nearly finished and connected into FallsView. I just need to finish by adding new NPCs. Depending upon how soon Dawnguard releases, I may have enough time to finish my add-on. So it will be the first to hook into the Labyrinth. Some of you will remember it as Redlight Palace. Except this time, it's a LOT better :P

Redlight Palace will REQUIRE that you have some (or perhaps all) of my current race mods installed (as well as a few that I'll be releasing very soon).

So stay tuned!

Trykz

Have you seen niruhns business plan on the nexus' date=' it looks like it would fit in well with your mod, maybe it could even be incorporated as your first addon :)

[/quote']

I see he recommends bodies other than CBBE/CHSBHC.

If it's incompatible or uses stuff that won't work with any body type, then I'm not interested. If you want to post back a confirmation, then cool. But I don't have time for testing things other than what I'm working on for compatibility.

edit: to clarify what I mean, if a potential add-on has a specific body requirement, then the entire mod inherits that requirement.

Mods that hook into Mjana's Labyrinth can only be accessed by passing through FallsView, and into the main hub area, which is where the access doors are located. The Labyrinth is a one way trip, and includes no two-way doors from the main Skyrim world. As I posted earlier in the thread, returning to the Labyrinth only happens by one of two means:

you pass through Fallsview, into the central hub, and then into the add-on content. Once inside the add-on, you'll either exit back into the central hub, straight into another add-on, or you'll take a one-way trip to somewhere in Tamriel, which then requires returning to FallsView to re-enter.

In essence, the central hub is the core of the mod, and FallsView is my add-on. But because I built them together, they require each other. FallsView uses NO custom assets. It's 100% vanilla to be compatible with anything.

Dawnguard is very close' date=' and I want to plan new stuff around it and utilize whatever I can (as long as it doesn't make the DLC a requirement to using Mjana's Labyrinth). And my better judgement tells me to wait, because Bethesda is surely going to break at least one thing I already have in place.

Trykz

[/quote']

Don't be so negative :D

Just say, "Maybe bethesda won't break everything and leaves a few things I can use" That sounds way more positive :)

Anyway, I hope that because of the time they have dawnguard out less bugs are present, meaning less patches.

But don't let dawnguard keep you waiting, Bethesda doesn't need DLC to break everything, remember that update a while back (I think it was mounted combat)...

Maybe they just like to break mods?

Archived